Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The Monday AFTER Valentines day, since I didn't get reservations booked early enough, my wife and I went to a really nice resto close to the Chattanooga ChooChoo. It was nice, and there was no crowd... First time here, they feature a lot of nice Italian food. I have a friend who always makes chicken livers wrapped in bacon, and they are always a delight. However, one of the appetizers we order was dates wrapped in bacon. Simply wow! The two flavors blended very well and they were quite tasty. Dang... ate them all before getting a picture.

Bruce

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The Monday AFTER Valentines day, since I didn't get reservations booked early enough, my wife and I went to a really nice resto close to the Chattanooga ChooChoo. It was nice, and there was no crowd... First time here, they feature a lot of nice Italian food. I have a friend who always makes chicken livers wrapped in bacon, and they are always a delight. However, one of the appetizers we order was dates wrapped in bacon. Simply wow! The two flavors blended very well and they were quite tasty. Dang... ate them all before getting a picture.

Bruce

If you liked that, try this.  Deseed the dates through a slit you cut.  Stuff with bleu cheese.  Wrap in bacon, roll in brown sugar, put on a skewer and bake.  People who think they don't like dates love this.

• Like 4

I used to get nice Medjool dates at a Whole Foods store to use in smoothies, but they are too pricy. Would be worth it to try this though. I'll try to pick some up ome the way back from church this weekend. I passed pretty close to it.

• Moderators

Back home, it was fun but glad to be here.

Dates, yes it was always a family thing during the holidays, a slit and half of pecan and small slice of marshmello inside with a little sugar sprinkled on top.

• Like 3

guilding lilies

medjool are great to eat straight. They are a little pricey.... but we manage to get a box every year.  We live pretty frugally.... and then pop a rib roast and goodies like that.  A twist on "Putting your money where your mouth is"

Looks like i'm going to the lake solo.  No biggie. When I'm out there, I don't really pay attention to much more than what I am doing. Not that I don't notice the VermillionFlycatcher or A-10 so low that you can see the pilot... count the rivets in the sheet metal..

Really shirking my duties. They're cutting/clearing on the wildlife refuge again/still. I need to capitalize on that some more.  Hear talk of a cold snap next week... 50's for a day or 2.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Not that I don't notice the VermillionFlycatcher or A-10 so low that you can see the pilot... count the rivets in the sheet metal..

Very cool plane, if your on the right side of what it's after.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wb @dtel.  KNOW you enjoyed that "down time."   hahahaha  Normal here SSDD.  Poor @grasshopper couldn't figure out WHY that A-10 was so low.  Riddle me this:  What would you think if you looked down and saw a guy fishing wearing a sarong?  Up here the State parks with lakes have bath houses for people to change in.  Since I was in the Natl Guard up here @ State HQ in Cbus the helicopter squadron was located @ Don Scott airfield right behind the armory.  Welllll, working as the public affairs supervisor for the state I was privy to many things.  Seems as though people were wondering WHY helicopters were hovering around Delaware state park just north of Cbus.  Found out the boys had a BC scope in the aircraft and were checkin out the wimmen from above.  Worked for a while.  Guess kids will be kids.  lol

• Haha 2

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Riddle me this:  What would you think if you looked down and saw a guy fishing wearing a sarong? 

It would be very strange, probably the first time ever to see something like that.

29 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Seems as though people were wondering WHY helicopters were hovering around Delaware state park just north of Cbus.

Musty get a little boring, there young and had nothing better to look at, maybe they just wanted to see if it was worth going to the park on there days off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1