Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, dtel said:

The other I like just as much is when raw peel them and slice 1/4" or thinner, dip in eggs and good italian bread crumbs and pan fry.

they'd better be good, that sounds like an awful lot of work ...peeling, slicing, dipping, frying.  

I'm rather lazy ... at the store, my brother pointed out some microwave meal and told me to get it. I looked at the directions and told him it was too much work.  It said cook five minutes, peel back covering and stir, then cook another three minutes.  What? I just want to put it in the microwave and press start.  the less steps the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to experience "deer in the headlights" first hand on the way home from work last night.  It was a huge doe that wasn't very good at safely crossing the highway. I only had about a milisecond to even see what it was.  Cruise was set on 68 in a 75mph zone.  Thankfully It didn't come through the windshield. 

2019-12-24 13.55.39.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 12/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, USNRET said:

Correct, I had it evaluated and there were a couple of reasons that PDR wouldn't work. The boy had a choice live with the thee chips and scratch, attempt to cover bare metal or go for the repair / paint. I let him make the choice. Hope it works out. I feel bad enough (and out 650) as it is. Painted did my wife's bumper cover and it came out nice. I couldn't see any miss-match but painter wasn't satisfied and re-shot it.

Son's car was due out last Friday and got a call that it was delayed until Monday because the color didn't match. It was ready by noon and when we picked it up the match was perfect. According to the body shop guy the mismatch was due to the hood having been repainted at some point. Nothing on the carfax prior to purchase. Either way, this painter does a great job at honest prices.

@cecaa850 it'll buff out!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

on the way home from work

I thought you work at Dodge store and I know you have an affinity for Porsches.  I’m puzzled by the Chevy.

Glad you’re OK.  The Chevy will buff out.

Carl, have you been in an airbag deploying accident?  When our Chevy Astro van was totaled by a Corolla driver running a red light while on the phone, my wife thought she’d gone to heaven when the air bags blew.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

thought you work at Dodge store and I know you have an affinity for Porsches.  I’m puzzled by the Chevy

He laid off the slushies for a couple of days and realized where the quality is. Can't work for GM and make better commission money than MOPAR

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I thought you work at Dodge store and I know you have an affinity for Porsches.  I’m puzzled by the Chevy.

Glad you’re OK.  The Chevy will buff out.

Carl, have you been in an airbag deploying accident?  When our Chevy Astro van was totaled by a Corolla driver running a red light while on the phone, my wife thought she’d gone to heaven when the air bags blew.

Our sister store is a GM store.  At the time I bought it, I was looking for something with good fuel economy and I didn't want anything Dodge had to offer.  The Cruze got great reviews and has been virtually flawless for almost 8 years.  It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned.  82000 miles with the original brake pads and I've only put tires on it once.  I've only done maintenance to it and had a couple recalls done along the way.

Air bag deployment?  I feel like the air bag test dummy.  Been in 3 total losses with air bag deployment.  Each Time I was thankful that I had them.  None of the accidents were my fault and 2 of the total losses were vehicles with under 3000 miles on them. 

• Like 2

A friend of mine hates government regulations and thinks the market economy will deal with everything.  After his daughter survived a serious head-on collision, I pointed out to him that government regulations, not the marketplace, required her Nissan to have life saving air bags.  It has been proven repeatedly that most people will not pay for safety, it must be regulated upon them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The quality is in the vehicles under the car port and in the Garage.  Both of them German.

I worked in a VW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Subaru store in the 70s.  The Audi 100LS and Fox were Teutonic, but anything but German quality.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just glad you were not hurt, they say more people are hurt or killed when they try to miss the deer and end up off the road. 

And like you said glad it did not end up in the car, I have never been in a car when the airbags go off either, probably feels like you were hit with a deer ?

If you only had this book  

51ZIIIV9p6L.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2