Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, sunburnwilly said:

Are you certain we have never met 🤔

Actually No.  but, were you ever in Los Angeles because I've never been to South Carolina or North Carolina. I've spent a lot of time in Vegas and San Francisco too, so we may have met there. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

It is a nice photo, it's not everyday you can get a chance to do that, well normal people anyway. 

I saved that pic when you posted it because I liked it, it's not often you see a band relaxed for a casual pic, plus your in it. Plus you had a cool hat on, you look like you belong.

Steve is the guy you normally do not see in any other Yes pics, well as far as I know.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Actually No.  but, were you ever in Los Angeles because I've never been to South Carolina or North Carolina. I've spent a lot of time in Vegas and San Francisco too, so we may have met there. 

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't know, ever hang out with the band ? :lol:

Not those guy's but there was this 1 time I hung out with Nantucket after the Iron Maiden , Judas Priest show at the Myrtle Beach Civic Center . Hung out all night , from backstage to hitting a dance club to eating pizza with Tommy Reed .Then shooting the stuff with the rest of the band at the Hawaii Kai Motel .

I was almost 16

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

Steve is the guy you normally do not see in any other Yes pics, well as far as I know.

Sadly, this wasn't long before Chris Squire passed away (he is on the far right of the photo).  He heard me talking about his bass and asked me, "What were you saying about my bass?"  I told him the truth, "It is one of the most beautiful instruments that I've ever seen."  He said, "Oh, it's practically plays itself."  I think it was a Rickenbacker 4001but I've read that he played a 4003 ... but I think I'm right. Very nice guy though. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

backstage was pretty lose 

somehow, I'm don't have all the photos on this laptop as I do on my other laptop, but here is one that I like. This was onstage before a HEART concert. I do have photos backstage of Nancy Wilson's guitars, but that must be on the other computer. 

IMG_2834.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

For perspective

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Good music sunburn ... bet they sounded really good live. 

I had never heard of them, they have a good sound, classic, classic rock.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

somehow, I'm don't have all the photos on this laptop as I do on my other laptop, but here is one that I like. This was onstage before a HEART concert. I do have photos backstage of Nancy Wilson's guitars, but that must be on the other computer. 

I love that picture, it's perfect, it makes you feel what it would be like.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, sunburnwilly said:

yep

a whole lotta nope 

That's about as close as I could get, besides no talent I would panic. One time at a wedding someone had me a mic and asked me to give a speech to the married couple, I did it but my knees were shaking and I was not comfortable at all.  

I don't understand why, I have no problem walking up to anyone and talking, or even a group, but to know from the start there all looking at me was different.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's about as close as I could get, besides no talent I would panic. One time at a wedding someone had me a mic and asked me to give a speech to the married couple, I did it but my knees were shaking and I was not comfortable at all.  

I don't understand why, I have no problem walking up to anyone and talking, or even a group, but to know from the start there all looking at me was different.

I'm okay, IF I'm prepared. although my best moments have been on the fly, but I must note they weren't my most COMFORTABLE moments. 

My problem is that I can't remain serious for long, and sometimes jokes don't go over well with everyone. 

I did have to give an impromptu speech at work once and of course, I made it sound like an infomercial and the people loved it. On the ride back to the office, my boss said that if I wasn't careful that I was going to have to speak at all of the quarterly meetings (only about 100 people). I had to give a speech once at an event, I was speaker number 12. They had previously said that we could have visual aids, but that was optional.  So, I didn't prepare anything. EVERYONE in front of me had handouts or powerpoint presentations, so I was getting nervous. How was I going to capture this audience when I didn't have anything prepared? So, I decided to lie.  I stood up there at first and told the biggest whoppers you've ever heard ... and the crowd was at the edge of their seat -- all except my co-worker who was in the front with his hand over his face. BUT, I had their attention from the get go and that is what is important. Afterwards at dinner, this guy that was in the audience was at my table and he said, "When you started talking I thought, that is the baddest dude on the planet."  

• Thanks 1

it's when you get put on the spot...

I took a Speech class... funny, I still can't talk

Drinking last night's coffee and waiting for the sun to come up. It'll be breaking daylight in a few minutes. A little fresh this AM. No frost, though. Not building a fire crossed my mind, but it's still kinda cool for that.

I went to quite a few shows when I was a kid. Never got to meet the band/s. Paul McCartney talked to me at a video shoot location. I was too tired to react. Asked if I was drinking coffee. At 3AM... All I could muster was "Yeah"...

wife went downtown yesterday. She said it was surprisingly busy. Bikers. Bar is closed to sit in... Guess their rest stop was the store.  It is a nice drive from the interstate to here. I guess you could call it scenic. A relaxing drive. Enough turns to keep your attention, but you can see ahead. Not a lot of trees.

• Like 1