Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha....I've done that before. I recently bought a Marshall 40 watt tube guitar amp. I always wanted a Vox AC30 (classic British sound) I came across a deal on the Marshall. It does sound good.

yeah, i have a VOX tube amp; but sadly it’s not the AC30. There are a few others that i want.  Divided by 13 and Fender Vaporizer and Tone King are a few that i want to check out. 

• Like 3

Going to be a fun day.  60 degrees and sunny.  Pig Picking, shooting, a few beers by the Cape Fear River with 50 or so high school chums (all guys).  Taking a 9mm,  AR-15, and a new .22 single six Wrangler.  A 45 minute ride into the boonies.

Report to come..........

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Going to be a fun day.  60 degrees and sunny.  Pig Picking, shooting, a few beers by the Cape Fear River with 50 or so high school chums (all guys).  Taking a 9mm,  AR-15, and a new .22 single six Wrangler.  A 45 minute ride into the boonies.

Report to come..........

Sounds like a blast!  What 9mm do you prefer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Report to come..........

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Not really a preference but I have a Canik TP-9V2.  Made in Turkey by a company that supplies the UN with firearms.  Shoots well, never a misfire, and a double stack mag and one in chamber for 19 rounds.  Several reviews on YouTube.

IMG_20191207_102341_hdr.jpg

IMG_20191207_102400_hdr.jpg

Uzi does it there tough guy...

• Like 3

• Made it home unscathed.  Perfect weather, food, and camaraderie.  Shot up some ammo but the fun was letting our blind member shoot.  First my Ruger .22, then the 9mm, and finally the AR-15.  Turned him in the right direction, gave verbal right or left, higher or lower and let him blast away.  He was very appreciative. 
  • Also saw a flock of wild turkeys as we were arriving......must have 10-12.  Fun to watch though I don't hunt.
  • PS......don't where the dots at the beginning of the sentence are originating.
  • Like 1

We could, as easily , add cannabis,, too

mornin' folks.

a damp morning. Won't go so far as to say wet. High temp at midnight... 55` Whoopee

How much difference, in performance, is there between RB-61II, RP-160 and RP-600?  The cost diff is considerable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

we're suffering ... well maybe you aren't suffering.... experiencing might be better, the same weather today.  sposed to fair up this weekend. 70's.

Our average, Tucson, high is in the 60's thru Dec.

I know Indy is warmer than than The Heart City, but as a kid, it seems there was snow from mid Nov. My sisters concur. yeah ... and we walked 5 miles in cardboard shoes, thru snow, uphill [both directions] to/from school...

Winters have been fairly mild the last few years/decades. 76-77 had a cold snap. I remember them turning the temp at the factory down to 45. Felt warm compared to the outside -25, but you never warmed up. Work ground to a halt when the pneumatic tools failed   The good ole days.

to be 21 again... lucky I survived.

• Like 2

Had the doctor check out my painful neck.  So, i got the results today ... numerous herniated discs, arthritis, moderate spondylosis, bone spurs, something called anterior wedging of several cervical vertebra, something is straightening that is supposed to be curved, bone degeneration and evidence of old trauma. 

In layman’s terms ... my neck hurts a lot and all the time. Wake up a million times a night and in pain -- impossible to get comfortable anymore. Asked the doc to look into this because the neck pain is now neck pain AND a headache. 

Told her surgery is out of the questions and not interested in pain killers at this time either. My reasoning is that this isn’t going to get any better and i don’t want to rely on pain killers too soon. She did ask me if I’d try Acupuncture and I said yes. The good acupuncturist isn’t available until February, she offered to send me to another, but i decided to wait until this one has an opening. 

And that folks is what it’s like to be in your late 50s.  Don’t be in a hurry to get here. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Mornin' all

not WillyBob anymore....

whata pita

forgot my password and had to create a new account because yahoo rejected email from here to recover it. Had to open a gmail account, too.  I have a love/hate with computers. So, we have one less WillyBob and a new me.. lol  I could rant about the bs, but wanted a different screen name anyway

I spose Carl or @dtel will have to approve this ramble. lucky you. Can't git rid of me that easy

surprised y'all aren't "on" about that scotch auction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2