Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

What would you think if you looked down and saw a guy fishing wearing a sarong? 

I wear my civies to the lake [at this time of year]. I prolly should given my anti-social streak. I did/do wear a very official looking cap from the fed govt and my aviator sunnies. That doesn't work to keep folks away. They ask who I work/ed for. I've had people thank me for my service ....I wonder if they know I invented pot.

Caught a few gills and 2 bass. One a dink and the other, a large dink -- 2lb. On 4lb line... makes for some fun.

• Like 3

ouch!

You can have it

Fast

Cheap

Good

pick any two

I'm up to my usual doing nothing --- housekeeping and lawn Taking a break and wondering why I didn't get a cup of fresh coffee I just made????

Guess they aren't flying the Heritage planes down this way. I remember seeing them in the past.

boy got a learning opportunity last night.  Changing a tire and didn't chock the other wheel/s. Car rolled off the jack w/o a wheel in place. Was lucky I could my jack under it. nobody got hurt. He will remember next time.

Doing chores and listening to music. Kept hearing this horrible noise..... turned the vacuum off... much better

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

boy got a learning opportunity last night.  Changing a tire and didn't chock the other wheel/s. Car rolled off the jack w/o a wheel in place. Was lucky I could my jack under it. nobody got hurt. He will remember next time.

When I was about 19, I was helping replace the axel on a mobile home. we were stuck on the side of Highway 99 in Central California. Laying under that thing, just a few feet from the highway, every time a big rig drove by that coach shook like crazy and I'd lay under it hoping that it stayed on the jacks.  

Spoiler Alert:  It didn't fall and crush me.  I survived.

• Like 3

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Doing chores and listening to music. Kept hearing this horrible noise..... turned the vacuum off... much better

Hate when that happens. 

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Spoiler Alert:  It didn't fall and crush me.  I survived.

Refer to post in different thread.

" If I die, I die -- no big deal; and it won't happen until God says it's my time. "

True, we can speed it up but not necessarily extend it.

• Like 4

A friend of mine since grade 5 won a reverse raffle with two others a couple of weeks back.  An Elks Club fund raiser.  His take was $2666 so he is taking me and LF out to a nice steak house at his expense tonight.  I won $100 which covered prime rib dinner for two of us that night.  The third couple struck out but are going with us.  Should be a fun night.

• Like 4