Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Good Sunday my peeps, hope all is good. 

today is a rainy and cool, got a fire going and a few watts going to the Chours I's and that's about all the excitement happening here...

Good luck...

Later...

MKP

Same here, except the added layer of fun ... doing laundry!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Fun?? I've learned to ignore those beepin tunes the machines play.

I know they both quit a while ago. I've adopted a "Colombo" mentality with my clothes.

As long as they're clean... I'm good.

But how bad can blue jeans and t-shirts get?

Not bad at all when you're on weekend standard time!

• Like 3

When you're up at five and busy since......

Lunchtime comes more quickly.

It didn't rise right, the corn meal said use by 10-19... I guess they really meant it. It's very good anyhow.

Ripe j a p s and sharp white cheddar with Eastern NC barbecue.

& of course half sweet Luzianne!

IMG-20191230-102345.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
On 12/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, babadono said:

Greetings to all from Peru. 

Hope the MIL does better, and have a good trip.

Haven't been here much either, had a friend and his wife here for a few days and have been a little busy, football and some music, it's been fun.  

Back to somewhat normal now, and some work.

• Like 3

Happily New Year's Eve

I might be awake to ring the new one in .. after a nap. I'm a real  party animal

Boy had guests out on the archery range and suffered an accident. Got poked by an arrow ... self-inflicted. Hang on ... it gets better. The nock end into his leg. Stabbed himself pulling arrows from a target. Tugged on one to dislodge it. It came .. too easy and his leg was in the way...

I asked him if he learned anything. Sympathy is not my strong suit where self-inflicted wound are concerned...

I see more thrill seekers getting into trouble.  Not much sympathy for them, either. I do have a question concerning them ... Who pays for their rescue/s?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Happily New Year's Eve

I might be awake to ring the new one in .. after a nap. I'm a real  party animal

Boy had guests out on the archery range and suffered an accident. Got poked by an arrow ... self-inflicted. Hang on ... it gets better. The nock end into his leg. Stabbed himself pulling arrows from a target. Tugged on one to dislodge it. It came .. too easy and his leg was in the way...

I asked him if he learned anything. Sympathy is not my strong suit where self-inflicted wound are concerned...

I see more thrill seekers getting into trouble.  Not much sympathy for them, either. I do have a question concerning them ... Who pays for their rescue/s?

Same to you WillyBob!  It will be raining cardboard wrapper pieces in twelve hours here!

Ouch, some of those have some nasty hooks on the backs of the head, Hope he did the douse of alcohol and soap and water, punctures can take a while to heal.

As for the thrillseekers who don't have the ability to recognize their limits and the billing?  Glad that when I over extended my abilities on that 600 lb 150 hp bike I got luckyB). Pine needle covered asphalt on a 90 degree turn across from the Rockefeller Mansion in Daytona Hwy 40. That is embedded in my mind forever

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mentioned to the wife that I am a crown scene of the Barbara Streisand/KrisKristopherson remake of A Star is Born... so she recorded it. While I was showing her the scene I was in, noticed a, what looks like an LS on the stage when KK has the motorcycle up there. The LF section, at least. No horns in the HF section.

were there other folded horn speakers?

• Like 2

Will be staying in tonight....works for me.  Bought shrimp and crab cakes for dinner and then an early night with a Jack Reacher novel.  Life in the slow lane!  LF likes to watch the fireworks/celebrations in other countries that get to midnight before us.

So happy New Years eve to the CC&C gents.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

forgot about his affinity for them...  if he knew, they might have to find something else... a bowl of guacamole or something

Not much goin' on in the kitchen...made a batch of RSO today. Friend's wife is finished with radiation and started chemo yesterday. We're going after her cancer multi-pronged. Modern medicine, folk remedies, faith healing and whatever else that might work. Her hair is coming back already... white.

Friday, I have to take my wife to the ophthalmologist.  She has cataracts and the her sight is noticeably deteriorating. Getting to the point that they need to be dealt with. She has AMD, too. We can't do much about that. She takes some supplements that are supposed to slow its onset.

She stares at a computer more than I think good [for her eyes].

got our bottle of fizzy cider... told ya, I'm a real party animal. Any loud music in this household will be from the doghouse. Boy is working late. No idea what activities the ranch has planned for the guests. If it work like when I worked service sector, you off/home in time to see everyone deep into party and midnight is rolling up quick. Bar will have a party. This is the one night they stay open "late". Regular hours, it closes at 10PM. "Wild" west? Not really. Most of the residents are around my age. Party like a grandpa!!!!

Dumb Q

do they make upgrade sound cards for laptops? I have a sick feeling the one on this 'puter is dying slowly. Get an intermittent white noise/distortion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Wife observed NewYear'sEve by cleaning the house. Don't know where she got the idea that was a fun way to bring in the year .... we're party animals

surprised the cops didn't show up.....

We were not that crazy....... The Boss and I chillin' on the couch..... I didn't even realize it was New Year till she woke up gave me a kiss and said "happy new year". She got up and said"good night I'm going to bed" 

We're gonna roll into the shop for couple hours.. Just gotta clean up a bit and get ready for tomorrow.

Later all......Happy New Years Day....

MKP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

surprised the cops didn't show up.....

We were not that crazy....... The Boss and I chillin' on the couch..... I didn't even realize it was New Year till she woke up gave me a kiss and said "happy new year". She got up and said"good night I'm going to bed" 

We're gonna roll into the shop for couple hours.. Just gotta clean up a bit and get ready for tomorrow.

Later all......Happy New Years Day....

MKP

Happy New Year Mark. Hope you plan to stick around!

• Like 2

Had the whole fam damnily over last night.  It was awesome.   Fire pit was going in the back yard.  396's were spewing music out of the garage.  Lots of exotic beers and a little bourbon flowing.  At 11 or so we set off some fireworks.  On the flip side we all have to go back to work tomorrow.  On to 2020.

• Like 7

Sounds like more fun than I had ... even with y'all needing to work today.

Boy did alright for being at work.

Got prime rib dinner. Fireworks. A band,  and beers starting at 6PM.

came home with a buzz and a girl.  Oh... he did get back from work at 10PM. Stopped at the bar and rolled in here at a little after midnight. He needed to be back at work at 8.

• Like 5