Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Hiding it for 5 min, and hiding any new ones. 

Oh it's ok I just walking the line of what shouldn't be done, some know it well.  

Was just going thru it. Got to the end of a page, hit next and it disappeared 👻. Wondered if my network went down, then found this thread. You are the David Blaine uv Mods 😂.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Not going to ask them to be nice, will just mess with them from now on.

Many times I just edit a couple words in there post or erase a couple, no one has ever noticed and I have been doing it for months.

I guess no one ever goes back to check what they posted, I can really mess with them like that.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Many times I just edit a couple words in there post or erase a couple, no one has ever noticed and I have been doing it for months

Elden this comment isn’t directed at you, but make me king and the first thing that i’d change is make it impossible to alter a quote. 

never found that funny. Eons ago, i started a thread about something and someone quoted me, but changed my wording and made it sexual in nature. I’m grateful that Amy deleted that thread. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Elden this comment isn’t directed at you, but when you made me king, as deserved, the first thing that I changed is to make it impossible to alter a quote. 

never found that funny. Eons ago, i started a thread about something and someone quoted me, but changed my wording and made it sexual in nature. I’m grateful that Amy deleted that thread. 

I would never do that, I didn't realize when you quote, anyone you can change it. About I have ever done is delete a few words so it did not break the rules, I was always tempted to change it to say the opposite of what they posted but thought I shouldn't. 

Make you King, well if I could...........notice the change ;) first time I did that, and just for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

i would have never noticed if you hadn’t pointed it out.  at least your’s was a good natured joke ... 

It was meant like that, and I'm not going to do it again. Only remove a few words or hide the whole post.

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I [try to] steer clear of drama, now.

I hate drama myself, part of why I suck as a moderator, but it's aggravating to have to almost beg adults to follow a couple of simple rules which they know already. No moderator wants to give warning points or ban anyone, ask Carl how much we try to not do that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dtel said:

whine like a little girl

That, is the perfect name for a new thread!  LMAO when I read that.  Maybe a survey, write in the name.  Who do you think of when you hear the term "Whine like a little girl"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Pete H said:

That, is the perfect name for a new thread!  LMAO when I read that.  Maybe a survey, write in the name.  Who do you think of when you hear the term "Whine like a little girl"

Lol.  Keeping my mouth shut on that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mornin' All

Not much going on. Wife is home today. She has a 1 hour webinar to "attend" and gets paid for the whole day.

I've been after her to get her cataract surgery done.... as it works out, her surgery is/was scheduled for next week. As much as she needs it done, I think they are postponing it to divert supplies to folks that are ill. If they don't, I think I have convinced her to delay it. Her condition is not life threatening.

I wanna call a friend in KY ... welfare check. Problem I have with him is his accent. It's thick and he speaks fast. He may or may not be working... brick mason. Places are going "Shelter in place"... so I don't know.

I feel for folk that live in a city. Can't go outdoors and stretch your arms w/o someone being there. We only have an acre and people have to yell for me, if I'm not in the house.

Deaf cat was out overnight, night before last. I'm guessing she dinna enjoy it. She was on me all day. I couldn't move w/o kicking her.

Took one of the kittens to the dump the other day. She kept jumping in the trunk of the car, so I put her in a carrier and took her for the ride. A new experience for her. She's been for rides before... all of those trips were interrupted halfway, by a stop at the vet's and being poked, prodding and having something jammed up her butt.

.............. ummmm    Yes, I did bring her back from the dump, too

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Lol.  Keeping my mouth shut on that one.

I like the idea but will not add any names, could you imagine some of the additional whining and wittle feeling being hurt. 

And all along I thought it was mostly adults here, I know I may not be normal or do normal things at times but some of this is silly.  

It's funny when people talk about free speech, well it is if your not on other peoples nickle, like work or a site owned by others. Ask Kaepernick about protesting at work. :o

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's funny when people talk about free speech,

most want to speak freely and can't tolerate others doing so.  To some, free speech is a one-way street. but they must be right because they're all so smart, they tell us that every chance they get. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

most want to speak freely and can't tolerate others doing so.  To some, free speech is a one-way street. but they must be right because they're all so smart, they tell us that every chance they get. 

I do remember one "personality" Mark D, he did not hesitate to inform everyone he was positively the smartest guy in the room, could have been for all we knew but also a problem child at times.

1 minute ago, dtel said:

I do remember one "personality" Mark D, he did not hesitate to inform everyone he was positively the smartest guy in the room, could have been for all we knew but also a problem child at times.

I do remember him.  butted heads at first, but towards the end we could manage a conversation.