Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, rplace said:

Need more info. Don't understand what you are asking?

Afternoon, the Bonavita 1900T and a newer connoisseur have a pre-infusion setting that uses that unique shower head to simulate a pour over slowly thus allowing for a "bloom" like a real pour-over with the convenience of flicking a switch. 

https://bonavitaworld.com/products/connoisseur

Never used one of those chemex things you put on top of a cup, but can get a good bloom if I take the time to "do it right" with the manual immersion that I have.

8:00 places just got me to change my addiction.... it's obviously coffee now!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

have a pre-infusion setting that uses that unique shower head to simulate a pour over slowly thus allowing for a "bloom" like a real pour-over with the convenience of flicking a switch

I read up on it yesterday, and am brewing right now (slept in).

It is blinking so I'm using it. Funny that the other day I noticed it was blinking and thought to myself that it used to be solid red, didn't it. I guess I enabled the feature some time ago without knowing.

Pulsing shower head or not, it by far makes the best drip coffee I've ever had. My friend has a moca master. I need to take my maker and some beans over for a brew-off.

My only complaint is that it takes a while to make a pot. Good things come to those who wait.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mornin' All

Got off the property for a moment, yesterday. Just took a spin through town to see what...

there were a few bikers [push and motor]. That was all.

Wife made tea last night. It didn't start as tea... but that was what she ended up with. Claimed it was made with coffee... couldn't prove it by me. Had to dump it and make coffee this AM.

While I was out, noticed the number of people at the wildlife refuge [a lot] and came to the conclusion that the lake would be the same. Might take a cruise out there to confirm...

When I made the chili the other night, I went to the kitchen and wife sez, "I cooked some fresh pasta".

"Honey, you know I made chili?"

She admitted to wondering why there were beans in the spaghetti sauce....I humored her and put some pasta in the bowl.   SW version of pasta fasul. ..no bell pepper. Instead... green chile, jalapeno and Hatch Green Chile Powder....

Boy says we can get in on a side of beef. I need to crunch some numbers. He said it would cost around $0.70/lb. Sounds too cheap... Not a bad deal if it's not a 10 year old range cow. I don't have the teeth for one of those. Ever had tough hamburger? I swear the soup broth will be chewy.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Boy says we can get in on a side of beef. I need to crunch some numbers. He said it would cost around $0.70/lb. Sounds too cheap... Not a bad deal if it's not a 10 year old range cow. I don't have the teeth for one of those. Ever had tough hamburger? I swear the soup broth will be chewy.

Sounds very fishy, the cow must have died of old age.

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

She admitted to wondering why there were beans in the spaghetti sauce....I humored her and put some pasta in the bowl. 

Chili with pasta, I would have done the same as you. I love pasta, when we make spaghetti sauce I always eat some pasta with just some butter or olive oil with maby some parmesan mixed in.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, babadono said:

So there's only 3 pages of deleted crap?

OK your right, I was not thinking about that happening, signed out and it says 2497.  Dude it's like seeing into the future...............Ok never mind :lol:

I forget about that, anyway something is wrong between my computer and this site, every time I am in this thread and go to sign in, once I sign in  it goes to a page about 30 pages back, but it only in does it in this thread? I got use to it now  it's been going on so long

Well Tartheel what I meant to say was Congratulations on your thread almost being 2500 pages long. :blush:

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, babadono said:

Elden its all good, just messin' with ya. Shoulda put a smiley face on my post.

Hey we're up ta 2498:)

No problem I just forget about that difference.

BUT I just learned something, I checked here than signed in, guess what page it jumped back to after I signed in, 2498. Guess it's something built in? I was thinking it went back further, guess I need to pay attention more........na.

4 hours ago, dtel said:

I love pasta, when we make spaghetti sauce I always eat some pasta with just some butter or olive oil with maby some parmesan mixed in.

Excellent with fresh oregano or basil with the parm or even just fresh tomatos and garlic. 

The thing that kept me with my longest tenured other half was the food home-made pasta. And that handed down starter mix in the cabinet with the pasta maker too.

Was working in an airfreight warehouse nights after painting 7 - 3:30 to keep that one happy (Here's Your Sign!) when Olive Garden quit doing fresh pasta. All of their big machines from the Orlando area came through there going back to the mothership or somewhere where they sold the brass and stainless. Had to palletize those heavy things.

• Like 2

Yeah Chuck

Thanks ?!?

nah nah... I looked to find the thread where folks were having the most fun.

Wonder what surprises wife has for me tonight. She should be home. I'm out in the doghouse and wouldn't notice unless she yells in the door.

I had a productive time... Cut weeds.   I'll pay for that tomorrow.

• Like 3