Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

making some Mexican Shepard's Pie

Mashed potato and meat burritos in green enchilada sauce.  Sour cream, chopped cilantro and cheese in/on.

We have queso fresco... that gets the go instead of the usual Tillamok cheddar. Or in addition to...

i could eat that. Regular Shepard’s Pie is a top five dish for me. I ain’t fancy ... more comfortable eating at a truck stop than a fancy joint. My top Five is:

1. Kale Soup (made with collard greens vice kale) toss in some hunks of Linguica

2. Soupas -- Festas Do Espirito Santo

3. Shepherd’s Pie

4. Burrito

5. A good hamburger

• Like 2

they say confession is good for the soul ... well, i did something today that i’ve never done before in my life. I know this will come as a surprise to my forum brothers ... okay here it goes ... i was at the store and i used .... a .....coupon. For a split second, I became one of those people. There was clothing items on sale and i asked these two ladies that were shopping if they’d help me (because i’m shopping stupid). They were all excited and actually very helpful. They explained the sale items and then said use one of these ... and pulled out a coupon that cut an additional 15% off the already 50% that i getting without a coupon. 

I told the gal at the check stand, “I’ve never used a coupon so i don’t know what to do, so i just set it down.”   She laughed and said, “we take care of it."

I don’t think i’ll become Coupon Guy; but it was a way to break the ice with the lady shoppers. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators

If my wife' soup looked like that, she'd have a better chance of me eatin' it

Well it had to cook down alot, it's still thick even after I added a little water, but it's better than to thin.

ya know the old axiom about 1 bad apple....

a rotten potato will ruin a barrel. They are almost as bad as rotten onions.

It's true, I have seen it plenty times with potatoes and onions, they can get pretty nasty.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Just ask Rosie

Rosie or Jose?

6 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

image.png.00b2d32d513d6f66b39f8e0807ccd9a8.png

update , it's definitely coffee 

could be fake coffee 🧐

Bet she hasn't seen her feet in years and her back is killing her all the time. Those things seriously need to be trimmed.

Wb

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

they say confession is good for the soul ...

Can tell your single :o

I don’t think i’ll become Coupon Guy; but it was a way to break the ice with the lady shoppers. 

That would be worth it all by itself.

For a split second, I became one of those people.

As long as it's not one of those people who use so many coupons $100 becomes $5 after 40 coupons and an hour checkout time.

You talked with some ladies, and got some clothes, you did well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Rosie or Jose?

Bet she hasn't seen her feet in years and her back is killing her all the time. Those things seriously need to be trimmed.

Wb

Your right except when her feet are in the air, it has to be bad for your back. There is enough there to trim and make an extra 3-4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

You talked with some ladies, and got some clothes, you did well.

this is how I get in trouble shopping.   The grocery was not busy, at all, and I managed to strike up convos with several gals.  Even had one lady [not an employee] looking for a couple items for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

this is how I get in trouble shopping.   The grocery was not busy, at all, and I managed to strike up convos with several gals.  Even had one lady [not an employee] looking for a couple items for me.

playing helpless has worked for me so many times. 

• Like 3

} Maybe the ladies are jealous at how well you wear a sarong , and needing pointers? 

• Haha 1

may be.  dinna wear it to the store.

wore my "civies"... bib-o's. 

You might be better to think of it as a beach wrap... something to cover your speedo when you go in the store for a beverage.

I used to swim competitively... believe me, you would rather see me in a sarong than any of the tank suits we had to wear.

• Like 1

Ha, the City of Columbus voted tonite to pay Stormy Daniels the $450k she won in court for the illegal arrest/harassment charges she was arrested for at that strip club where she was appearing.  So far the PD's Vice Squad has been disbanded, 2 officers dismissed and 2 officers and a Lt have hearings coming up.  I NEVER would have thought of that had I not saw that wonderful cup of coffee in the scroll.  😂

• Sad 1