Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

not WillyBob anymore....

whata pita

forgot my password and had to create a new account because yahoo rejected email from here to recover it. Had to open a gmail account, too.  I have a love/hate with computers. So, we have one less WillyBob and a new me.. lol  I could rant about the bs, but wanted a different screen name anyway

I spose Carl or @dtel will have to approve this ramble. lucky you. Can't git rid of me that easy

surprised y'all aren't "on" about that scotch auction.

Hey there WillyBob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

thanks

sorry, forgot about you being a mod.  That's a thankless job... I know. Especially with my computer "skills'. I just directed traffic.  I don't know ... but this person does.

weather is .... groping for words... yuk

cold, foggy. Just above freezing. Cats aren't enjoying it at all.

Cracked a bag of Guatemalan beans. Entertaining the neighbors with some JeffBeck. Thinking I want to clean the chimney before Christmas. Been about a month.

@BigStewMan

too late for me to be in my 50's. I trip 65 next month. Getting old ain't for wimps. Like I told the Dr [for my med card] when she asked how I was doing ... I'm getting old and things are wearing out.

Edited by grasshopper
  • Like 4

ALWAYS something @ our age grasshopper!  Off to Cbus shortly for hopefully my last eye laser job.  I remember just shaking my head when I heard people talking about this "old age" crap.  First the eyes then the mind?  Ugh!

Kinda like that new nick!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

not WillyBob anymore....

whata pita

forgot my password and had to create a new account because yahoo rejected email from here to recover it. Had to open a gmail account, too.  I have a love/hate with computers. So, we have one less WillyBob and a new me.. lol  I could rant about the bs, but wanted a different screen name anyway

I spose Carl or @dtel will have to approve this ramble. lucky you. Can't git rid of me that easy

I believe @Chad can fix it for you if he sees this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wife was [note past  tense] considering hanging some Christmas decorations.  Kinda changed her mind when the  kittens are pulling the drain stopper out the sink. Everything will turn into cat toy.

they found the kid's mini candy canes. You'd thought they had some kind of treasure. The cellophane .

Think I'm gonna hang the Christmas "tree" from the ceiling to keep them from knocking it over climbing it.

Edited by grasshopper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

waiting for the fog to clear.  yeah yeah  The fog between the ears is a permanent fixture. We strive toward that

we're talking weather now, guys

had to scrape frost off the windshield, too

My favorite ... wet and cold

We're trying to figure out where our Christmas tree is going to go. Hanging from the ceiling over a LS is a possibility. This room is stupid.  25 X 12. Doorways in the middle of both short walls and one in the middle of the long wall, opposite the fireplace.. We have a 2 rooms 25 X 8, also.  Told the wife that this place would make a good art gallery.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2019 at 6:14 PM, BigStewMan said:

Had the doctor check out my painful neck.  So, i got the results today ... numerous herniated discs, arthritis, moderate spondylosis, bone spurs, something called anterior wedging of several cervical vertebra, something is straightening that is supposed to be curved, bone degeneration and evidence of old trauma. 

In layman’s terms ... my neck hurts a lot and all the time. Wake up a million times a night and in pain -- impossible to get comfortable anymore. Asked the doc to look into this because the neck pain is now neck pain AND a headache. 

Told her surgery is out of the questions and not interested in pain killers at this time either. My reasoning is that this isn’t going to get any better and i don’t want to rely on pain killers too soon. She did ask me if I’d try Acupuncture and I said yes. The good acupuncturist isn’t available until February, she offered to send me to another, but i decided to wait until this one has an opening. 

And that folks is what it’s like to be in your late 50s.  Don’t be in a hurry to get here. 

This might be a more esoteric suggestion, but cranial sacral therapy might be beneficial. 

Edited by -Russian-Spy-
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 8:14 PM, BigStewMan said:

Had the doctor check out my painful neck.  So, i got the results today ... numerous herniated discs, arthritis, moderate spondylosis, bone spurs, something called anterior wedging of several cervical vertebra, something is straightening that is supposed to be curved, bone degeneration and evidence of old trauma. 

In layman’s terms ... my neck hurts a lot and all the time. Wake up a million times a night and in pain -- impossible to get comfortable anymore. Asked the doc to look into this because the neck pain is now neck pain AND a headache. 

Told her surgery is out of the questions and not interested in pain killers at this time either. My reasoning is that this isn’t going to get any better and i don’t want to rely on pain killers too soon. She did ask me if I’d try Acupuncture and I said yes. The good acupuncturist isn’t available until February, she offered to send me to another, but i decided to wait until this one has an opening. 

And that folks is what it’s like to be in your late 50s.  Don’t be in a hurry to get here. 

Sorry to hear this Steve. I agree on the "don't be in a hurry to get old" saying....I tell my 19 year old daughter that all the time. My brother had good results from an acupuncturists a couple years ago with a painful neck and shoulder, hopefully you can get some relief.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:53 AM, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

not WillyBob anymore....

whata pita

Welcome grasshopper! For some reason I thought that name was already taken on here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 degrees and first cup is poured.  LF leaving to play tennis soon.  Jake sniffing the floor for any misplaced cookie crumbs.

I think I'll wait to later to stick my neck outside.  Too chilly for these old bones.

Oyster roast Saturday afternoon........yippee!

• Like 3

it's clear and cool... 34`

Bellying up to the fireplace. House might be 60`

Put some new tires on the car yesterday.

Thinking about making a Saint Nicholas [not Santa] costume, so I can go to wife's school w/o scaring the kids.

got a request to cook some chicken enchiladas from a friend. Guess I'm not the only one who likes my cooking... I consider it a good meal if nobody gets sick.

thought this Guatemalan coffee tasted different ... it's not Guatemalan. The bag sez Sumatra. Might explain that.

Still need to do some shopping. Some?  Haven't even started. Most of my presents come from the grocery. Food items considered too extravagant for normal meals.

Looking for a big meat for Christmas dinner. A standing rib roast would be nice.

How many posts do I have to make before my "privileges" are restored to previous levels? I remember @BigStewMan commenting about that a while back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

it's clear and cool... 34`

Bellying up to the fireplace. House might be 60`

Put some new tires on the car yesterday.

Thinking about making a Saint Nicholas [not Santa] costume, so I can go to wife's school w/o scaring the kids.

got a request to cook some chicken enchiladas from a friend. Guess I'm not the only one who likes my cooking... I consider it a good meal if nobody gets sick.

thought this Guatemalan coffee tasted different ... it's not Guatemalan. The bag sez Sumatra. Might explain that.

Still need to do some shopping. Some?  Haven't even started. Most of my presents come from the grocery. Food items considered too extravagant for normal meals.

Looking for a big meat for Christmas dinner. A standing rib roast would be nice.

How many posts do I have to make before my "privileges" are restored to previous levels? I remember @BigStewMan commenting about that a while back.

Carl may be able to slip you in the side door.  He's such a nice young man! 

Cooked a standing rib roast for Thanksgiving.  Left overs sliced thin on sourdough made some tasty sandwiches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Oyster roast Saturday afternoon........yippee!

You're killing me!  One of the biggest things I miss about the low country in S.C. was going out and getting them ourselves for a big roast that would be held that evening.   Good times for sure.

• Like 2

that does sound fun

waiting for it to warm up before I go shopping.

The heater in the Olds works ... sorta. Goes with the inoperative A/C. ... I may just go tomorrow and use the new car. The Olds is good for garbage scow, hauling firewood, dirt road car. It does have a proven record with water crossings. 

These roasts ... are they like the bbq we had in HI?

build a fire and see what falls in?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We had 30 this morning 4 hours west of you @Tarheel (that trip down 74 stinks) and it stayed nippy all day with the wind. Yesterday it was about 73 here and we were looking for twisters to show up!  So you do tobasco or smoked Gouda and toasted stuff with those oysters? Or just bacon! & beer!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

you have a better memory than I do ... or perhaps i just talk too much and can’t remember half of what i’ve said. I was probably either right or made a profound statement though.

• Haha 2