Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Now yer makin' me hungry

I've noticed the same. Hot isn't hot. I think they are toning the spicing down.  My palate isn't immune to hot. We do use hot sauce/s. Asian type.  A lot of my cooking is home style mid-western.  Nothing too bitey.

...On hot isn't hot.

I used to participate in the local chili cook-off. Judging is popular vote and folks usually only take one spoonful as a sample. Not much time to make an impression.  I always describe mine as medium. Hot will scare people.  I saw a couple of guys walking away... turn and stare at me as they were wiping their brow.... Slow acting chili. melts your stomach and not your mouth

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Need to pull the bird from the freezer soon.

all i have to do is drive around and look for a restaurant with an “OPEN” sign lit up.   Actually, just purchased something that says Turkey Breast; but it’s about the size of a volleyball. My brother is an excellent cook, so he’ll take care of that.  I’m a good buyer of stuff; but that is where my skill ends. 

One thing i do make well is salsa.  I get rave reviews about it when i make it.  I made a big batch last November at my sister’s -- haven’t made any sense then. My brother won’t eat it because he thinks the stuff i make is too hot. Now i’m craving some; but i just sat down and am not going to get up and go to the store again.

• Like 2

I make a mango "salsa". It all fresh diced fruit/veggies. Labor intensive... so, I don't do it often.

Special occasions only.  I can't make a small batch, unless I want a lot of half this and thats.

no matter how small I think I am going

I always end up with a dutch oven full of lasagna sauce. A 9 X 13 and 9 X 9 pan finished

Not a real problem. Lasagna is good any time of day. "Ages" nicely in the fridge for the day or two it lasts.

• Like 4

i have successfully made Lasagna before -- not for years though.  the lasagna was a success; but the kitchen didn’t survive. i think i used every pot and pan in the house and got sauce and cheese everywhere.  but, i do like lasagna. was tempted a few weeks ago to make some; but the memories of the mess kept me from doing it. I should bite the bullet as i could eat from it for several days.  i was looking at my bank account the other day and realized that in the past 18 days, i’d already spent $380 at the store (granted not everything are food items; but for a guy that doesn’t ever cook, i sure do buy a lot of stuff).  I keep the cheese and beer industries viable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's worth it.

I trash the kitchen when I cook.  I don't try to multi-task when I'm cooking. Used bowls/pans and all get shoved out the way [table, counter after the sink is full] until after.

made some mashed potato and beef enchilada [burritos] the other day.  Took longer to clean up the mess than it did to make.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mornin' All

Been up for [quite] a while. 2:30AM is too early to be up. So, I was. Drank leftover coffee. Made a couple scrambled egg burritos. Took a shower. Cooked pancakes for wife and kid. Fresh coffee for wife. I'm about done for the day.

I bet the [fuel] wood get delivered today and I want to clean the chimney before it is a must. We have cold/wet predicted for the holiday weekend. That would be the perfect time for it to plug, if I don't do a pre-emptive strike. No, turning the stereo real loud does not shake the creosote loose.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Nice Mike.  Went to Amazon and didn't see any offerings by the Pink Tones.

duckduckgo'd & googled it, not sure they have any recordings for sale Chuck.

Hit me up or just post if you manage to find it, like to have their "Pompeii" to go through my stereo!

• Like 3

Mornin All

About killed myself Mon. Overdid it. Spent yesterday in bed.

Mo bettah today.

Have a lot to do. Prep for T-Day. Move wood to a dry location.

Yes, dry

Rain coming today/tomorrow. Calling for 2in and snow down to 5000ft. Weather people are all excited. Even suggested folk take their family/friends up MtLemmon to play in snow.

I think that when people come here, the last thing they want is what they left to come here.

On they news

A person staring at their eye phone walks of a subway platform. A person runs to help them up off the tracks. First thing that comes up.... the damn phone.

• Like 5

I don't own one, either.

When I leave the house, I don't want to be bothered by a telephone. Truth be known, I barely know how to place a call  and answer the wife's flip phone.  Text? Are you kidding?  I do know how to turn the damn thing off. It nags you if you don't respond to a text or call. Or at least open and close it.

if I need to borrow a phone and get handed an eye phone, I don't know what to do with it beyond what I saw on the Corona commercials...

• Haha 5