Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@dirtmudd is that from that Flintstones hotel or resort they built down in St Petersburg, FL back in the 90s when I was down there?

Had to go pick up some stuff and found a 2.3lb porterhouse for 6.99/lb, picked up shrooms too + garlic, green leaves, red pepper, onion, red wine, butter & linguine I had here. EVOO plus sea salt made this just past rare slab crunchy on the edges:)

Finished the strip side just now, the fillet for tonight or tomorrow. Then chew the good stuff off the bone and I'm not ashamed to admit that I do that still... to this day!!

Thought about going Italian but then I left off the tomato and this would have been a $40.00 plate anywhere. Nice when leftovers plus $16 ends up making something great. Wouldn't fit on the plate, had to use a platter!

IMG-20191110-132017.jpg

• Like 8

that's a serious fork

I like it

somebody forgot to turn the alarm clock off.   Wife is off today and I just went to wake her.   OOOOPS

I was worried about it be Sunday or Monday.  Had to check the channel guide to be sure. And then .....

Hope this isn't how the rest of the day does me.

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

that's a serious fork

That's the last "silverware" I've bought. Mid 90s I believe. For the life of me I don't get why the folks at those kitchen and department stores would get mad at me when shopping for decent stuff. I had to teach them what was up!

I don't do (try not to) dainty or fu fu crap. If it looked decent I pick up a tablespoon and try to bend it. Lots of them bent and I bent them back, the ones that didn't is what I chose from. If getting ice cream is going to bend a spoon then it's no good. Back then sets were $100 and up for decent stuff.

44 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I will trade ya...

I miss wintertime, but don't want it like how y'all get it up there.. lots and often.

• Like 1

I'm at the height of ambition.

after the false start, I made coffee.  cooked some scrambled eggs for the kid and I.  I dolled mine up in a tortilla with salsa and cheese.  Then went back to bed.  Woke to the smell of trash fire.

went to the living room. wife asked if I was OK.

Yeah, except for smelling trash fire. I thought she might have been trying to burn papers in the fireplace.   Nah. She has a cake in the oven. And it's risen over the top of the pan. My 3in deep lasagna pan... Asked her what size pan the recipe called for... 9 X 13... I think she mis-measured something.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Yeah, except for smelling trash fire

you really know how to compliment a woman about her cooking don’t you?  Lucky she didn’t throw the pan at you!

i attempted to make scrambled eggs last night for dinner. It was a world-class disaster. I have no idea how i can screw up scrambled eggs.  whatever it was that came out of the pan, i too, tossed it into a tortilla and poured ketchup and hot sauce all over it. 

wonder if that’s why i woke up feeling like i’m just coming out of anesthesia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you really know how to compliment a woman about her cooking don’t you?  Lucky she didn’t throw the pan at you!

i attempted to make scrambled eggs last night for dinner. It was a world-class disaster. I have no idea how i can screw up scrambled eggs.  whatever it was that came out of the pan, i too, tossed it into a tortilla and poured ketchup and hot sauce all over it. 

wonder if that’s why i woke up feeling like i’m just coming out of anesthesia. 

} Scrambled eggs for one - 3 eggs, 1/3 to 1/2 cup cream or whole milk, dash salt/pepper, a bit of parsley for color - use a large mixing bowl and a whisk (don’t use the typical cereal bowl and fork). Whisk very well to a light foam develops, the air in the scramble will make you an airy egg mixture. Heat one pat of butter in non-stick pan, medium heat at most, turn down as pan heats, use non-stick spatula.

Don't overcook or over heat so eggs do not get brown - enjoy. If you need to add ketchup - start over - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, richieb said:

} Scrambled eggs for one - 3 eggs, 1/3 to 1/2 cup cream or whole milk, dash salt/pepper, a bit of parsley for color - use a large mixing bowl and a whisk (don’t use the typical cereal bowl and fork). Whisk very well to a light foam develops, the air in the scramble will make you an airy egg mixture. Heat one pat of butter in non-stick pan, medium heat at most, turn down as pan heats, use non-stick spatula.

Don't overcook or over heat so eggs do not get brown - enjoy. If you need to add ketchup - start over - 

who do you think i am the next food network star?  I bought some eggs in those milk cartoons and poured it in a skillet that was on high.  I read the label and it said serving size was 10 -- although I can’t see how that would feed 10.  I threw some ham in the skillet at the same time.  some of the eggs looked cooked but there was still a lot of liquid in the pan so some eggs turned brown. I was craving a breakfast burrito, so i also bought these hash brown patties and tried to cook them ... until the smoke alarm went off.

I couldn’t even wrap the thing properly -- large tortilla was too full of eggs, ham, hash browns and cheese that i couldn't get a tight seal on my wrap.  tried to pick it up and it came apart. oh yeah, and my non-stick miracle pan that you can burn things in and just wipe it off and nothing will stick ... it stuck to the pan. Lying commercials! And we won’t even talk about the mess!

I’ve just accepted that i’m probably not a very good cook. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1