Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

mornin' all

got 3 wheels under me ... kinda like those old Puegots. Will run on 3, sorta

feeling about good enough to get hurt doing things, again. 

wife is off to church. Me? I'm holding my own services here. I get to exercise the LS.

SIL brought something by that might actually be useful. She had no idea what they were.  Tools to tune wife's Packard ... if I ever get to repairing it. Wife recognized them as useful. That surprised me big time. A set of tuning forks. Oh ... the Packard is a piano...

• Like 3

hate to say this

My bottle of WoodfordReserve is about gone. Not that I hit it hard or often. Lasted 3 years, almost to the day. Got it as a Christmas gift     Good sippin' whiskey

CL Phoenix has a pair of KLF20 for $550. Crites ti tweeter diaphrams . Wonder if they will fit in the little car? Price seems a little high. Thoughts?

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/camp-verde-klipsch-klf-20-speakers/7046240520.html

My birthday is rolling up.I don't think my wife would get me speakers. I didn't get lucky and marry a gal like  @dtel's wife.

Honey ... at least I didn't spend the money in a gentlemen's club.

I think I need to reinstall the driver/s on my sound/audio card. If I knew what any of that means. I do not speak computer. Good thing I know somebody. It seems as it is a 10min job... if you know these things.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, grasshopper said:

isn't it amazing how good the simple things are?  That sounds like my basic recipe for fresh fish. Roll 'em in corn meal, S and P and fry.

Salt & Pepper Catfish is the flour and corn meal mixed & S&P kinda heavy.

"Invented" at the restaurant tucked under I-85 by the Catawba that Fleetwood Mac fell out at after partying so hard here that they had to cancel their re-scheduled show after "Rumors" . By the time they finally came back a year and a half later some friends of mine were so ticked they kept the tickets and didn't bother to go. Jr High was insane then...and Very High. 

• Like 2

Riverboat Inn is what it was called I believe, "They" fought with other fish camps or fish frys whatever you happened to call them over decades saying they came up with it. Supposedly in the early 1900s. Long gone now but was a big deal in the 1970s when FMac went there. Stevie? I think ended up at a hosp with her eyes messed up by the contacts. News was only noon, six and eleven back then and people at a hotel talked about their partying and the mess and yada, yada, yada!

*Fried fish is taken just as seriously as the pulled pork barbeque around here kinda like basketball is.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

Tried sardines once, back at that age where I was forced to try crap at least once:emotion-41: they were salty!

The crunch with that batter mix is thin and excellent, and with a dill pickle cole slaw, deviled crabs and all that.... memories!

• Like 1

I never could get past the smell of sardines or ANY fish. I leave the house when mama bear does her thing.
Strange, I know, but the only "fish" I will eat is fried, breaded shrimp.

Off to South Cak-o-lacky for a week tomorrow; a work thang.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Don't know what to say about that @JohnJ

that's why I get up between 3 and 4AM... Withdrawal never figures in... I'm ahead of that. 

Normality returns to the house. Wife is back to work after the holiday break. She was not ready to get up at 6AM. Been sleeping until 8 or 9.  Asked if she was gonna get mad for me stirring her "early"... She didn't get angry... but she didn't get up either. She did not seem too happy when I rousted her at 6:30, to be ready to go at 7.

You've been hearing me wondering about the drivers in my audio card in this laptop.... Plugged into the tv as a source... dtv has "music choice" as their music channels...

Way mo' bettah.

Now, is spotify that much junk or is it the computer?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, USNRET said:

I never could get past the smell of sardines or ANY fish

I'm not that way, generally.

Wife fixed some fish that were the exception. We were at an Asian grocery and she found some dried anchovies. She deep fried them. Crispy...

told her that it would be OK for her to do them again, as long as she prepared them in someone else's house.... or at least, not in ours.

The house stank for a week.

They were OK eating. Like fish chips... but the smell of cooking them ....please to do that elsewhere!!!!!

• Haha 4

On 1/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, grasshopper said:

Honestly, I think you need to go a little heavy on S&P when you are doing catfish. When I mix for 'gill or ... about anything else, I go light... Sardines will take seasonings. You just gut and gill them...

When I go to Philadelphia (China Town) there's a Indonesian restaurant that has a whole deep fried cat fish... 
it's off the chart delicious.

Two types of hot sauce...They call it chili'.....

The hot one is served in a stone bowl, spoon it out and put it on what ever you. It's served with the cat fish, I like to mix it with my rice..... It's quite quite hot. 

The other hot chili' is severed in a little plastic container....a few spoon fulls. 

This is the one that takes no prisoners.....Even my Indonesian bud can't hang with it...but his wife eats it down with no problems..

A few years back we were going to Philly 4/5 times a month so I became accustom to these chilis' and really got a liking for them.... but the problem for me is the next day.... It usually starts in the wee hours of the morning..... The term I use is liquid fire🔥 

The Boss asks me why do I do this to myself......it's just sooo good

Actually we're going to China Town for the Chinese New Year.... We haven't been in a year so I'll have to take it easy on the chili'

MKP 

• Haha 5

• Moderators
On 1/5/2020 at 6:24 PM, grasshopper said:

My birthday is rolling up.I don't think my wife would get me speakers. I didn't get lucky and marry a gal like  @dtel's wife.

She was not always like that, at one time she would want to know why I wanted new speakers when the ones I had still worked. I would read her funny post from here and eventually she learned some of the characters names here, after a couple of years she started reading and signed up on here on her own, it was quite the shock to see her posting here the first time. The more she read the more she got it eventually picked the speaker she wanted. 

On 1/5/2020 at 6:24 PM, grasshopper said:

Can't really say that, did spend some money there a few times, but she was with me. :huh: We were out in the quarter and just decided to go in one. :lol: It was a really nice one, the only strip club traded on the NY Stock Exchange, Rick's  Cabaret. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Raw tuna or salmon doesn't smell and tastes sublime.  Bring on the sashimi!

I thought the only difference was the rice mostly ?

I like almost all of it, did not like the eel or octopus, but love the rest, including Ceviche

• Like 4