Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

mornin' all

figured out the problem in my system.... This hissing and sputtering problem is gonna require a trip to the repair shop. I have a problem in the HK630.  There's a shop in Tucson

I'm not without... but nowhere as nice sounding... RCA receiver

Now I need to get well enough to get it up there. Overdid it yesterday and kicked my own butt.  Told ya I was feeling well enough to hurt myself ... and that, I did. Relapse.

Have things that NEED to get done, too. Time sensitive crap... Like, renew my drivers license. Haven't done that in 20 years. And AZ is trying to comply with the federal ID standards.  Gathering documents ....almost as bad as getting a passport. No idea where my social security card got off to.

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've totaled my car and just found out that I have a water leak under my slab.  Anyone care to play topper?

Hope it turns out to be a simple fix and no other damage was done, how did you find this out ?

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Time sensitive crap... Like, renew my drivers license. Haven't done that in 20 years. And AZ is trying to comply with the federal ID standards.  Gathering documents ....almost as bad as getting a passport. No idea where my social security card got off to.

In some places it can be much worse than getting a passport, I got a passport but I no longer have a driver's license, gave up trying after about 10+ tries going into the office. Been about 20 years without one, tired of trying, I had a stack of paperwork last time and they wanted to know where was my licensed driver that was supposed to be with me, I gave up. On the second to last trip they asked if I was married, I said yes they said well you need your marriage certificate, why does that matter ? On the third of fourth trip they were closed , it was deer season, good enough reason here I guess. :o

In the last 20 years I did have to drive a few times, I did get stopped once, all I got was an expired driver's license ticket, much easier to deal with. The policeman asked for my license which I do not carry but told him my SS number and old license number and he put it in his computer then gave me the ticket. I told him how hard it was to get a license here and he laughed and said he knew it was bad but the police get a little better treatment, I told him I gave up and he kind of understood. 2 people in the office and it's very slow and if one is out no road test, or if there is rain within 100 miles it seems, wet roads they say.

The wife like to drive so I let her since I can look around or sleep as a passenger.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, babadono said:

Did the spirits go from USNRET´s home to yours? I hope not.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone, just glad it did not follow him to work since he works on airplanes. :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

Hope it turns out to be a simple fix and no other damage was done, how did you find this out ?

No simple fix on a slab leak.  I had 2, one I've fixed, the other one I called my ins co on.  We could actually hear a hiss in my daughters bathroom and my meter was constantly moving..  My stethoscope narrowed it down to the commode supply.  There's a 3/4 main that comes up in the wall and three 1/2 inch drops that go back into the slab.  I figured out which one went to the commode, cut it and went through the wall with pex.  That slowed the meter but I've since found out that the 3/4 main supply is leaking below the slab as well.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I got a passport but I no longer have a driver's license, gave up trying after about 10+ tries going into the office. Been about 20 years without one, tired of trying, I

Wife asked what I would do if one of us needed to go to the hospital ...

"Do you think lack of a DL wipes my memory of how to drive?"

I haven't shown mine to an officer but once in the past 20 years. That was for a cracked windshield. I could have circumvented the fix-it ticket by bashing it out. Don't NEED a windshield here ...  Like a motorcycle doesn't need one. Just eye protection.  I wear that all the time. Polycarbonate lenses in my glasses. I wear them [almost] every waking moment. Blind in one eye and can't see out the other.   LOL

finding a bunch of old things... A Shasta soda can that needed a church key A couple vintage fishing reels... no SS card, yet  Pretty sure my passport is expired. If it was valid, that would be good enough.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Wife asked what I would do if one of us needed to go to the hospital ...

"Do you think lack of a DL wipes my memory of how to drive?"

True, a chance of a expired DL ticket would be the least of my problem at that point.

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ahhh Shasta Orange or their root beer, loved them when I was a kid!

Another company that had good flavors was Nehi, haven't seen them in many years, rarely drink a soft drink anyway. 

• Like 2

Moon Pies and RC Cola too. The still sell the pies, just don't eat that kind of stuff now. If I'm gonna eat fat-food it's gonna be real... like pastries from the french deli or pound cake & pecan pie!!!

* Didn't Nehi make the Orange Crush?

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1