Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Pete......warm here for January.  May make it to 70 today.  Fixed LF a Feta and black olive omelette and she is on her way to tennis.  Watching some Motor Trend TV and finishing second cup.  Jake resting!

Powerball up to $277 million.  Have one ticket and may buy another.  You could cobble together a decent system for that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The desert does have some pretty good temp swings. Been 30s to 60s and wet, wet, wet, again here. Still occasionally have an eighty foot oak that wasn't tended to in the heatwave/drought two decades ago that just fall down. Found a variant of my new southwest "Rain Song" recently. Hope you're getting better!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

a fresh pot of coffee this AM.

Chuck,

You can put a pretty nice system together w/o hitting the grand prize. $50grand will buy some pretty good stuff. And not take a half hour to turn everything on/off.

Crispy out this AM. 25` is kinda fresh.

Top of the morning to ya, grasshopper! Had my coffee @ 0400.

Claude pointed out something pretty valuable to me a few days ago in a post. $500,000 a pair Wilson Audio speakers are bass reflex cabs. I was really surprised.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

This is what ~ $500,000 will buy you: https://www.paragonsns.com/product/wilson-audio-chronosonic-xvx/

I bet Chris would appreciate this: "Like the WAMM, the goal for XVX’s time-domain accuracy was to approach the theoretical ideal, with adjustment increments in the two-millionths-of-a-second range with greater ease and simplicity."

• Haha 4

Feeling almost good enough to run my amp to Tucson.  Bet they have some good bday presents for me there. 65 years old tomorrow..damn... never thought I'd last this long.

Temp swing... oh yeah. Sposed to make 65`. Frost is starting to melt. Went out to uncover my garden...brrr Prolly 50 in the sun.

I feel OK... just no gas. I'm good for a couple hours and need to rest.... sleep/nap.

I was up a 0130... hungry. Had some toast with honey and butter.

Getting time to eat breakfast. 3 or 4 eggs, toast or tortillas and some juice sounds good. Can't let wife do that for me. She tends to overcook eggs and a lot of other things. She will kill good shrimp. Cook 'em to rubber... same as eggs. Then wonder why she doesn't like them. She does great curries/Asian style... anything else, I tell her AuntRuby taught you wrong. A lot of it comes from trying to multi-task while preparing very fast cooking items.

I do most of the cooking around here.

How y'all doing with that storm? Came thru here w/o much more than a dip in temp. It rained east of us. Not far east... a mile or two east was wet/damp when we went out yesterday. We got zero precip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

How y'all doing with that storm? Came thru here w/o much more than a dip in temp. It rained east of us. Not far east... a mile or two east was wet/damp when we went out yesterday. We got zero precip.

A day early but ......... happy birthday to you Sir grasshopper! 65 looks pretty awesome if you are 80 :)  Make the most of it as nothing in life is assured.

Storm is here right now, passin through as I type. 1.3" in 40 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1