Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Youngest has a Chrysler 200 in Phoenix.  Started overheating so she took it back to a dealership several times and they wanted to replace the motor because they checked everything else.  Wrong!  So she called the oldest daughter who's hubby tinkers working on cars.  He told her what to have put on and it's been fine ever since.  Young good looking blonde sure we'll sell her a new one.  Didn't happen and she's not going back.  She did call the service manager and tell him what the problem was for his future reference.  I'll bet that was a great call.  lol

• Like 4

Well, this guy is pretty straight up. He said it had just deteriorated. New one is  an after market radiator, but considering the old one only made it about 7 years (genuine Subaru parts and a lot more money, I'm ok with it. I haven't had to put much into this... it was just not the best timing.

Got some Christmas lights and the tree up today. Since we went to the Philippines last year for Christmas, the wife wanted to make sure we got something up this year. Time to relax...

• Like 4

Well the leftover coffee is still  OK. Glad y'all turned it off.  I ain't touching the drinks on the tables. 

Sun is out and it's right nice ... in the sun. Air is still fresh.  Think I saw a little frost.

Pulling down Christmas lights from last season. Nothing excessive. A few strings in the mesquite trees. They get used year long for light in the backyard.  Nice not having bugs flying around the doors. I keep stopping myself from thinking I want to salvage the good.  I have lots of time... still, the time it takes to just replace the burnt bulbs is not worth the effort ... even if it worked. These lasted pretty good. 10mo or so. Not LED.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Pulling down Christmas lights from last season.

back in my crazy days ... i used to leave the Christmas lights up all year round. That way i could tell people what street i lived on and to just look for the only house with Christmas lights on. that was a crazy house. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

One windy day last week the neighbor kid was up walking around on his roof hanging his on the gutters.  Nothin like hanging upside down clipping on strings of gutter lights.  I just smiled, waved and drove by.  Figured he'd be laying in the yard when I came home.  Musta survived cause he wasn't laying there that I saw.  lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

that was a crazy house. 

same here.  A very short putt, in my case

One of the reasons I put mine up ... the neighbor likes them. 

Made a Christmas tree form of fencing. The plan is to stick trimmings from our arborvitae tree in/on it. We'll see how well this works. I usually tie them together in a tree shape bouquet and use an old tire/rim for a base.

Need to put a bug in someone's ear about what I need/want for Xmas.  I really need a pair of wheelbarrow handles. I must use wheelbarrows hard. This is the 2nd pair I have broken. Hauling rock around prolly doesn't help. I use it to tote firewood and groceries. That's pretty lightweight.

I could use a bunch of tool handles. I have rake and shovel heads from hell. The rocks strike again. 1st hand tools to use [in virgin dirt] is a pick and digging bar. Shortcut that with explosives. I found a tin from blasting caps in one of the sheds. I was so glad it did not have any caps in it. That stuff is kinda like us. The older, the less stable.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

One windy day last week the neighbor kid was up walking around on his roof hanging his on the gutters.  Nothin like hanging upside down clipping on strings of gutter lights.  I just smiled, waved and drove by.  Figured he'd be laying in the yard when I came home.  Musta survived cause he wasn't laying there that I saw.  lol

that's why we use kids for that type of thing.  They bounce pretty good and mend a lot faster than we do.

I was that guy when I was a kid. Guess Grandma called us monkeys for a good reason

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Made a Christmas tree form of fencing.

a couple of years, i had a white tree with black ornaments ... sounds strange, but was really cool looking. several people thought it weird until they saw one then they liked it. 

i haven’t had a tree in years ... said i would this year to try to spark some Christmas Spirit, but haven’t done so.  Would love one of those “dangerous” aluminum one from the 60s, with the rotating color light. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

a couple of years, i had a white tree with black ornaments ... sounds strange, but was really cool looking. several people thought it weird until they saw one then they liked it. 

i haven’t had a tree in years ... said i would this year to try to spark some Christmas Spirit, but haven’t done so.  Would love one of those “dangerous” aluminum one from the 60s, with the rotating color light. 

il_794xN.2117210829_kf3f.jpg

il_794xN.1486683398_7nx5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I think it was more like this..

39c2b4b629a3e22f0c1d22604cf82a36.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5