Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

The criteria is based on how it affected MY life. No other episodes count in my little world.

1000%

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Wife didn't get me anything fun ... an electric blanket. I'll use it... but it's not FUN.  I enjoy getting toys, still.

Your right, I love mine, if nothing more than to keep the bed warm when I get in, if cold it stays on the #2 setting. Fun no enjoyed yes, I love a warm bed in a cold room.

I enjoy getting toys, still.

Uh yes, UPS looks like Santa Clause to me, I don't care how long it takes in shipping, just knowing it's on the way is good enough.

• Like 3

Howzit all?

I'm no fun. Decided to try to rid myself of a "Have to do" instead going with a "Wanna do"... Foregoing the trip to the stereo shop. Settle for paying the deductible on the car repairs. Maybe spring for a fishing license... Whoooooopeee  A practical hobby. If I'm successful, we eat good. It's not too tough catching enough bluegill, even from the bank, to make a couple plates.

Back to Sumatran beans. Light roast. I do enjoy a cup of darker roast on occasion.... light roast is my preference. Did Kona medium/dark for a week and was very ready to get back to my regular

• Like 3

Mornin' all

About mid afternoon for me. Got up at 2...AM. By the time wife got up, I've had breakfast. Beans, eggs and fresh bread... which I put in the machine, since I was up.  Downed a pot of coffee.

Haven't experienced that intermittent since I was set to do something about it. I hate intermittents. I did install some drivers in the programming. I think... I'm really, really dimass where computers are concerned.

Did any of you watch the Jeopardy match against Watson? Some of the clues sent that computer into a tail-spin. That's how I think most of the time. Not too linear.. as I ramble along.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Haven't experienced that intermittent since I was set to do something about it. I hate intermittents. I did install some drivers in the programming. I think... I'm really, really dimass where computers are concerned.

I'm with you on that, I hate when the music cuts out I recently had a computer problem, I thought, but it was just me not knowing what was going on.

I use a laptop to stream music and it was connected through the headphone jack. I wanted better quality and the laptop had a HDMI output so I hoped that would help. I connected the HDMI and was happy, it was better quality but about 15 minutes the sound would cut out. I downloaded updated drivers hoping that would help but no luck.

One day while playing with it I happened to be standing right there when it cut out and I seen what happened. What was going on was when the computer screen went to sleep/off the music switched to the laptop speakers and not the stereo. For some reason it sleeping stopped the HDMI connection and sent the music to the computer speakers. 

I set that sucker to not sleep and everything is fine, it really is a better connection for sound quality, one less conversion from digital to analog and back to digital. It mad a pretty good difference.

• Thanks 2