Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 hours ago, NADman said:

Back in late 60's-early 70's I was working for a company in the oil field industry  (National Tank) in Calgary, Alberta. 'They' (oil companies from Tulsa to Texas), sent truckers to pick up

oil field equipment in Calgary in winter, sometimes in the worst of weather. Quite a few times the drivers and their trucks showed up frozen! No antifreeze or heaters in their tractors, wearing shorts,T shirts, flip flops etc. Many begged a ride to the airport and abandoned their rigs. We laughed our asses off.

Day um! That's crazy, not even a heater in the tractor. I can picture it from your description, jean cutoffs, flip flops, and a muscle shirt :)

• Haha 2

“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”

~Bob Marley

Happy Valentine's Day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I think he's out but with an ankle bracelet that blocks him from posting on the forum.

and they claim to have done that on their own authority when technically you need a civic ordinance or a resolution by a board of selectives ... and that's just going by the book. Yeah, they rushed into something serious here. The Klipsch Forum is a summer forum, it needs summer dollars. If people can't post here, they'll post on the forums of Twitter and Facebook.

I had fun today. not really. Did some of what I put off yesterday.  relocating and organizing our scavenge pile. Materials for future project/s. A couple swamp box coolers, fencing, t posts.

...and I dug a few more feet of septic line. If I made a concerted effort, I could get it dug up tomorrow. I have a feeling, and I am not going to voice it for fear of jinxing myself.

Gonna try to grow some tomatoes. Did good with them at the other place... at the bottom of the hill. I get teased [here] about growing in a soil-less medium. I have decomposing shale and decomposing granite. Pretty course. I'm trying to be smart and planting where the weeds grow biggest/best. A chance of dirt being in a crevice. If I was really being smart, I would put my garden at my buddy's place. He actually has soil. And fairly deep. not just an inch or two. A serious fence would be needed. He has deer and javelina thru his place.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Raised beds.

I'm coping.

Dig a planting site ... with a pick. Fill with good stuff  [there will be plenty of room by the time you kick the rocks out] and treat it like a big pot that doesn't drain.

Suffering a "blonde moment". Need someone to explain the jar with the metal objects in the cork. By time I post this, I may have figured it out ... or not.

How's everyone this... well, today? I overdid it yesterday. Think I'm gonna be on the inactive side today. That doesn't mean that I won't sit on my butt in the yard and pull weeds. They're easy to find. Anything green is a weed. The grass won't come to life for a month. 

Folks come down here at this time of year and wonder why it is brown [beside brown being normal]? it IS winter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Suffering a "blonde moment". Need someone to explain the jar with the metal objects in the cork.

You and me buddy.  I don't know what it is.  I guess we're dying on that desert isle.

You 2 are not alone.

• Like 4