Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, richieb said:

Great thought. Although not everyone can afford Klipsch Heritage in these strange times — 

True, and not even counting the strange times. 

One of of my favorites, the 396, all I need is a ladder and the owner to not be looking. :o 

Just kidding , they use them every day and really enjoy them. They know nothing about speakers but love the sound. They like them so much he bought that tv and he learned how to play YouTube videos from his phone while sitting at the table. He put them up on the wall so no one can mess with them.

Before he had it wired to a iPad until a 8 year old kid took over the tv playing with his phone, he was shocked. He told her I will give you $10 if you show me how to do that, so now he knows.

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, billybob said:

If you're an adult, you may qualify

Cheers and happiness. We shall see.. 

Well buddy think that since I'm on disability that the being out of work as a caregiver (if that happens) won't count. Can always wish & maybe we'll start getting the paycheck of that invader that tried to get my mom to pay her freaking taxes!!! TX is trying to hunt that biaat#@ down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Well buddy think that since I'm on disability that the being out of work as a caregiver (if that happens) won't count. Can always wish & maybe we'll start getting the paycheck of that invader that tried to get my mom to pay her freaking taxes!!! TX is trying to hunt that biaat#@ down.

Read the news...maybe in the works, unless you are a millionaire.

They are working on it, they say...

• Like 1

Once the hoarders and doomsdayer's get done things should get back to a fairly normal environment.  IF families buy their normal weekly groceries it should get back to abby normal.  Around here there was nothing left for a few days then people got smart.  A couple of the butcher shops out in the country got together w/others in the area so many are buying local from them.  Just a thought and the money is staying in the local community as opposed to the big chains.  People call ahead w/their orders then just go pick them up.  The local Kroger & WalMart are starting to get the milk, tp and meats back now then the second wave of ppl will hit it and stock up.  It'll smooth out in time hopefully.   Carry on!

• Like 3

Just now, Dave1290 said:

Once the hoarders and doomsdayer's get done things should get back to a fairly normal environment.  IF families buy their normal weekly groceries it should get back to abby normal.  Around here there was nothing left for a few days then people got smart.  A couple of the butcher shops out in the country got together w/others in the area so many are buying local from them.  Just a thought and the money is staying in the local community as opposed to the big chains.  People call ahead w/their orders then just go pick them up.  The local Kroger & WalMart are starting to get the milk, tp and meats back now then the second wave of ppl will hit it and stock up.  It'll smooth out in time hopefully.   Carry on!

yeah, we do tend to have a short attention span -- that can be a double-edged sword though.

for everyone self-isolating, the stores are still very crowded.

• Like 2

Been out once to three places and that's my limit for today. Then find out my milk is starting to turn not fresh with yesterdays date on it. Good thing this 4 or 5 year old fridge is a cold one. I'll make a sweep tomorrow if I have to, hope I can line it up with getting there after their trucks do. 

• Like 2

Our little store has the shelves stocked. Not everything you might want ... but, unlike a 7-11, you can live out of the place. Cut meat, fresh veggies

Only thing bugging me, right now, is the weather. Cold ... 60` for a high. Rained decent overnight. A good 1/2 inch. Not going to the lake today. There is one spot on the road that is red clay. It is all cut up from the last rains and is a mud bog now.

• Like 3

It's a little box for the money ($1500) but it does it's job very well.  Talking about the Sugar Cube from Sweet Vinyl.  Three settings......a bypass lets you hear everything pop and clicks included, then "remove" that takes all the tics away, and a third setting in case you just want to hear what's being removed.  You can adjust the level of removal if you want to hear just a little noise so you know you're playing vinyl😇

As I have mentioned this opens up a world of music on the cheap.  Yard sale vinyl finds,  record store cheapies, friend donations that they no longer listen to.  Takem home...clean em up....adjust the Sugar Cube......and you're off and running.

Want to learn more google Michael Fremer's review in Stereophile magazine.

Mine even came with an extra tiny little washer that rattles around inside😆

IMG_9650.JPG

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Three settings......a bypass lets you hear everything pop and clicks included, then "remove" that takes all the tics away, and a third setting in case you just want to hear what's being removed.  You can adjust the level of removal if you want to hear just a little noise so you know you're playing vinyl

So if you had an album that was a recording of pops and ticks would you hear anything when you played it?

• Like 2