Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Only a couple people left out of about 30, it's over and I had too much to eat. We always cook more than we need, about 40% left, tried to get everyone to take some home.

Except for another pan this is how it started. I know many will not know what some of it is.            I- pad pic's sorry, had to get out the way before the rush

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

It should be close now ..

I let it to 120` .... came out perfect.

wife needed to finish hers in the microwave,  which is OK.  And it was the end cut.... she doesn't like to see pink/red. Told her to turn the lights down and enjoy the juicy tenderness... She dinna go for it.  I'm the opposite,  OK with it not squirming on the plate.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

trick question?

That is food,.

Ha, yes 

Mirliton casserole, artichoke casserole ( like stuffed artichokes), baked mac and cheese, crawfish cornbread dressing, baked sweet potato two different ways, quicke,  green bean casserole, ham & turkey and I'm probably missing something ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I stifle myself regularly. I try to keep it pc, within reason. Hard to have much fun and be pc at the same time.

... anymore

one is liable to get in trouble for whatever you say ... or don't

wife wonders why I tell "stupid stories" on myself ... Easy. I'm the one who might be offended.

I started to answer differently but decided to keep it clean.  :lol:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, dtel said:

Ha, yes 

Mirliton casserole, artichoke casserole ( like stuffed artichokes), baked mac and cheese, crawfish cornbread dressing, baked sweet potato two different ways, quicke,  green bean casserole, ham & turkey and I'm probably missing something ?

Clueless on some of it but I will say this.  When I'm down South I TOTALLY go w/the flow!  Well, most of the time anyway.  Sooo many good things to eat it seems.  You have my address just ship the leftovers my way!  lol  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

one part of the roast wife really, really enjoyed... I fed her some of the bark

We'll be eating this for a while. debated on cutting it in half... but why? I would have cooked it on NewYears. Hope it lasts til then

This is your future 

post_1578464.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Clueless on some of it but I will say this.  When I'm down South I TOTALLY go w/the flow!  Well, most of the time anyway.  Sooo many good things to eat it seems.  You have my address just ship the leftovers my way!  lol  :)

That's smart, yes there is alot of well cooked food but you have to be smart about it because there is some quite strange things cooked and the further south you go it can get really crazy. So it's always smart to ask so you don't try something really crazy. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Looks like a lot of work for a birthday lady.  @dtel's wife

It was alot of work, I did all the cooking of the basic things yesterday and she put it all together and put it in the refrigerator. This morning she took those trays out and started baking which took from about 6:30 to 12 for it all to be done. 

She got the normal Christmas day birthday cake and they all sang happy birthday to her, this year it was a giant King Cake which disappeared, BUT there was a second King cake which was not touched, yet. Some may not know what a King cake is but it is really good, it's a tradition for a month or so before Mardi Gras

She had a good day, she is falling asleep on the sofa as she should be, it's why I was answering.

The second King Cake.......it taste much better than it looks

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dtel said:

The second King Cake.......it taste much better than it looks

image.jpeg

Camellia Bakery is 55 miles from my house, I didn't know they were in Slidell. I'm gonna have to visit one day, pick up a king cake. 

I'm betting you know their products from their bakery in Chalmette many many years ago. 

• Like 3