Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, polizzio said:

This would have been 1972 or 1973,

It was not good around then, we moved not long after hurricane Camille, 1969, I can remember this because the house being built was damaged during construction.

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

I don't hunt anything any more, not for 25 year. Rather take a picture, enjoy just observing the critters and birds now. Age has a way of seasoning your priorities/perception in life. And faith too.

I don't hunt anymore either, just look and sometimes take pic's.

yard (10)-1.JPG

yard-12 (2).JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, polizzio said:

@dtel

Excellent ↑

Is that a red rosebush or camellia? Got to watch those geese, they are really aggressive. I've had em chase me and snap at me if I got too close taking photos.

Camellias, about 75' to the right of that one there a few about 8-10' tall, all red.

We had planned on building a log house back there, there is a circle drive from the side street already, we live on a corner. We started planting it back a long time ago thinking it would be our front yard, trees and  shrubs are now mostly grown.

But we decided to just add on the temporary house we built  first and stay here. Kids coming back home off and on over the years kind of changed our plans and at the same time we got older, stuff happens. We put a 1.5 acre pond in the middle of the property and now that's just the backyard.

I leave the geese alone, they fly over every morning and evening but only seem to stay when they have babies. I guess since I have never bothered them they come within 75' of us even with the babies, it kind of surprised me.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

that describes the boy to a "T"... and he's 30years+ old. And he works,  we still pay his way. Wife may cut the apron strings... He's talking about buying a horse. Might just be the last straw.

C'mon

Get in the spirit.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Third day in a row for top down driving and unlike one forum bud I haven't hit a thing.  60-70 degrees @Christmas time.  Works for me.

I hear ya Chuck....

Yea very nice here..... got too mid 50's today...

Had a dead battery in the F-350, gave it a jump and me and BOSS took a trip to the landfill with a load of leaves. unloaded them, then off to my NAPA store to get a battery for the truck. Stopped by the shop put battery in. (shop closed today by order of the BOSS 😉) After all that excitement off to 5 GUYS for burgers....and that wraps up our Boxing Day.

Just chillin' pumping watts in the Chorus I's this evening..

Hope all is good with everyone...

MKP 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Yea very nice here..... got too mid 50's today.

weather is the same. Our descriptions are vastly different. 55` is not nice here. Long johns and real clothes.... Even put socks on.

Since wife is off work, the doghouse is music central.   ... I'm pumping watts thru these silly little R15Ms. Beat nothin'. Not by a lot, but tunes is tunes. I am going to need to conservatory when she retires. Not attached to the house. I enjoy music more and more often at more volume than her. I let the LaScalas self clean when she's not home. At least knock the dust and daddy long legs out.

Had to raise the row cover on my winter garden.I have a feeling that by the time I don't need the row cover, the garden will be done and ready for replant.

Edited by grasshopper
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I enjoy music more and more often at more volume than her. I let the LaScalas self clean when she's not home. At least knock the dust and daddy long legs out.

Both the wife and I love music at higher db's than most....but my wife will push it..

last year we had  EVi's setup on our deck. the EV's are powered by an old Crown 1010 putting out 200 watts per channel. Well she kept turning that volume knob to the right till the amp started to clip. I heard it in the EV's and the distortion lights flickering on the Crown. I turned the music down and was

like WHAT THE @#%& you doing!!!!! can't you hear that amp clipping it's running out of power. 

She looks at me and says "well you better get me a bigger amp then"

and that is my wife lol lol..

OK off to the shop was not gonna work today but I gotta do something...

Later all..

MKP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, dtel said:

It was not good around then, we moved not long after hurricane Camille, 1969, I can remember this because the house being built was damaged during construction.

I don't hunt anymore either, just look and sometimes take pic's.

yard (10)-1.JPG

yard-12 (2).JPG

Yes age does. Now I let the guy who hunts my piece bribe me to do so with a couple of kills each year and $100 get them each butchered and packed and frozen. Turkeys on my front yard not Geese and no half gallon sized deposits everywhere like those Geese leave.

• Like 2

after gorging on meat for two days, my dinner was beans and bread ... by choice.

wife discovered she likes bread. Hard to not like fresh, warm bread.

She used the bread machine [a Christmas gift]. She was a little amazed. Just put the ingredients in and wait. She claims to be a rice type person.... I must be a bad influence. She eats spaghetti [mine] and enjoys it [she says].  Claims to not like pasta or marinara.

Think she may be exercising " the woman's prerogative"?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dtel said:
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I just take them out with my car.

Thats funny, it reminds me of a Ron White story.

OMG that Ron White is hilarious ....

Those bastards are everywhere around here..couple weeks ago me and The BOSS heading to the shop counted seven of them along the side of the road dead. The shop is 11 miles from the house.

I hit one couple years back in my old 1988 Isuzu Trooper II( AKA The Pooper)..... on the way home from the shop there is a nice long straight way about 3/4 mile. woods and some corn fields.... you can see the deer on any given day. as i'm driving in the Pooper this one day I see maybe 8 or 9 deer, they start running and they were going to cross the road in front of me. I'm slowing down from 50 mph or so... I can see that they will cross in front of me but there is this one that is heading for the Pooper.... I slow down more... 40....30.....20....10....and as I'm slowing down I'm trying to steer away from it.... but we were on a collision course!! I pretty much bring the The Pooper to a stop and as I do so the one deer hits the drivers door. It literally runs into me.... as I come to a stop I got out and looked at the deer laying in the road behind the truck maybe some 20' or so. It's on it's side and flopping a bit... It jumps up making some noise and runs off back across the field in to the woods. I stand there saying WT#$@&. I felt like I was in a episode of Twilight Zone....The deer and The Pooper were on a collision course in time and space at that moment and there was nothing I could have done about it...

I look at the side of The Pooper... drivers door took the brunt (Big old dent)of the animal hitting me, again I was almost at a stop. Some scratches along the rest of the truck as the deer scrapped along past. 

This did piss me of quite a bit.....cuz The Pooper was a really a nice little truck with close to a flawless body, fresh set of mud tires, just finished rebuild on the engine and now it was banged up... 

So yea I've hit a few of em....

Later...

MKP

• Sad 1