Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Wolfbane said:

With lime as the Spanish and Mexicans intended? Seville sour orange if you’re short on limes.

Wb

Negative.  Not saying that it’s a bad thing, just not something that i do.  Never was one of those lime and salt and a shot guys.  I’ll do a shot; but all i need is the tequila. Now this Avion 44 Extra Anejo cost me $150 for a bottle so I think i shall sip on it instead of doing shots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfbane said:

My advice: Given the choice of the above or nothing: “Stay thirsty my friend” (the most interesting man in the world). 🥃🍺🍸

Wb

Rum is my least favorite alcohol ... i’ll drink a Corona if I’m at someone’s house or an event and that is what they have; but, i don’t buy that for myself. I’ve pretty much settled on Molson Canadian being my beer of choice, i will also occasionally buy Guinness Draught or Bitburger -- oh and I love Harp on tap.  For decades it was Moosehead; but, Molson beat them for first place. 

5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Rum is the only alcohol I drink; although what passes for rum these days...

Cuban rum is best, but may also be liquid hangover.

In high school was  bacardi 151 ... about 10 years ago, i was at a poker game at my brother in laws house and had some Captain Morgan -- don’t know where that ranks on the rum chain of command; but ... i’m not a fan of it. 

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

I have and it is better.  than what they export

Roger. Just wondering about BSM's experiences. When i lived in Meeee chigan i used to go over to Windsor or Sarnia Ontario to the Brewer's Retail just to get the genuine article.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Well then you need to visit the Great White North:) I'd advise going in the summer, you know less snow, warmer weather for beer drinking.

would love to hang out there for a while -- when there isn’t snow.  Spent a winter looking at Canada quite a bit ... icebreaker i was on spent the winter tying up in Sault Ste. Marie. Going up and down the St. Mary’s River and well ... Canada is right there. 

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Roger. Just wondering about BSM's experiences. When i lived in Meeee chigan i used to go over to Windsor or Sarnia Ontario to the Brewer's Retail just to get the genuine article.

my friend would go the Canadian side of the falls... bring back Cuban's and beer !   Molson xxx...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, babadono said:

when i was in that area, i lived on the boat ... didn’t have a car then, so when we’d go out it was to places within walking distance of where the boat was tied up. 

the second time i lived in michigan was in grand haven which is much further south than the Soo.  

someday i’d like to vacation in that area again and see the old sites ... @DizRotus owes me a beer next time I’m in Grand Haven.  

• Like 1

the country was crippled

y'all have any experience with Aussie brews?  First time there, I tried a bunch. Hard to remember who was who. I did enjoy Power's Bitter.

Last time, I don't even remember if or what brand. All I ordered was a schooner. And glad I wasn't driving.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

when i was in that area, i lived on the boat ... didn’t have a car then, so when we’d go out it was to places within walking distance of where the boat was tied up. 

the second time i lived in michigan was in grand haven which is much further south than the Soo.  

someday i’d like to vacation in that area again and see the old sites ... @DizRotus owes me a beer next time I’m in Grand Haven.  

Any time.  The Tip-A-Few is calling.  The 2020 Coast Guard Festival is  July 24 - August 2.  You’d be a guest of honor.  We can hit the Legion too.  A friend of mine on 5th Street hosts a big party.  Stay with us in Birmingham and we’ll go to GH.

https://www.coastguardfest.org/

BBB0D50C-915B-4B44-9951-0085A6D35C0A.jpeg

FE2CBA03-B7B4-47E1-B67E-618EC327699D.jpeg

4C7E28B2-C692-461E-B072-638C00B037E9.jpeg

4C776E97-B8BA-4982-9BE3-7D7CBA66CA95.jpeg

• Like 3

thanks neil ... i’ll have to keep that in mind. that would be fun and after the year i just had it would be nice to get my brother out on a road trip. legion used to throw the CG a dinner during the festival. if i’m able to swing a trip like that, i’d also want to go see the only legitimate ship that should have the name Mackinaw.  It’s a museum in Mackinaw City area i believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

All I ordered was a schooner.

used to get schooners from this mexican dive in the port of long beach.  glasses of beer the size of a baby’s head. That was back in the day that you could have a drink at lunch and go back to work without getting into trouble. 

closest i’ve been to an aussie place is eating dinner at the Outback Steakhouse and drinking a Fosters ... that’s australian for beer so the commercial says; but, i hear that the locals don’t drink it. 

• Haha 1