Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

no problem here either and actually sorry that he's gone. 

Well in the end he was bent on causing problems which is where the problem came in.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

3 Topics for this thread and you couldn't manage one of them

It seems to be normal now, it's almost expected if all goes normally.

This place is way busier than normal by far.

SO this is what happens when people have plenty of extra time at home and would rather not leave, then get bored.  :huh: 

• Haha 3

Mornin' All

We have a couple of days of sub parr temps and then [they say] Spring is on. Done are winter cold snaps. Mid 80's next week. ... after a coming frost, in a day or two. I don't know what day it is -- right now

that was a very tentative thing before wife's schedule went out the window. She doesn't know when or if she is going in ... or for how long. That webinar, yesterday, was about "the plan" for the state's schools. Raised more questions than answers.

I might go to the lake today. I wore myself out, hacking weeds, yesterday. Was a beauty of a day.  Worked in the cool of the day... and had to nap when it got comfortably warm.

Boy is still pulling 40hrs. They are still getting a few guests. I don't know how the place circumvented to required closures.  I expect him to need to go in. The animals have to be fed. Fences still need fixin'. He's working some cattle at a neighboring ranch, this weekend. Real cowboy stuff.

oh... the night before last

there was a flight of ravens or buzzards. I think ravens.... Anyway, there were at least 50. They all came from a stand of eucalyptus [scary... I didn't need spellcheck] trees. Swirl around and settled back. It was kind of spooky. None of the "Damn seagulls" relieving themselves. I'm a little wary of that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Driving in to work today and seeing the lack of vehicles on the roads is surreal.

To fit the criteria set forth for the thread, you should have said "Driving to work today while drinking my coffee with a splash of bourbon and contemplating how many automotive cables I might sell today and seeing the lack of vehicles on the roads was surreal."  

Seriously, I and many others, understand what you experienced.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't been off the property. Traffic is not something we see. Less now... for sure. No school buses. I did see a delivery truck coming into town. I can see vehicles a mile before they get to town. 

odd thing. If I park on the road, where I can be seen from the house ... you can't see the house, looking back. Maybe at night. I leave the Christmas lights up and use them all year.

I imagine Tucson is quiet. Every place is closed ... nowhere to go. One of the reasons I was been thinking my trip to the lake could be a spin thru the parking lot and gone. If there are too many people there, i will come home. It doesn't take more than 4 or 5 for me to feel that way. I don't see fishing as a social sport. I want to be alone.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2020 at 6:22 PM, dtel said:

Not going to ask them to be nice, will just mess with them from now on.

Many times I just edit a couple words in there post or erase a couple, no one has ever noticed and I have been doing it for months.

I guess no one ever goes back to check what they posted, I can really mess with them like that.  

Ah Ha! :rolleyes:

Now I know what happened to me getting my email notifications.

Had suspicions...

Let me know if I can have them back, admin is unresponsive.

If not, could I put my "handle" back into my sig?

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Ah Ha! :rolleyes:

Now I know what happened to me getting my email notifications.

Had suspicions...

Let me know if I can have them back, admin is unresponsive.

If not, could I put my "handle" back into my sig?

Moderators have no way of changing, stopping or reading anything with PM's or emails in any way, don't know what happened, maby the administrator does I have no clue, but really doubt he bothers. About all we can do is erase words or whole post, or give warning points and ban people, nothing else.

Edit; there have been times in the past when PM's or emails worked off and on, don't know if that is the case or not ?

Makes no difference to me about the handle as long as it does not break the rules. A long time ago they did stop people from adding their whole equipment list as a signature, it was getting crazy trying to scroll through post with some being so long.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

We have no way of changing or reading anything with PM's or emails in any way

I'm assuming that you mean moderators which is correct.  Klipsch Inc can read anything at any time and it states as much in the TOS.  PM's are personal, not private.  All PM's are the property of Klipsch Inc.

• Like 2

If I'm lucky enough to get one of those checks it's going to the c card I don't seem to get a handle on since the hvac debacle last summer. 

That bodum coffee grinder that I loved how consistent the grinds were croaked last week. It would still grind but must have been heating the beans up because the flavor changed. Plus instead of ten seconds it was taking almost thirty. Got a deal.... (usually the only way I'll buy anything) on an extreme overkill machine. So for twenty years almost bought five of those grinders that went from 70 up to 100 dollars now. I almost pulled the trigger on another when I found this new Rancilio for looks like 25% less than normal.

This tank of a grinder will last the rest of my life and I won't have to by anything else except coffee, filters...depending on how I make it and replacement water filters (gotta have good water for everything anyhow)

Rationalization is the root of all of my problems!

facepalm.gif

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm assuming that you mean moderators which is correct.  Klipsch Inc can read anything at any time and it states as such in the TOS.  PM's are personal, not private.

Yes I went and changed it to say moderators, I would imagine Klipsch can see it all but saying the adman probably does not was that I doubt he ever looks at it,  not sure if he looks here very often, he usually needs to be sent a message. Changed that part also.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

We have no way of changing, stopping or reading anything with PM's or emails in any way, don't know what happened, maby the administrator does I have no clue, but really doubt it. About all we can do is erase words or whole post, or give warning points and ban people, nothing else.

Edit; there have been times in the past when PM's or emails worked off and on, don't know if that is the case or not ?

Makes no difference to me about the handle as long as it does not break the rules. A long time ago they did stop people from adding their whole equipment list as a signature, it was getting crazy trying to scroll through post with some being so long.

Thanks, @Chad told me the first time that this happened to me over a year ago that ISPs were flagging "E's" from here. It's noted in his thread about the issue.

Once the flag had been set by the isp then Community. Klipsch. forums  quit sending "E's"

He set it up to work again.   I completely changed ISPs and my E address last summer when google fiber got shut down in this berg by their monopolistic predecessors and I knew we couldn't get it from 500 feet away to my block.

Notified him of this two weeks ago, he looked at the msg but did not respond and I don't appreciate that so I've gone public with it.

Not trying to be confrontational just hoping to get it rectified!!

Made the font on my sig smaller it was what was on my red cap that Carl had some complaints about that I took out. I notice the moniker of the other side on a well known member here now for the past little while now it offends me.... but I think and act as if it's a free country.     Still.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Driving in to work today and seeing the lack of vehicles on the roads is surreal.

I did not take this pic but have never seen it empty, even at 3-4-5 am. 

Cafe du monde

5e7564bb702da.image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks, @Chad told me the first time that this happened to me over a year ago that ISPs were flagging "E's" from here. It's noted in his thread about the issue.

I have no idea how that works to be honest. 

I know many people who work at Klipsch at some point have been asked to work from home, in Hope also, so there is no telling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, CECAA850 said:

Wow, and it'll get worse before it gets better.

Yes it will but it will all pass, the more people stay away from each other the quicker, it just has  to play out.

Louisiana is listed as number 5 of the most people sick, I think much of it has to do with mardi gras and almost everyone out in the streets and the quarter in huge numbers at just about the prime time for it to spread.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Appreciate it Eldon. Yea things could have been shut down since. Don't set up my browser to remember passwords as a security thing so I'll just have to check manually I guess.... or make an extra email addy and add to my e program. That might work for a while, but I dislike aliases also! Just need one E addy.

• Like 2