Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I had on sneakers and you had on high heels though.

My point is in that photo I'm at least 6" taller than you.  I'm 5'9" in bare feet so you should be......around 5'3" even with your platform shoes?  No top shelf peeking for you.

13 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

My point is in that photo I'm at least 6" taller than you.  I'm 5'9" in bare feet so you should be......around 5'3" even with your platform shoes?  No top shelf peeking for you.

I see that senility is rearing it's ugly head.  My condolences to the LF.

16 hours ago, dtel said:

OK need some help here, there is a foreign cheerleading team stuck in this country and need a place to stay for a few weeks

you're asking for help makes me wonder if you don't need more help than stated... jk jk

nothin' new or exciting here, yet.

talked to my sis in IN today. She said IN closed all businesses, except those deemed essential. Open are  groceries, hospitals ... gun stores - for real.... wonder if liquor stores are open?

life is largely unchanged, here.

Bar is very quiet. That's about the only difference. Hardly notice the kids home. There aren't that many. Most of the town folk are old/er.  A cyclic thing. Starting to see some young folks again.

used to be enough to field a baseball team. They would play the teams from the other small local [w/i  40 miles] teams. The good ol' days. Amado had a team... Tubac, Tumacacori/Carmen ....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I think I was kept around for changing light bulbs.  6'2' and have long arms. I look even taller being horizontally challenged. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rplace said:

Man, you guys are just one collective embarrassment over at the virus thread. The only thing you have right is the first two words of the thread topic's title, "More On". Who-da-thunk Medwin would be the adult in the room 6 months ago?

Here is something relevant https://justcoffee.coop/ 15% off with code Hello15

Is this your resume for Carl’s moderator position — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

Is this your resume for Carl’s moderator position — 

No thanks, I'm more along the lines of a commentator. And lately all I'd be able to comment on around here would have to start off with "Its a sad commentary that...."

I didn't move here for those reasons... but being in an isolated community can be very nice.

my dad wanted me to move to Tucson... said "You'll get shot out there"

"But, I'll know who and why"....

tbh

I consider myself mainstream conservative [for living out here].

I dressed nice ... worked a regular job.

and then I retired.....

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They don't need another.  @dtel said he could handle the whole shebang by himself.

Yep, start at the top and hide every thread, let everyone sit at home and try to post political crap.

But no, I was on vacation for 10 days to come back and see moderator under my name,  never have been asked. Teach me to go on vacation, notice how much I do.

Already told them to get more moderators, there are going to be changes to the forum, some sections gone.

If I were in Indy I would walk over and pull the plug, they better not show me where the plug is, babysitting sux, like you didn't know that already.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dtel said:

there are going to be changes to the forum, some sections gone.

It's their forum they can do what they want with it, who cares.  Ban whoever, hide whoever, read whatever, post whatever.  That's the beauty of being the sponsor.

• Confused 1

• Moderators

But the silly part is they don't seem to really use this forum as much as they could for advertisement or much of anything else, could be alot of good press. Not many companies have a following of fans who go out of there way as much as most here do.

I don't really care what they do.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your right, but I feel I'm not really on the hook, it's why I am so productive as a moderator. :o

The only thing that really bothers me is how stupid people act about the few rules, and whine like a little girl when they get in trouble, there not stupid just hard headed.

Might just lock the whole virus thread for a little while, unlock it and keep repeating back and forth just to aggravate people, while erasing any new threads, it could be fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

Your right, but I feel I'm not really on the hook, it's why I am so productive as a moderator. :o

The only thing that really bothers me is how stupid people act about the few rules, and whine like a little girl when they get in trouble, there not stupid just hard headed.

Might just lock the whole virus thread for a little while, unlock it and keep repeating back and forth just to aggravate people, while erasing any new threads, it could be fun.

You're a dangerous man to think so similarly to me...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dtel said:

Might just lock the whole virus thread

Yes please. Absolutely nothing to do with Klipsch, lounging, audio or even rational behavior. I was once part of a very vibrant online home brewing community. Same type of behavior, it got shut down by the online retailing host. A real shame. A real loss.

There are so many other places online where you can go and post all day to show your ignorance, bigotry, false sense of relevance and easily find others to reinforce your biased frame of mind. I always liked the sense of community here. Less and less each day. :sad:

• Like 1