Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

To the CC&C gents..........have a Merry Christmas!  Hope Santa brings you some audio gear, whisky, beer, or maybe a pole dancer.

Or all of the above, Merry Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Smoking some pork butts, there 3/4  done maby. 

One of the Granddaughters is in her first year of college for engineering and wanted pulled pork as one of her presents. After it's cooked I will pull it and put it in freezer bags to freeze for her to take. She does have good taste, she grew up here and still her favorite music is whatever I like because it's all she remembers growing up, reggae is her first choice. :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

her favorite music is whatever I like

When my youngest got married, at the reception it was time for all those dances. When it was the father/daughter dance, she had selected Queen's "You're My Best Friend."  Yeah, my kids heard a lot of Queen music when they were growing up, although driving her to high school one day she said, "I never know what is going to play next in your truck. Hard Rock one song, Nat King Cole the next."

• Like 4

Merry Christmas Eve

Wife is in Tucson. Went up yesterday. Gave her my card to Christmas shop. She won't go crazy with it ... I hope. Last time, I gave her $3000 to make a down on a car. She only took/used $1000.

It's warm for AM. Some rumbles of thunder. Significant [this term is relative. We consider "any" significant] rainfall?  In the 0.10 - 0.25in range.

Might plan for a late dinner tomorrow. Boy has to work. That is the one big drawback to working the service sector/recreation. Holidays tend to be busy. And the ranch is booked solid. Can't turn "dudes" into the pasture and let them take care of themselves.  Wet weather generally doesn't factor into their planned activities.

Seems like the tourists are oblivious to our bad weather.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

no idea what they even are.  

It's why I didn't put the name. :lol:

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

chayote

That's what there called in some places yes

4 minutes ago, polizzio said:

We call em merliton squash down dis way. 

YES that's what we call them here and most of Louisiana, well the southern part anyway, mirliton.  

There are many ways to cook them, one is like were doing for tomorrow.  

The other I like just as much is when raw peel them and slice 1/4" or thinner, dip in eggs and good italian bread crumbs and pan fry. The same way you do eggplant, just as good as eggplant but without that slight acid tingle of eggplant.

• Like 4