Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
3 hours ago, polizzio said:

make this terrible tasting "tea" extract from em

You're supposed to mix the tea with kool aid.

They were just handed to me....eat em raw🤢

Only did shrooms once.... in the Army... My bud flew back to Oregon and said he'll bring some back. well he did... He handed them to me under the bathroom stall and said "here these are yours" Half a baggie of those tasty treats...

We then went to see The Incubus at the on base movie house..... Oh my I was no good..

MKP

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I still love mushrooms,                                                                                     the normal ones.

I still like mushrooms, too. About once every 5 years for the "abnormal" ones. Sometimes I need a "jump start"... referencing @dirtmudd's post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Or breaded and fried, large caps stuffed with good sausage and baked with butter, almost anyway really. 

Don't forget the creamy horseradish too!! Love that on roast beef and fried mushrooms!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Don't forget the creamy horseradish too!! Love that on roast beef and fried mushrooms!

Would try it for just an ephiphany.

Almost allergic to horseradish as it almost leaves me be breathless, liken to vodka. Game nevertheless for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:
4 hours ago, dtel said:

Or breaded and fried, large caps stuffed with good sausage and baked with butter, almost anyway really. 

Have to say I never tried it with horseradish, but I love horseradish so I will try it. All I need is mushrooms now, need to get some, Ah....a "gigantic hamburger" sounds great also.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Elden, you and the wife know how to dine high on da hog :) Not good for one's cholesterol/triglyceride levels tho. 

I like horseradish too, never tried it on fried shrooms. Mostly with raw oysters, boiled shrimp and prime rib. Horseradish will "open the sinuses".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, polizzio said:

Elden, you and the wife know how to dine high on da hog :) Not good for one's cholesterol/triglyceride levels tho. 

I like horseradish too, never tried it on fried shrooms. Mostly with raw oysters, boiled shrimp and prime rib. Horseradish will "open the sinuses".

Not really mostly simple things, I love to cook.

I don't eat to live, I live to eat.

Cholesterol/triglyceride, have no idea what mine is, had it checked 25 years ago, probably time? :o Could stand to lose some weight, working on it somewhat, 6'3", 260-265 depending. But I only have about 6 months and I will be the oldest male in our family, ever, it's like a goal we'll see.  :lol:

Over the last 62.5 years doing healthy things was not on the list, probably should be dead already ?

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Ceptorman said:

Depending on what part of the day it is 😀

Exactly, I weigh myself kind of often and try it in the morning and then at night, it's a shocking difference. I like the morning number more, stopped doing it in the evening. 

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

Exactly, I weigh myself kind of often and try it in the morning and then at night, it's a shocking difference. I like the morning number more, stopped doing it in the evening. 

On 12/25/2019 at 10:45 PM, dtel said:

It was alot of work, I did all the cooking of the basic things yesterday and she put it all together and put it in the refrigerator. This morning she took those trays out and started baking which took from about 6:30 to 12 for it all to be done. 

She got the normal Christmas day birthday cake and they all sang happy birthday to her, this year it was a giant King Cake which disappeared, BUT there was a second King cake which was not touched, yet. Some may not know what a King cake is but it is really good, it's a tradition for a month or so before Mardi Gras

She had a good day, she is falling asleep on the sofa as she should be, it's why I was answering.

The second King Cake.......it taste much better than it looks

image.jpeg

just hold on to the cake . for morning weigh in.... 

at night it will all even out !

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I don't eat to live, I live to eat.

Cholesterol/triglyceride, have no idea what mine is, had it checked 25 years ago, probably time? :o Could stand to lose some weight, working on it somewhat, 6'3", 260-265 depending. But I only have about 6 months and I will be the oldest male in our family, ever, it's like a goal we'll see.  :lol:

Over the last 62.5 years doing healthy things was not on the list, probably should be dead already ?

I'm right there with you, brother. I think its a growing up in New Orleans thing myself. Great food, great music, and great folks (better 40 years ago imo). Too much gun play today in N.O. I'm a year younger than you and I need to lose 50 lbs big time. Retired and spend too my time on my azz. Need to commit and join the local gym/club and make a change. 63 and you will be the oldest male every in ur family? My father passed away of a heart attack @ age 50, so only by the grace of God I have surpassed that! 

I hope you and the wife see 90 :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Great food, great music, and great folks (better 40 years ago imo).

That's true, we seen so many concerts in the Warehouse and on the Riverboat President I can't remember them all. And you couldn't beat the price always around 10$.

The monthly parties at the VFW in Arabi, right outside of NO was always a fun time, 20$ a couple and all the draft beer you could drink, they hand you a picther as you walk in and the regular band was Harvey Jesus, just a party band.

Don't need to say anything about the food, you know.

My father passed away of a heart attack @ age 50

Mine was 62 when he passed, he had a heart transplant around 57-58 and lived for a few more years. 

I hope you and the wife see 90 :)

I hope so but doubt it, you never know, I do need to make some changes. Hope you go way longer than your dad, and you probably will.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It will even out one way or another, the cake is long gone. The kids brought them as Christy's birthday cake, it's a good thing they only sell them around mardi gras.

In 2020, Mardi Gras Day is February 25. Fat Tuesday 

4 hours ago, polizzio said:

Need to commit and join the local gym/club and make a change.

You'll feel so much better getting into a regular work out routine... 

4 hours ago, polizzio said:

I need to lose 50 lbs big time.

Man if I lost 50 lbs I'd blow away🤣🤣

The BOSS lost a bunch of weight couple years back, all she did was stop drinking soda, she comes with me when I work out. But all she does is sit there and watch, she says "I'm not doing any of that and getting sweaty" 

MKP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Harvey Jesus

Wow he's getting old, as I am.

He sure calmed down, but we were all younger back then, probably 35+ years ago. 

Another place we like is Rock n Bowl, on Carrollton ave, cool place. It's a huge metal building, along the back wall is all bowling lanes, the front is a big stage and bars. It's all open so if your bowling your also listening to the band. It's a cheap place to hear live music and always fun, the crowd kind of changes depending on the band. We have brought our kids and grandkids there, kids allowed, they loved it. 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0geKIxe_Q9eL2YAcGNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycGtnbjI4BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjkwNTBfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=rock+n+bowl+new+orleans&fr=uh3_news_vert_gs

r & b.jpg

• Like 4