Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 minutes ago, richieb said:

But I see no food? I mean you can only eat so many Tide Pods before you loose your appetite— 

Ha, her freezer is full and my big one in the garage is jammed.  She jumped in there to get a couple steaks out earlier this afternoon and flipped out.  "Dad you have all this beef, a dozen pizza's, 8 big bags of chicken, 14# of butter, bacon, all this cheese. and 5 ice creams."  I was laffin at her.  She knows I load up on sales items so maybe I'm a bit of a hoarder.  20 cases of MRE's work as a back up?  As soon as I heard about it "leaking in China" I went into my prevent defense and loaded up.  Got another quarter of beef coming in the next few weeks so all you Griswold clones load up and head North!  You want bread then bring it cause I don't do it!  Have a nice toaster though!   :)   😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Good Lord that is quite the collection, impressive for sure. So we know she will safe with toilet supplies, can “quicker picker upper” any and all messes, and will have beautifully clean hair for several years. But I see no food? I mean you can only eat so many Tide Pods before you loose your appetite— 

She can rule the world now.  

She should sell some of that on eBay ... make enough to buy a new BMW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Got tired of waiting for mine. I've been using a propane torch.

That’s what I’m using in place of spray sanitizer. Heat up a door knob or pull to near cherry red, wait a couple minutes, good to go. Virus burned to a crisp. Shelves are full of propane (until now) 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, richieb said:

That’s what I’m using in place of spray sanitizer. Heat up a door knob or pull to near cherry red, wait a couple minutes, good to go. Virus burned to a crisp. Shelves are full of propane (until now) 

Thank you Hank Hill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I guess after reading here, the definition of "a normal person"  has changed considerably in the last 25 years.

I feel better, I thought it was just me thinking of crazy ideas, toasters, red hot doorknobs and coupon shopping, which is a really smart but you really have to work at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

coupon shopping, which is a really smart but you really have to work at it.

EVERY time she hits the check out line when she coupons her act is totally together.  Most around here don't even question her on the count or the coupons.  They just ask her how many and ring it.  She works hard and spends countless hours doing it.  She knows what her friends need like diapers and wipes so she cuts them a deal.  She also donates a LOT of stuff to several shelters in the area.  The bigger stores know she does so they treat her well, which is paramount.  She just thought it was funny that so many people loading up on tp and stuff were prolly the same one's whining cause they had to follow her thru checkout.  I love it when she tells me she get's a store credit when she's done with her coupons.  She had over $300 in credit once at Target and her hubby had a $300 TV console following her thru the register.   :)

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

She works hard and spends countless hours doing it. 

I know, there was a short lived tv show about it at one time, it is a full time job doing that. 

But the people doing it had rooms filled like that or more. The showed them going through the checkout with 4-6 buggies filled and would end up paying almost nothing or very little for $1000 or more in products. Not all were the exact brand they would have picked but everything was name brand. Nothing wrong with having pallets of non perishables if it's almost free, well compared to normal prices.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

EVERY time she hits the check out line when she coupons her act is totally together.  Most around here don't even question her on the count or the coupons.  They just ask her how many and ring it.  She works hard and spends countless hours doing it.  She knows what her friends need like diapers and wipes so she cuts them a deal.  She also donates a LOT of stuff to several shelters in the area.  The bigger stores know she does so they treat her well, which is paramount.  She just thought it was funny that so many people loading up on tp and stuff were prolly the same one's whining cause they had to follow her thru checkout.  I love it when she tells me she get's a store credit when she's done with her coupons.  She had over $300 in credit once at Target and her hubby had a $300 TV console following her thru the register.   :)

3 hours ago, dtel said:

I know, there was a short lived tv show about it at one time, it is a full time job doing that. 

But the people doing it had rooms filled like that or more. The showed them going through the checkout with 4-6 buggies filled and would end up paying almost nothing or very little for $1000 or more in products. Not all were the exact brand they would have picked but everything was name brand. Nothing wrong with having pallets of non perishables if it's almost free, well compared to normal prices.  

• Like 2

can't help myself...

I don't give these "reality" shows much credibility..... especially after watching MickDodge pull a gilled/gutted salmon out of a river...

Too much staged drama and not enough reality.

With zero sports for entertainment, I'm watching GrandSumo highlights --- minus spectators.

Visit from my sister is in the air, depending on what happens the next few weeks. If everything is closed, not much for them to do, but soak some sun.

I see @dirtmudd on a lot more

How are you doing with "confinement", Mike?  Gia home, too? I presume, yes...

• Like 2

Without the fresh meat I had to cook. Used to like it occasionally or always with Italian or psuedo-Mexican that I do.

Got stuff out of the cabinet, a couple cans and the freezer for this. That corned beef is still around after two days of that and hot-dogs w/onions, mustard & chili.

Remember when Cracker Barrel made that great hashbrown casserole? The last time I ate there, one at Clemson it wasn't edible so www to the rescue!

It was chilly here this morning & this was my second plate of brunch. Ate at the stove `cause that plate was super hot after 20 min in @350. Made the big room warmer too.

IMG-20200314-111021.jpg

• Like 4