Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I first blew this knee out playing soccer in 1986.

I have been gimping around without an ACL in that knee since then. Finally got to be too much.

I've had 3 surgeries on my right knee and getting arthritis in my right hip.  Last knee surgery was when I was 52.  That was the last time I was able to run and the last time I played soccer.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've had 3 surgeries on my right knee and getting arthritis in my right hip.  Last knee surgery was when I was 52.  That was the last time I was able to run and the last time I played soccer.

yeah, I had four surgeries prior to the replacement. Two on each knee. The right knee will need to be replaced too but not for a few more years, I hope.

I never let it slow me down much, but did not play soccer after the first major blow out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dtel said:

Campground or comune, or a cross between the two ?

sign over the entrance to the place

"Home for the Bewildered"

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Looking at getting a burr grinder and possibly replacing my Bunn with a Technivorm.  Looking at a Baratza encore grinder.  Any owners out there with an opinion?

Wife got a Cuisinart burr grinder for me, $60. I'm happy with it so far. I'm prolly not as demanding as others, though

• Like 1

Hey @Pete H they had good reviews at amazon for that * baratza, but I'd already fallen in love with one made by Bodum. Two have lasted me almost twenty years now and both those twelve step places did one thing...... made me addicted to coffee!! That Bodum electric burr is getting towards a bill last time I looked but nothing else I've witnessed (& I used to have some friends in the high tax brackets) would grind as evenly and consistently even sized grounds as what I use! The newer one I have is more quiet than the first so as long as I can get good beans I'm Happy!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pete H said:

Looking at getting a burr grinder and possibly replacing my Bunn with a Technivorm.  Looking at a Baratza encore grinder.  Any owners out there with an opinion?

I've had a Racillo Rocky for over 10 years.  It's been flawless.  I use it for coffee and espresso. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've had a Racillo Rocky for over 10 years.  It's been flawless.  I use it for coffee and espresso. 

Glad you mentioned that, the one I talked about won't quite go fine enough to make expresso.

• Like 1

About nap time for me. 2AM is WAAAAAAY too early to be up. But... No plans for the day. Wife is going to Tucson. Her sister had a lump-ectomy and wife is going to see how she is doing. I have the house overnight.  No wild party, even if it sounds that way.

Have coffee, so, I may be up for a few [more minutes].

Coffee ground in this burr mill tastes different. I guess the spice mill cooked the beans more than I thought. This dark roast Kona is  much less "dark" tasting.

Calling for low/mid 70's next couple days. I'm good with that. I'd be fine with lows in mid 60's and highs in the mid 80's, depending on R/H.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, MookieStl said:

Bad weather heading in later today and then down in to single digits over the weekend.

I'm going to plant my happy *** on my stationary bike and crank tunes all weekend. (still rehabbing my store bought knee)

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.9221af776331d1f0300ae4f56ca548d1.jpg

Great room Mike.  Good luck with rehab.

Thought of you this week in Denver as family and friends admired the airport structures.  I told them I have a friend in St. Louis who is in that business, but that you didn’t make those.

4E1D3E8B-6F7E-4D05-A60F-6EB5C9679683.jpeg

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Thought of you this week in Denver as family and friends admired the airport structures.  I told them I have a friend in St. Louis who is in that business, but that you didn’t make those.

zootop.thumb.jpg.3b2929bd08111a2c0b2b9ecc201c0168.jpgMV.thumb.jpg.9320b425c9b6f48ed47d852beb966376.jpg

Mine are a much more manageable size. The Denver Airport was quite a feat, I know a few people who worked on it. WOW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Rehab going great. Just got back from a 2.5 mile hike. Cold weather held off for a day, into the single digits tomorrow so walk today, bike tomorrow.

Should have done this years ago, but.....

• Like 4