Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

about 11

Reminds me of of a woman I dated in college.  One evening toward the end of our senior year she was filling out applications (remember the paper versions) for teaching positions.  She asked me what they meant by,  “How many books do you have in your professional library?”  I explained that they want to know how many books she owns about education, specifically physical education, as that was her major.  She replied, “none.”  I said surely, you have some old textbooks, just write in a number.  She put, “approximately eighteen.”  I groaned, but did not correct her, after all, she was a phys-ed major.

She got the job and married a guy she had gone with before he went to Vietnam.  Apparently, I was merely filling a void.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Reminds me of of a woman I dated in college.  One evening toward the end of our senior year she was filling out applications (remember the paper versions) for teaching positions.  She asked me what the meant by,  “How many books do you have in your professional library?”  I explained that they want to know how many books she owns about education, specifically physical education, as that was her major.  She replied, “none.”  I said surely, you have some old textbooks, just write in a number.  She put, “approximately eighteen.”  I groaned, but did not correct her, after all, she was a phys-ed major.

She got the job and married a guy she had gone with before he went to Vietnam.  Apparently, I was merely filling a void.

in case you haven’t seen the movie -- my reference occurs at about the 43 second mark. 

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Reminds me of of a woman I dated in college.  One evening toward the end of our senior year she was filling out applications (remember the paper versions) for teaching positions.  She asked me what they meant by,  “How many books do you have in your professional library?”  I explained that they want to know how many books she owns about education, specifically physical education, as that was her major.  She replied, “none.”  I said surely, you have some old textbooks, just write in a number.  She put, “approximately eighteen.”  I groaned, but did not correct her, after all, she was a phys-ed major.

Apparently, someone else was filling it in more fully.

Wb

• Like 1

Kroger just started carryintg Tillamook here in Ohio @Wolfbane.  Used a dollar off coupon for some of their ice cream.  Not too shabby but definitely not worth their normal price.  Now I see they have their cheese line too.  No coupon so no tryee!  lol  Seems like a haul coming here from the Northwest.  Wonder if they'll stock it or not.  The ice cream was pretty good though just pricey.  

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Off the www, but my point was grilled onions are great if put with an entree!

i agree that looked great.  specifically, i was thinking about those that want grilled onions over raw onions on a burger or hot dog or sandwich. I like the taste of onions and i think there is more flavor in a raw onion. 

• Like 1

Cool and it makes a difference and changes everything about a burger. Like a patty melt with sauteed or grilled, but a regular cheeseburger, with lettuce and tomato... sliced red onion is very good.

Got me thinking about driving out of town for a Hardees soon. They left Charlotte decades ago but are all around the outskirts of town. That's an hour or more to get one of thier burgers.... don't do it very often any more. Can get a $$ one towards the "proper" zip-codes much closer by!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Kroger just started carryintg Tillamook here in Ohio @Wolfbane.  Used a dollar off coupon for some of their ice cream.  Not too shabby but definitely not worth their normal price.  Now I see they have their cheese line too.  No coupon so no tryee!  lol  Seems like a haul coming here from the Northwest.  Wonder if they'll stock it or not.  The ice cream was pretty good though just pricey.  

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Best to get their aged white cheddar if you ever try their Cheddar Cheese. I can’t abide orange dye in cheese but it seems quite common in North America. The aged white cheddar that WSU sells is even better. It comes vacuum packed in a can that requires an opener. The can being a holdover from WWII, also let’s you age it for decades as long as you keep the can unopened during that time. 

Wb

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Shish-kabob

shiskabob.jpg

Small world. The kabobs pictured below are from lunch here today. We had the first batch here on Sunday so these were the leftovers. Originals on my Lodge made Japanese Hibachi and Mesquite Lump Charcoal. Reheated on the wife's electric BBQ in aluminum foil:

Wb

Beef Kabobs.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Small world. The kabobs pictured below are from lunch here today. We had the first batch here on Sunday so these were the leftovers. Originals on my Lodge made Japanese Hibachi and Mesquite Lump Charcoal. Reheated on the wife's electric BBQ in aluminum foil:

Wb

Beef Kabobs.jpg

Nice, makes me think coffee isn't enough this morning! 

That's the way I like to do it. Make more than I need and enjoy the leftovers. Cook less, eat more!

Hi All

car people

I have a Q

How much difference in tire pressure to ambient temp?

Yesterday, wife head off to work, at 7AM, 40`.  Tire pressure idiot light comes on. She parks it and gets a ride with a co-worker.  I get to it around 10AM, 80`.  Put the gauge on all tires ... 32psi.  33 is recommended. So, I did not add any. This AM, I checked them .... 23 - 24psi. Brought them up to "cold" spec.

Brings another Q

What constitutes a cold tire?