Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

My car is dirt brown... I used to run the headlights all the time until... I felt guilty until I "copped an attitude".  Now, the paint is pretty well oxidized off and the car is trying to be a DeLorean.

Those are some fancy coffee pots y'all got. Anyone drink cowboy coffee? Dump some coarse ground bean and fill the pot with water. The electric percolaters make pretty good. Brings the water to almost a boil.

While I'm on food...

I have been "making bread" in a bread machine. I have several bread knives. A couple of the usual scalloped blades and one that is a bread saw. It was 10 teeth forward, a little triangle. And then 10 teeth facing the other direction About 20 teeth/inch. Looks a little like a hacksaw.

It works good or crisp crusts. Made of that nasty black carbon steel that I like.

Opened Pandora'sBox when I looked into upgrading the audio performance in the programming options of the operating system on laptop... windows and others.

Windows has a Dolby system that can be disabled. My Linux has a bunch of tweaks that can be made to improve the audio significantly..I suppose these things are easy for a tech. I look at the directions and my eyes glaze over. I do not understand any of it, beyond it improving the sound quality.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Now, the paint is pretty well oxidized off and the car is trying to be a DeLorean.

Cheaper than paint, bad part is it will shiney, and you will need sunglasses in the summer.

I have been "making bread" in a bread machine.

Have one just sitting in the cabinet, I don't use it anymore. Mostly because when we use it you want to make more and it so good it's hard not to eat. Trying to cut back, trying anyway.

I do not understand any of it, beyond it improving the sound quality.

If it does that it's working.         imo

• Like 2

• Moderators

Leaving again, be back in a little over a week, going to work on a large 99 year old building in Hope. But it is really good shape already, mostly cleanup and paint and removing carpet ( after paint) to be able to see the really nice wooden floors.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Leaving again, be back in a little over a week, going to work on a large 99 year old building in Hope. But it is really good shape already, mostly cleanup and paint and removing carpet ( after paint) to be able to see the really nice wooden floors.

Be safe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Mostly because when we use it you want to make more and it so good it's hard not to eat.

uh huh

I will down a half loaf at a sitting. I could stand to gain 40 or 50lb. And I'm generous with the butter. I can kill a pile of fresh tortillas, too.Wife claims to be a "rice person", but she has decided that fresh bread is pretty good stuff.

• Like 2

Hey Steve,

good to hear from yas. We were wondering about ya.

I'm up too early, again. Fresh coffee in the pot and a loaf of bread in the machine. It's a race to see if the pot of coffee is gone before the bread is done.

The bottle baby kittens are having a milestone day. Going in to be "fixed".  A real repair would be a lobotomy for them...

geeze... the get wild. They're trying to get me to feed them. Sorry... no food from midnight last night. And they are getting ornery.

watching fishing shows to kill time. Need to do some digging today. It's a real "poco poco" process. Not that I need to dig that deep...  The jujube trees are in the way. Cut down/dig up. And they have thorns. Suffering thoughts of transplanting a few of them. ...more digging involved...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

a long story deleted because I was just rambling. 

& if I hadn't deleted the "E" I got on it I might re-post it. Doubt anyone is bothered by your ramblings Mr Man, they're how we know you!

• Like 3

nobody's complained about my rambling ... to my face

there's usually a point to it, if I remember and get back around to it.

the source of my intermittent static is in the computer. I need to have the sound card tweaked/reloaded. Was trying to listen to some music the other day and it started. The static continued thru the computer's on board speakers when I disconnected the headphone. If I reload the page, it tends to quit. Fortunately, we have a tech in town and he uses Linux. 

Wife is going in for a consultation concerning her cataracts Tues. They said it would take 2 -3 hours. I asked her if they were doing the surgery at that time? A 2 - 3 hour exam/consultation seems quite long. May need to press a friend into service. The Olds is OK for the trip, except the heater doesn't work and it's sposed to hit 45 - 50`F as a high.

Was just thinking. The heater in the car is a design flaw. I had another Olds [same yr/model] with the same problem.... along with the front windows being very sluggish [binding in the tracks].  The old car has some quirks [like its owner], but is very reliable. Turn the key, it starts. Get 30mpg with a 6cyl. The seats are good and, as long as you don't mind heater/AC being optional and not available in the unit....

In reality... it is our spare car. It goes to the dump, lake, woodcutting and when water on the roads might present a problem. It's been in water deeper than it should have been in. Splashing  on the hood....

The weather is surprising me. I have a stack of good firewood and the weather is sposed to turn cold next week. Seeing a day or two with highs barely making 50`F. What surprises me about that is the fact that I have a pile of wood.

OK... I'll shut up now. Completely forgot where I was going with this....

• Haha 3

What???

Everyone run outa coffee and bs?

I'm most happy that I snagged a 1/2 cord of wood the passed couple days. Don't need to be stingy with the heat. 17` this AM. The cats had to move away from the fireplace. Their fur was trying to smoke. Put the coffee pot on a trivet to keep it from boiling on the woodstove.

It will warm up today... if you can call 50` warm.

took my laptop to a tech yesterday. I can't believe that the intermittent performed for him. We let it go thru a song... when the next song came up, the static stopped. Said something about "the cache" not dumping promptly causing the problem and suggesting trying a different streaming service. I am using spotify. Any recommendations? - I know this has been touched on before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep kinda quiet without Beeker, Mark, and others who have disappeared over the years. 

Things slow here......waiting on hardwood floor to be installed in music room at LF's place.  Suppose to have been done last weekend but the installer got the flu😑 

DOW up 260!  

Temperature 69 and partly cloudy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

DOW up 260!  

and TSLA down 14% this morning. Bottle rockets eventually hit the ground.

I forgot to add after Tesla's recent gangbuster run up, Tesla's market cap is greater than GM, Ford, and Chrysler combined. 

• Like 2