Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

} And speaking of brewing equipment and the second topic listed of the thread, who uses the pour over method -

(that’s Pour Over, Carl, not comb over) 👨‍🦲

That's the best way but it's not as fast as my Bunn so I don't do it all the time. When I splurge on some very good beans I'll use it till the good stuff is gone.

https://www.evasolo.com/en/on-the-table/coffee-and-tea/coffee-maker/cafesolo/567667/

amazon is sold out right now and the price I saw on an itty-bitty one was obscene! Technically it's an immersion method.

Wake up!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

} And speaking of brewing equipment and the second topic listed of the thread, who uses the pour over method -

Yes but not the fancy looking model like in that link but the old design, it was my Grandfathers. I like it so much I have a spare if something happens to this one.

borrowed pic

drip o lator.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Don't you have to have something to actually comb over?

• Haha 3

this sauce came out GOOOOOOD!

The basil was fresh [for dried].

took a sample of the sauce to make sure the spicing was right and now I want to spill some over a slice or two of bread for lunch.

Still thinking I am needing to reload my sound card drivers. Same symptoms from two different amps using the same source .. this laptop... Guess I'll put the H/K back in/on.... I hate intermittent problems.

• Like 2

Mornin'/Afternoon folks!

how's everyone today? Games play out the way y'all thought? I turned the Chiefs' game off and saw the final score. Wish I had watched it... oh well

With my tinnitus, I hear tree crickets all the time.

I'm guessing the kid didn't want to go to school at all today. Her dad told her Nana had to work and he had to work...

"Well, can I stay with Grandpa?"

been up for awhile ...outa bed at 3AM

Had breakfast @ 4

Cleaning the house a little. Vac and pick things up.

Put the H/K back in. Pretty sure it is not the problem. I'm still gonna go up to shop to see what they have laying around. Bet there's something I can use or need/want.

Pigged out on spaghetti and fresh home-made bread so bad that I had to wait a half hour to dive into the pie wife made.

about time to eat and then nap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

been up for awhile ...outa bed at 3AM

Had breakfast @ 4

Was sounding good except for this, yes I get up at 3-4 at times, to go to the bathroom and back to bed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, JohnJ said:

Bunns are nice coffee makers, be aware that they run all the time keeping the water in the tank hot..

I turn ours on when I wake up in the morning then hit the shower.  It's good to go when we're ready to make coffee.  We shut it down after that so it doesn't needlessly keep the water hot as we only use it once a day.  If we made coffee throughout the day it would be a different story but my wife and I both work.  From room temp to to coffee ready temp takes the machine 7 to 8 minutes.

• Like 2

Once a day is enough to keep it on.  The only danger is not using for several days and it evaporates too much.  I turn mine off when I will be gone for 48 hours or more.  Sometimes I'll use it once a day, sometimes several times.  I have the iced tea accessory for the summer, and in the winter will use it later in the day for herbal tea.  It doesn't make any discernible dent in the electric bill to keep it on, and the convenience of instant hot water for beverages is worth it.  I don't get the freak out about it being on to keep the water hot.  Tube amps create more heat....

• Like 3