Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Appreciate it Eldon. Yea things could have been shut down since. Don't set up my browser to remember passwords as a security thing so I'll just have to check manually I guess.... or make an extra email addy and add to my e program. That might work for a while, but I dislike aliases also! Just need one E addy.

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

take me to school john -- what’s an “E”.

I had no idea either, trust me I am NOT the person you want messing with  any of that. :o

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Well that pistol bag I ordered a couple weeks ago showed up in the mail today. 

It was designed in Poland, assembled in Vietnam, then shipped to the UK where it is sold, then shipped to me by Royal Mail and USPS.

So I put on some disposable rubber gloves opened the outer two bags, dumping the pistol bag on the porch table, removing the gloves and shipping bags into the trash which was going out then leaving the pistol bag on the porch. :o

Have no clue if any of that helped but it made feel better. :lol: Nice bag, well made and perfect size.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Nothing big or interesting so far today.

Same here which is a good thing these days, well everyday, I'm happy just to find things to do around here to keep me busy. 

88 degrees and 70 tonight, about the same everyday. But It's nice, at night I can go lay out in the yard/bar in the hammock and it's about the perfect temperature and a little breezy. Been doing this alot lately listening to music.

I'm easily entertained 

• Like 3

trade ya

I have more to do than I want.

"easily entertained"... me too... as long as it doesn't involve a lot of thinking

I can have fun striking a dead bic lighter at a bed of coals in the wood stove.  The flint goes off in little sparks on the coals. If the stove is hot, it will work on the top of the stove. Tormenting the cat/s is always fun.  The job isn't complete until she is hissing, spitting and attacking. Nobody gets too rough and she still comes to me. I do have  scratches, ya get that when you "play" with cats.

Boy bought a pickup... '90 F250 4wd with a big engine...used for pulling trailers around... all I could say was "10mpg". Told him to take it to the shop and have them take look at it. If it is reliable, that will make up [a little] for the fuel consumption.

----------------

it was a cold windy day... it's gonna be frosty tomorrow AM. Pushing 90 next week.... that will be nice. Hope this frost doesn't do too much damage to a few of my bushes/trees. I have lilacs, pomegranates, and Jujube trees all just breaking out.

Wife is pushing for me to prune/trim the one pom into a tree form. It is getting about big enough... and there are a lot of suckers from the base.  Spose that I should go ahead and do it. If the "tree" gets frosted back, there will always be more suckers. That looks like it will be an ongoing process... removing suckers. The mesquite are the same. They really don't want to grow tall. They stay low.  Might have something to do with the sun here.  A lot of plants have instructions telling you to give them "Full Sun"... My hyacinths, for instance, got full sun this year. What I got was a rosette of leaves with a cluster of flowers... no stem. Ya know the Spider Plant? Houseplant.... Put that in the sun and it turns into big crabgrass.

rambling... sorry

• Haha 1

Supplies were getting low on the front lines. Morale was low, panic was setting in.

Today is a good day, reinforcements arrived. The troops are happy and I believe I can see a shine on their face.

rps20200328_134911.thumb.jpg.1f2bf6f6dabc184196b409197edb57af.jpg

rps20200328_134826.thumb.jpg.76cb1a007218163835259049df027d8f.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I got fancy & Italian with the grinder and the trusty Bunn still working this week. Think it is because I got that manual immersion maker just in case that this Bunn ST has worked three times as long than the previous one. It's going on ten years now, they don't even make that model anymore!                                             

Meant to ask you @rplace does the Bonavita feature that tries to simulate the bloom work well?

• Like 3

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I got fancy & Italian with the grinder and the trusty Bunn still working this week.

I am pretty sure I had a similar dream like that the other night ! 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I would not know where to start

I think I might be able to grind beans with that rig.... the rest will draw the i-phone [duh?!?!?!] look from me.

been being quiet today. threw some water at the " garden"..

.I did manage a cheese and mushroom omelette this AM. Tossed a batch of chili together. Lazy dinner.

and   Eat when ya want.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, grasshopper said:

I did manage a cheese and mushroom omelette this AM. Tossed a batch of chili together.

Wish I had mushrooms, cooked some eggs this am with some chopped up jalapenos mixed in, mushrooms in it would have been better.

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Tossed a batch of chili together. Lazy dinner.

and   Eat when ya want.

Nothing wrong with that, sounds good, wife and grandson decided to have stir-fry tonight, some smoked chicken from the other day chopped and some of those frozen stir fry vegetables. That's what happens when they see a couple bags of those vegetables in the freezer, make it up as you go along is what were having. .

• Like 3