Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' All

May your coffee be the best you have ever had!

My wanna do list is still ahead of me. I did get wood stacked away from the gate. After that my back started talking to me.... and everything stops until I can move again. Wife kinked the plans before I got too far outa the gate anyway. She hid the hand truck.

Add to that, I have a flat tire to deal with.  Wow... spellcheck didn't want tire spelled tyre

Enjoying this cold Peruvian mud. Just tastes better this AM.

Warm this AM. Calling for some liquid sunshine.  3/4in or so thru Tues. Not sposed to get going until late afternoon. 

Is 4 late afternoon? When does evening start?

I'll have some time to get the flat fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

May your coffee be the best you have ever had!

I like it. :emotion-21:

Back home, got alot done the last 9 days, final painting in a couple weeks. Glad to be home, some things to do here now, still never unloaded the tools from the car yet.

• Like 5

Back, top of my throat hurt last night... took an aspirin and zinc lozenges. After I worked on my trenched front yard from a dimwit that would prefer driving off the road than over the speed lump I just got weak. Used plywood and drove the car over it to flatten the six inch rut then used a stamper to finish and bevel towards the curb a little. Blocked the lane with the trash dumpsters while doing that then put everything up, got the mud off the front tire then I'm wiped out. Darn coreg plus whatever is trying to get a hold of me stinks! One hour of a little work ruined me today!

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Back, top of my throat hurt last night... took an aspirin and zinc lozenges. After I worked on my trenched front yard from a dimwit that would prefer driving off the road than over the speed lump I just got weak. Used plywood and drove the car over it to flatten the six inch rut then used a stamper to finish and bevel towards the curb a little. Blocked the lane with the trash dumpsters while doing that then put everything up, got the mud off the front tire then I'm wiped out. Darn coreg plus whatever is trying to get a hold of me stinks! One hour of a little work ruined me today!

It happens.  Hopefully you won't be looking for a conspiracy theory over it.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Darn coreg plus whatever is trying to get a hold of me stinks! One hour of a little work ruined me today!

Just a drive-by comment here, in a thread that I don't follow ...

Oh, man, Coreg/Carvedilol made me sicker than the heart condition that it was supposed to treat. I eventually had to cut the dose in half just to feel human again; my MD says it's OK because my BP is improved enough on the smaller dose. It's better than the other meds I tried, though, that made me cough until I vomited.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Mine is time released and hits full force five hours after I take it. Immunos for 19 years now gave me hypertension and are eating my platelets now. Don't pickle your liver folks it will mess with you forever!

Mine is standard issue; I take it at bedtime and by morning I feel OK. In my case the Flu damaged my mitral valve. People forget how dangerous Influenza is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Dang @Edgar you keep on top of that, and thank goodness we have both met a few good MDs at least!

Fortunately (if there is such a thing as "fortunately" in a case like this) I was only 59 and in excellent health and physical condition when it happened. Even the doctors were surprised at how quickly I bounced back from the surgery, but most of their patients are 20 years older and very frail.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Back, top of my throat hurt last night.

Same for me for the last 3-4 days, thinking it may be sinuses from working on that old house ?

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It happens.  Hopefully you won't be looking for a conspiracy theory over it.

Well I worked with Craig all week and he would tease me, I told him about my sore throat and he said it's the first symptom. Didn't drink enough water for a couple days and got a few cramps, he said it was the second symptom, coughing was next. He kept it going all week, I told him good I will put Hope on the map as their first victim.    

We suck as painters but we do have a good time.

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I've decided that kind of stuff just means I'm getting old.  It's frustrating when you remember what you used to be able to accomplish.

Frustrating and depressing. Just moving all day up and down on ladders and kneeling on the floor painting, taping and cleaning but constantly moving kicked our butt.  

Craig and I are the same age and like you said we realize it's old age, no question. We looked and felt like someone beat us by the end of the day, getting worse towards the end of the week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1