Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' All

Start the day with a pot of Peruvian coffee, then we're making "cocktail".... 

I have a purpose for the time being.    Having to make RSO for a friend.  cancer....  My job sucks at times.  I'm pretty sad. We do what we can.

watching 1/2 gallon of Everclear  infusion cook down to medicated goo

yes, we are doing this outdoors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Mornin' All

Start the day with a pot of Peruvian coffee, then we're making "cocktail".... 

I have a purpose for the time being.    Having to make RSO for a friend.  cancer....  My job sucks at times.  We do what we can.

watching 1/2 gallon of Everclear  infusion cook down to medicated goo

yes, we are doing this outdoors.

Doesn't heating Everclear to its boiling point boil off the alcohol content? That stuff is 190 proof here and tastes like grain alcohol... on crack.

Wb

• Like 1

that's the object. We are concentrating "hemp" oils the Everclear dissolved.  RSO is a folk remedy for cancer. We are taking a multifaceted attack to the problem. If nothing else, it relieves side effects of conventional treatment... radiation, chemo....

Everclear is a food safe solvent

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that's the object. We are concentrating "hemp" oils the Everclear dissolved.  RSO is a folk remedy for cancer. We are taking a multifaceted attack to the problem. If nothing else, it relieves side effects of conventional treatment... radiation, chemo....

Everclear is a food safe solvent

Could you not use any (safe for human consumption) alcohol base as a solvent for this? Strong quality potato based Vodka comes to mind. Not the 'bottled under authority horse pi$$'  but the good strong Polish or Russian stuff.

Cheaper and also high proof depending on the maker.

Wb

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Vodka higher than 190 proof?  Haven't seen it.

I had some that my old business partner (a chemistry major) brought back from Kursk, Russia. Also CJ Wray and nephew used to make a massively over-proof white rum years ago. 

The local government banned it, delisted it or they discontinued it.

Probably because one shot equaled between two and three shots of their standard rum.

Wb

• Like 1

that's done...

now to our regular programming.   About half looped from breathing the alcohol.

mas cafe

neighbor's hound must have known I needed to pet a dog. She was loose and came by. Followed me down the block and waited for me to come back. Then she trotted in front of the car to the front of the house. After she was sure I was parking, she went home.

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That's a good thing, it could peel the paint or paper off the walls!

no like explosions, either.

Mornin' All

better today

Made a pot of ArivacaBlend  [dark/light roast] in observance of our anniversary.  Hard to believe a school teacher has put up with me for 12 years .... and I am not the oldest kid in 1st grade

kinda half a plan for dinner. Depends on what we can get at the [local] store

She sez she's a rice type person.  lol. That what she sez.   Put a t-bone and a baked spud in front of her. Don't be stupid and try to take the bone away before she is done.  She might bite.

Maybe a bottle of fizzy cider to chase it down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2