Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Well there you go.......coffee makers covered.  Now how about cables.....anyone still using them?

I've been trying to eliminate cables, I think they are overrated and now things are really quiet, no distortion, amps are dead quiet.  I'm talking out the power cords next.  I think I'm on to something.  

Good Morning!  We're taking our granddaughter to Pittsburgh to go and see Jurassic Quest today, she's going to have a blast.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Bunn A-10 has been the best machine I've ever owned.

Ditto.

The original spray-head would overwhelm the BUNN filters if making more than 8 cups.  BUNN customer service sent two new smaller “slower” spray-heads at no cost.  The next size down solved the issue.  No more filter overflows resulting in grounds in the coffee.  I’ll trade speed for no grounds any day.

• Like 3

On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, The Dude said:

Morning folks. So I've decided to move on from the Keurig and go back to a drip brewer. I've always remembered Bunn being a great coffee maker, but recently reading reviews, it doesn't seem that way. Apparently there are cheap Chinese plastic parts giving a funky taste and if that's not the issue, then they seem to have a quality issue. I've also been looking at Braun and Cuisinart. Anybody have one they like and why, any to to stay away from? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So over the years me and The BOSS have been through several Cuisinarts.....they work good for a year or so and something happens to them.

After talking with you guys years ago we went for the BUNN A-10 and never looked back. It's been serving us now close to 4 years... The only "issue" that seems to happen is the drip head gets clogged up from the water we have here. We have well water. So the drip head get cleaned every few weeks.

MKP

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Those cables aren't small. Someone has to do some real number crunching to know what cables to call for, or is it a computer program? 

We just guess! 😀

Naw, just kidding. Lots of number crunching with the assistance of computer programs. The largest one there was designed for a 64,000 pound load with 2 - 2.5 times redundancy factored in. No telling how much extra fudge the engineer of record put in as well before he would stamp the design drawings.

Want to come in and help me hand unload them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

We just guess! 😀

Naw, just kidding. Lots of number crunching with the assistance of computer programs. The largest one there was designed for a 45,000 pound load with 2 - 2.5 times redundancy factored in. No telling how much extra fudge the engineer of record put in as well before he would stamp the design drawings.

Want to come in and help me hand unload them?

I figured that you had to have a large safety rating of 2 or more. Even after the angles and the static loads are calculated, the snow loads and wind factors along with the angle(s) of what you're trying to hold is very dynamic. I respect what it must involve. 

Sure, I would like to get back into that type of work. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

So over the years me and The BOSS have been through several Cuisinarts.....they work good for a year or so and something happens to them.

After talking with you guys years ago we went for the BUNN A-10 and never looked back. It's been serving us now close to 4 years... The only "issue" that seems to happen is the drip head gets clogged up from the water we have here. We have well water. So the drip head get cleaned every few weeks.

MKP

You need an RO filter.  It'll never need cleaning again.  Your coffee will taste better too and your drinking water will taste like the best bottled water.  My wife uses water from the RO filter in her iron and the deposits that used to be left in it are gone.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I figured that you had to have a large safety rating of 2 or more. Even after the angles and the static loads are calculated, the snow loads and wind factors along with the angle(s) of what you're trying to hold is very dynamic. I respect what it must involve. 

Sure, I would like to get back into that type of work. 

It keeps you on your toes! Plus building codes and local regulations keep changing. We used to do the snow load and then the windload separately  (almost equal in my part of the world) but now they want the calculations done simultaneously and with increased suntanned will loads (110 in many cases) Get close to a coastline and Hurricane loads come into play! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Well there you go.......coffee makers covered.  Now how about cables.....anyone still using them?

Uh huh

No wonder I have been going crazy/er tracking down the source of garbage from streaming music from my computer ...

The computer intermittently gives static/white noise... and one channel fading. Not all the computer. One of my [brand new] patch cords has a questionable connection. That manifested itself long enough to track it back. One intermittent is bad enough ... two at one time

fwiw

my first Cuisinart coffee maker came from a garage sale.  It worked fine for several [7 or 8] years.  We were given a new GE... It lasted about 3 years after I had to fix the "spray pattern" on the grounds. Bought another Cuisinart. Was the best wally had. Needed something NOW. Have to clean it very couple months. Yes, I use hard water.  I tend to think the cleaning cycle is set to a certain number of cycles. No necessarily whether it is calcified or not.

Cocktails? No chicken stories, give me a few minutes and I'll come up with something.... but I do know a few chicken jokes

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

MKP

Hey Mark ... Peace to you and The Boss (and I don't mean Springsteen).

• Like 1