Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

} I believe Nissan has long acknowledged problems with their early CVT’s. I think to the point of a 100,000 mile warranty on replacement transmissions at some period during the recall. CVT technology has come a long way in attempts to make them “feel” like a standard automatic with discernible shift points. All new autos are highly responsive with paddle shifting and variable drive/shift points. My Dodges used the German designed 8 speeds and my Mustang uses the Ford/Chevy designed 10 speed. Sounds amazing in one of the sport modes when it uses rev matching for braking - it’s more funner than a CVT I can guarantee—

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rplace said:

Big news in my coffee front. I ordered a new espresso machine today. It will be here Monday, can't wait. This machine should be like going from Heresies to Jubilees.

I had a very refreshing experience with Whole Latte Love, the company I bought from. Excellent customer service with an actual person on the phone. 

} English accent? Possibly Jimmy Page fielding your questions 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

English accent? Possibly Jimmy Page fielding your questions

No that would have made it even better. I got no-accent Maryann, all I could think of the entire time I was talking to her was these two lines from Almost Famous

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/bca08d50-36f6-4223-9d0e-118855d0ce0e

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/a0111765-d55f-4c2d-956f-f915a36706ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's pretty much it.  Have you ever driven one?  It feels like the transmission is in a constant state of slip.  You can floor it and the rpms spike and stay there all the while the car is accelerating with the rpms remaining constant.

Never owned or driven one yet.......but it doesn't sound very appetizing to me.

I once sprung for a replacement/rebuilt auto tranny for my GF's (at the time) Chrysler car. This was 1997 and it was like $1650 installed, a bargain by today's standards. That was my annual  bonus...PIFF...gone. She didn't have the money and we were 200 miles from home on our way to Witchita Falls TX.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

Owning a black car is a whole other hobby itself . 

Maybe if I ever retire .

I have owned 4 black cars and one truck over 45 years. They look spectacular when prepped well but upkeep can be demanding, if you are picky. Just the simple act of a woman resting her butt against the paint can produce scratches or swirl marks. No more black for me, silver or white for now.

3 hours ago, rplace said:

Big news in my coffee front. I ordered a new espresso machine today. It will be here Monday, can't wait. This machine should be like going from Heresies to Jubilees.

I had a very refreshing experience with Whole Latte Love, the company I bought from. Excellent customer service with an actual person on the phone. Over two days we talked over my wish list, budget and the pros and cons a few machines I narrowed it down to. They actually steered me AWAY from the more expensive of the bunch (the one I was leaning toward) and I truly felt like they had my best interests at heart not just making a sale. I even said I was open to buying a new grinder if they thought it would be beneficial and they talked me out of that as well. Said mine should be more then sufficient in the near future. They even gave me a better price than on the web site including any promotions they offered. She added some cleaning products and beans + $75 + 2% of purchase price as an account credit for future purchases.

If you are making a big coffee decision/purchase don't hesitate to look into Whole Latte Love. Way better buying experience than my recent encounter at a brick and mortar Hi-Fi shop.

Agree on WholeLatteLove.  I bought my Isomac espresso machine there along with the Rocky Rancillo grinder.  What did you get?

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

What did you get?

Nice grinder, I'll have to look at the machine....not familiar. I was going to go with an Italian made Rocket....but they convinced me on German engineering, blasphemy I'm sure to everyone in the boot. I was also leaning toward double boiler but they helped me see the light on a heat exchanger machine. In the end I got an ECM Technika V. Should be here Monday.

ECM-technika-V-Profi-PID_2000x.jpg?v=157

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rplace said:

Nice grinder, I'll have to look at the machine....not familiar. I was going to go with an Italian made Rocket....but they convinced me on German engineering, blasphemy I'm sure to everyone in the boot. I was also leaning toward double boiler but they helped me see the light on a heat exchanger machine. In the end I got an ECM Technika V. Should be here Monday.

ECM-technika-V-Profi-PID_2000x.jpg?v=157

} Good Lord, that’s impressive. Stick a couple of 845’s out the top, run it single ended and you might be on to something - 🎶🎵

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, polizzio said:

I have owned 4 black cars and one truck over 45 years. They look spectacular when prepped well but upkeep can be demanding, if you are picky. Just the simple act of a woman resting her butt against the paint can produce scratches or swirl marks. No more black for me, silver or white for now.

} I’ve been warned but went black last week, first one. I’ve got the time and do a pretty good job on car care over the years. And if all else fails I’m friends with a damn good detailer, and another friend that loves polishing black cars. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, richieb said:

} Good Lord, that’s impressive. Stick a couple of 845’s out the top, run it single ended and you might be on to something - 🎶🎵

That's funny, but it sure is impressive a lot of chrome and stainless it looks like. You would need a couple shots to clean that sucker.

Fancy

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, polizzio said:

So it sounds like you picked the female butt prints over the black color, good choice. 

I hate black carts, looks great when perfect the rest of the time it looks like you do nothing with it, it's crazy white/silver actually hides the dirt/dust. 

• Like 1