Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

As I have mentioned this opens up a world of music on the cheap.

So, you're not listening to pure analog any more then correct?  It converts analog to digital, cleans it up then converts the digital back to analog.  What would the analog purist think about that?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So, you're not listening to pure analog any more then correct?  It converts analog to digital, cleans it up then converts the digital back to analog.  What would the analog purist think about that?

I can tell you that. A really good analog drive with a really good pickup does not need the AD / DA conversion process. Neither for the resolution, coarse-fine dynamics, precision, locatability, and so on . Analouge Signal > Analogue Singnal is the purest form of signal transmission.Nevertheless I find this phono AD / DA converter technology interesting. Especially for younger users who like to experiment, because they lack the reference to classical analog music reproduction.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I can tell you that. A really good analog drive with a really good pickup does not need the AD / DA conversion process. Neither for the resolution, coarse-fine dynamics, precision, locatability, and so on . Analouge Signal > Analogue Singnal is the purest form of signal transmission.Nevertheless I find this phono AD / DA converter technology interesting. Especially for younger users who like to experiment, because they lack the reference to classical analog music reproduction.

The AD to DA conversion is only for the purpose of removing pops and tics and nothing else.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The AD to DA conversion is only for the purpose of removing pops and tics and nothing else.

The audio cd recorders did that already when you burned records to CD the filters filtered the pops and ticks.Of course, this has nothing to do with the separate AD converters.But technologically this hat is over 20 years old.

Hey C,C and C....Hope all are doing good.

Someone at work put a Kurig and a big box of Pear's Gourmet K-Cups in place...

Man I was worried about my fix this morning because the vendor coffee machine was giving out crap...

found the Kurig and the Pear's coffee in the corner of the lunch room.

Thank You who ever you are.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MyOwn said:

Hey C,C and C....Hope all are doing good.

Someone and work put a Kurig and a big box of Pear's Gourmet K-Cups in place...

Man I was worried about my fix this morning because the vendor coffee machine was giving out crap...

found the Kurig and the Pear's coffee in the corner of the lunch room.

Thank You who ever you are.

Glad you found their stash...🏍️🤶

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Feel free to poll a few and find out.

I don't care as long as it's good music.

how does this box work  ?

Pima Co is now semi-dry. No social drinking at a bar, anyway.

Getting a new neighbor. The place across from us opened up. Knowing several people who are looking, and the owner, I might have some sway in the selection. My first selection said yes. She'll be coming to look at it Sat. Can't imagine her not liking the place. Fairly new mobile home. A/C, heat, fenced property, "city" water... among a few other things most of us take for granted. Internet w/o a sat dish... a store... If we qualify as remote, she is off the map.

• Like 3

our granddaughter doesn't have a choice. Nana is a teacher.  The kid gets music appreciation from me.  Wife likes music. It's not an integral part of her life, tho.

the Kona beans are gone. Into a fresh bag of Mexican. One of these days I'll get a bag of Colombian beans.  Not that Colombian is inferior, just so many other flavors...

I wonder how many folks are at the lake? 2 days indoors, due to weather....I could use some time outdoors w/o swinging a whip sickle or having work to get done. There is plenty of things to do around here, which is why I can't relax at home. Things staring at me, needing to be done.

... we're a half step ahead of the Covid game. As a community, we are already qualified as "isolated". 

• Like 3

so...

What's good today?

I went down early last night. Spent a good part of yesterday pulling weeds. Got up at 1, sore and tired. At 4, I went back ......until 7:30. Still stiff. I'll survive.

Cleaned the SSV and we're back in action.

No brain... No pain

Wife is/was sleeping, yet. I'm in the doghouse, with music goin'.

gonna be a nice day. Back to normal temps... that would be around 75`. That still a little cool if you are in the shade. We'll suffer it.

wonder how long it will take to get back to the house? It's only 40 feet. I can find a lot to do in that space/time.

Random association... now I gotta listen to A Space in Time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport
Put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain