Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

rumor out there that Uncle Sam is wanting to send all adult Americans a check.  some have said it could be $1000 each. 

saw a quote from the treasury secretary and he said that Trump told him that he wants this done now.

$1000 beats a kick in the teeth.

hope it's true.

Let’s not spend it just yet. There’s gotta’ be stipulation’s - income, taxable income, social security, employed, unemployed, welfare, retired and on and on. I can’t imagine everyone over the age of 18 will be handed a check - 

• Like 4

• Moderators
22 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

the world may be over by then, but ok was long as you're having fun.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Just self quaretining myself for a week, or something like that. The lake is black at night, all you can hear is frogs , waves and a fish jump every once and a while.

image.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, richieb said:

Let’s not spend it just yet. There’s gotta’ be stipulation’s - income, taxable income, social security, employed, unemployed, welfare, retired and on and on. I can’t imagine everyone over the age of 18 will be handed a check - 

I have to remind myself of something

When the govt sez "We're here to help you"...

Run !!! and have one hand on your wallet.

There will be strings attached to [most/any] aid rendered....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been looking into sourdough bread. Given the run on staples ... yeast may disappear from the shelves.

Bars and restaurants have been closed to dining in... drive thru/pick up is still OK. Wonder how that will work for the bars? lol

I have plenty of intoxicants to last me. I make my own....

Cranking some MitchRyder & DetroitWheels in the doghouse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told, "It doesn't work that way" when I suggested raising CWs to "increase" bass. I see some speaker designs where the lf section is elevated....The tall speakers particularly. I suggested swapping positions purely for scientific purposes of comparison.

The member had a pair of bookshelf speakers that seemed to perform better in the lf section.Are there situations where conventional wisdom fails?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Kind of what I was thinking.

That looks like a good idea.

I'm full of shyte this AM....

the day before Iniki hit Kauai, we were at the beach

Asked my buddy in Australia how they were coping. He took his old Chevy truck for a brewery "crawl". Cruised a big loop, hitting all the breweries along the way. There are several. We did the same, my first trip there. I would like to say it was fun ... I don't remember much after the first stop. A glass of draught beer is an empty glass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, richieb said:

Read just a while ago something like working people put out of work through no fault of their own. Makes sense but darn..... I don't qualify even though I've been inconvenienced financially and day to day. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

They're mooooooooooovin right along it seems.   Well maybe!  Welcome back!

Not back home but had a chance to get online. They don't seem to be in a hurry, not quick to get off the driveway either they look at you like your in the way. But they don't know their future, I do and it taste good.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Read just a while ago something like working people put out of work through no fault of their own. Makes sense but darn..... I don't qualify even though I've been inconvenienced financially and day to day. :rolleyes:

If you're an adult, you may qualify

Cheers and happiness. We shall see.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

not quick to get off the driveway

...if you need to move them

ease up to them with your car or truck, and give them a gentle nudge with it. They will look at you and move. Not fast, but move. kind of a "Huh, me?" thing

Do NOT try this with calves. They will turn and crash into you.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

...if you need to move them

ease up to them with your car or truck, and give them a gentle nudge with it. They will look at you and move. Not fast, but move. kind of a "Huh, me?" thing

Do NOT try this with calves. They will turn and crash into you.

Your right, when we passed they got off the road, except for one, he stood right on the edge of the road just looking at us with an attitude. :huh:

• Haha 1