Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Elden, how long with that 20 gallons last you?  If you’ve used it before and it worked and you didn’t break out in a rash, then i guess you’re good.

I didn’t buy that cheap stuff figuring that it was too cheap, that made me suspicious.  I did, for the first time, buy some Arm & Hammer. Have done a few loads and can’t tell the difference between that and the expensive stuff that i’ve bought (Tide, Persil).  

Yeah, i can’t drink that i once did either. I used to drink like a fish ... now it’s more like a guppy. I had a double shot of bourbon and i’m following that with two beers and that’s about as much as i’ll drink 99% of the time. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Elden, how long with that 20 gallons last you?  If you’ve used it before and it worked and you didn’t break out in a rash, then i guess you’re good.

I didn’t buy that cheap stuff figuring that it was too cheap, that made me suspicious.  I did, for the first time, buy some Arm & Hammer. Have done a few loads and can’t tell the difference between that and the expensive stuff that i’ve bought (Tide, Persil).  

Yeah, i can’t drink that i once did either. I used to drink like a fish ... now it’s more like a guppy. I had a double shot of bourbon and i’m following that with two beers and that’s about as much as i’ll drink 99% of the time. 

I really have no idea how long it will last, I would guess a long time washing a couple times a week. I don't know because I do not go to the grocery store and probably never bought laundry soap in my life. :huh: No one broke out and the oldest daughter is very susceptible to things like that.

I'm a social drinker at best, was gone for over a week around people drinking and all I did was taste a shot glass of whiskey, it was Elijah Craig, very good but strong. Nothing against it but just happen to not feel like a drink for the last bunch of months. May feel like it again in the right situation, does not bother me either way, have nothing against a little buzz.

• Like 2

okay .. it’s now 12:30am (pst) and this place is rocking ... you all should be here...well, maybe not I’m thinking about going to sleep. 

I haven’t worked since March of 2017 ... i’ve forgotten what it’s like to have to get up and be somewhere. Sometimes, it’s getting late and i think “i’ve should be getting to sleep” them I remind myself that i can sleep in as long as i want because i don’t have to be anywhere in the morning. Rarely do i sleep past 8am though ... on a rare occasion 9.

Got to watch my my favorite female curling team tonight via a game streamed over the internet... National Championships going on. The gals are 5-0 and have a playoff spot locked up already, they beat out the only other undefeated team, then i cranked up the music. 

why do i feel like i’m talking to myself?

• Like 3

I dunno, Steve.

Never thought about curling with a woman as a team sport... I spose it's OK as long as the team is all female.

on the topic of cruises

Anyone see the ad for Celebrity X  Cruises? The one that they play WhiteRabbit to?.... I have to wonder what they are implying. Take a trip w/o leaving the dock???

Saw an ad that kinda .. I dunno

One of the folks in the commercial is a gal that had a double mastectomy w/o reconstructive surgery and they showed her bare chested. Just struck me a strange. That is OK, but bare chested healthy breasts are not... Plumbers' crack and cleavage get pixelated???? Odd standards we have.

Made a 2lb loaf of bread yesterday. Caught me off guard.  The recipe is NOT doubled 1lb loaf measures.

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, NADman said:

Weather this morning

That weather statement says "Don't hibernate!", well that's exactly what I would be doing at -30. 

20 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

National Championships going on

I watched some lad year, don't understand all the rules but do like it.

That is a good picture on that video, looks great the way they followed the curler which blurred everything else, are they called curler ?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, dtel said:

are they called curler ?

yes, they’re Curlers. Easy game to understand, but tons of strategy that can be hard to figure out.  They call it chess on ice. 

The Sweepers attain maximum heart rate ... imagine doing that every few minutes for a couple of hours. they get in a good workout.

• Like 1

More like a sport old folks know ... shuffleboard or lawn bowls.  But, with curling, you get an opportunity to influence the projectile after it is launched

Got my tire patched and chimney cleaned, I guess, yesterday now.

The fire crew is cutting again. Need to grab a little more firewood. Free is free.

We're in a weird weather pattern. Crappy during the week, nice on weekends.  

My computer prowess got me again. We can get fishing licenses online. Had to call  the fish and game dept to help me navigate the site. So much for helping myself.

Had to go to Amado to get the tire fixed... Was joking the the guy at the shop about agriculture coming back to the SantaCruzValley. Marijuana farms turning the floodplain into a high rent district. Interesting to see the farms jacking the property values higher than the housing market.  Marijuana farms displacing houses and golf courses in the future...Used to grow cotton here. Ever hear of Pima cotton? That is/was us... here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

That weather statement says "Don't hibernate!", well that's exactly what I would be doing at -30. 

I watched some lad year, don't understand all the rules but do like it.

That is a good picture on that video, looks great the way they followed the curler which blurred everything else, are they called curler ?

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

yes, they’re Curlers. Easy game to understand, but tons of strategy that can be hard to figure out.  They call it chess on ice. 

The Sweepers attain maximum heart rate ... imagine doing that every few minutes for a couple of hours. they get in a good workout.

Print 
  • Left

Try Curling

Arrange for your group to try curling, a unique sport emphasizing communication and good sportsmanship. Read more about our packages and sport, and contact our Try Curling Coordinator.

Utica Curling Club offers curling outing packages that:
  • Introduces your group to a fun, healthy, activity
  • Enhances teamwork, trust, and communication among participants in a fun atmosphere, and even enhance their management and team skills
  • Combine fun with team building activities for employees, customers, and vendors
  • Provide a unique activity and super environment to open or close your conference or other event
  • Can be a novel fundraising event
  • Celebrates a special event in your life

No curling experience necessary. All equipment supplied. Season runs mid-October through March. For more information, contact our Try Curling Coordinator or email trycurling@uticacurlingclub.org. Please provide a phone number in your initial contact information.

EVENT AGREEMENT

Download PDF file

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• Learn to curl instruction
  • Short curling game with participants divided into teams
  • Package duration is two hours; cost $25 per person

OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL CHARGES

• Cash bar
  • Food service is available

PARTICIPANT RELEASE FORMS

A signed participant release form is required for all on-ice (curling) membership privileges. These can be filled out in advance or can be supplied at the time of the event.  

North American Brewers

Future curlers!

Matt Brewing Company Sales Team

Upcoming Events

1)  Fri Feb 14, 2020
Sticks & Stones Bonspiel
Open format bonspiel for stick curlers Details
2)  Thu Feb 20, 2020
Cobb Mixed Bonspiel
Traditional mixed bonspiel with a 4-game guarantee. Thu-Sun, Feb 20-24. Details.
3)  Thu Feb 27, 2020 06:15 pm
Glengarry Challenge
Women's club championship. Thur, Sat, Sun, Feb 27, 29, 30
4)  Wed Mar 25, 2020 06:00 pm
Rose Bonspiel
Come close the club down for the year with this internal spiel. Details
5)  Wed Apr 01, 2020 06:00 pm
Annual meeting

© 2010 Utica Curling Club
Contact webmaster
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, dtel said:

-30°C is only -22°F. Not so bad. When I lived in northern New England, I got to the point where I could tell the difference between -20°F and -25°F by the crunch of the snow when I stepped on it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Edgar said:

-30°C is only -22°F. Not so bad. When I lived in northern New England, I got to the point where I could tell the difference between -20°F and -25°F by the crunch of the snow when I stepped on it.

F dat!

no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

When I was In high school I was a member of an Explorer group.  Think boy scouts with girls also.  We cabin camped one long weekend in the winter where the warmest it got during the day was -10.  It was memorable but not entirely enjoyable.  Sure we had fun as you would expect a group of teenagers would but you had to be careful outside.  We didn't have the type of clothing or sleeping bags that are available now to combat the cold either.  It was the coldest weekend I can ever remember being in during my time in upstate New York.

• Like 3