Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

In the 50s here, not warm but flannel shirt weather for me. Saw some nice yellow squash at the store knew we had a box of dumpling in the freezer and viola! Food for days!

Gotta wait for ten more minutes after putting the chicken back in now.

IMG-20200109-162737.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/8/2020 at 8:04 AM, rplace said:

It is the idea of the lifestyle on the beach that I believe Corona is good at selling. The beer sucks, but if I can dream of skipping my cell phone like a rock on the water, that is powerful stuff.

To me, a Corona is no different than Miller High Life... other than the price.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, babadono said:

Got back from Peru last night. Good times, the beach, the food, the drinks and family. Bad times dealing with MIL on her death bed barring any miracles.

Did your wife come back with you or is she still there? I ask because my wife made a second trip to the Philippines last May after we had been there at Christmas. We usually try to keep trips to every two years.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

I prefer a Petit Corona; like the Sancho Panza Non Plus, with my Cubita, &/or coffee with chicory.

Montecristo N* 4 with my cables,

and,

Bolivar Petit Coronas (Cabinet) with my Cuban Rum Cocktails...

Ah, nice aroma in your closet and your Bolivar drawer cabinet... would be a good one about now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Did your wife come back with you or is she still there? I ask because my wife made a second trip to the Philippines last May after we had been there at Christmas. We usually try to keep trips to every two years.

She did came back with me. We made these Holiday plans long before Mom took this turn for the worse. She's going back solo next Monday, very worried that the 11 days is too long to not be there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, babadono said:

She's going back solo next Monday, very worried that the 11 days is too long to not be there.

We will be praying for all of you. This is tough enough in the same town, much less part way around the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, babadono said:

She did came back with me. We made these Holiday plans long before Mom took this turn for the worse. She's going back solo next Monday, very worried that the 11 days is too long to not be there.

So sad.  

Safe travels to her.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

So sad.  

Safe travels to her.

Thanks.

Yes it's true...tick tock....tick tock...... Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

As Jimmy Morrison and the Doors said and I'm not sure they were the first "No one here is getting out alive"

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

Your right we all get a chance, everybody knows it but it still does not make it any easier for people close to us.

Hope she has a safe trip, as much as they will be missed which makes it hard their life and how they were should be celebrated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just checkin' in

Still alive... and not in the hospital.................yet. Gave in and went to the Dr.  Says I'll last long enough to finish a 10 day script of antibiotics.  Lost some weight during this last bout. Knew I was down. Not that far though.Wife is trying to feed me up and feeling a little guilty for not noticing I was wasting away.

Made the trip to the MVD for my drivers license.  Of course, I dinna have the proper docs to get the travel ID. While we were in there, a guy came in wearing a kilt. No, I didn't wear my sarong. Could have

Coffee? Not for a couple days. Wonder why I have a headache?... lol

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

humor is always appreciated. laughter is good medicine... very good

What's the diagnosis? Sorry if i missed it. Antibiotics means it ain't the flu. I hope you get to feeling better soon. 10 pounds off of 125? Yea that's a lot. Be like me losing 11 or 12:)

Last trip to Doc he said "let's not have you loose any more weight". i said Doc it ain't like I'm trying.

• Like 4