Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, dtel said:

Sounds very fishy, the cow must have died of old age.

Chili with pasta, I would have done the same as you. I love pasta, when we make spaghetti sauce I always eat some pasta with just some butter or olive oil with maby some parmesan mixed in.

Chili on pasta - oh yeah. Sounds like you will like spaghetti pecorino - spag with butter or olive oil with fresh ground pepper. Oh yeah -

Or try heating up butter until it’s brown - pour over spag with Parmesan already on the spag - salt and pepper. I can eat that till I bust —

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I took my time getting around to liking sauce on my spaghetti. I would eat the meatballs.. but it was just parm on my pasta.

used to go to this Italian joint in SoCal.  Meatballs were about the size of a baseball -- they were five buck a piece, but I was usually getting a huge antipasto salad with it and of course some nice bread. all for the price of your stimulus check.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

used to go to this Italian joint in SoCal.  Meatballs were about the size of a baseball -- they were five buck a piece, but I was usually getting a huge antipasto salad with it and of course some nice bread. all for the price of your stimulus check.

“price of stimulus check”. Sounds like budget Italian by LA terms —

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, richieb said:

“price of stimulus check”. Sounds like budget Italian by LA terms —

the first time I was there was when I was married and my wife liked the place. can't recall why we went, but there was about a half dozen of us and the check was  insanely high. Of course, the bill was put in front of me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JohnJ said:

Of course it was, we always end up paying😆

ain't that the truth.  I once bought a house and gutted most of it.  Four months without a kitchen.  had several helpers and I paid for all the meals. wasn't long before my  American Express card balance was $19K (not all from food, bought some tools along the way).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, JohnJ said:

Hope you were turning it and not moving into it!

I was living in it. made two house payments for a month then moved into the new one. SoCal is NOT the place you want to be paying mortgage and rent ... especially when the mortgage was over $3100 per month ... and this was 13 years ago. 

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

the first time I was there was when I was married and my wife liked the place. can't recall why we went, but there was about a half dozen of us and the check was  insanely high. Of course, the bill was put in front of me. 

Of course it was. It’s easy to spot a man of means —💰💲

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Of course it was. It’s easy to spot a man of means —💰💲

I can't remember the last time that I wore something other than jeans and a t-shirt, and I don't shave regularly ... so I look more like a bum than anything else. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I can't remember the last time that I wore something other than jeans and a t-shirt, and I don't shave regularly ... so I look more like a bum than anything else. 

I know what you mean about picking up the tab. Even when the two kids “take me out” for my birthday guess who pays? Although I always thank them for taking me out to dinner — and do enjoy it.

• Haha 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

Chili on pasta - oh yeah. Sounds like you will like spaghetti pecorino - spag with butter or olive oil with fresh ground pepper. Oh yeah -

Or try heating up butter until it’s brown - pour over spag with Parmesan already on the spag - salt and pepper. I can eat that till I bust —

So there is an official name for it, i was doing well and had no idea.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, richieb said:

I know what you mean about picking up the tab. Even when the two kids “take me out” for my birthday guess who pays? Although I always thank them for taking me out to dinner — and do enjoy it.

Sounds fine, nothing wrong with that, it's your kids. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

I can't fathom payments like those.  Ours is ~$700/month including taxes and insurance

we got the shelter in place. not much adjustment for me. I get off the property once a week. Don't know if wife will need to go to the school, except for/to make study packets for the kids...I'm guessing boy will be home. There are people living at the ranch to feed animals... aren't any guests.

Hope the lake doesn't get so popular that they close it.

• Like 2

Mornin' All.

Nice sunrise this AM.

Watching it out the window of the doghouse.

Formulating a plan for the day. I busted my hump yesterday. Something less vigorous today.  The lake would be nice. Do more bushwacking than fishing. Trails are pretty overgrown.

not in a rush to get out. It's still kinda fresh out. Mid 40's. I have time to make coffee and find out what wife's plan is for today. She says they are supposed to report.

One good thing about the kids getting school at home... the parents have to be involved. And with everything closed, most parents should be around.Give them something to do.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

9 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Sure signs of a middle-class millionaire.  Just sayin'.

21 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yeah Sam Walton was the same way I hear.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

0500 here and WHAT in the world am I doing still awake?  I'm having a WWGH do moment!  To brew or not to brew?  Ohhhh, GrassHopper are you awake yet?  I laid in bed on my stomach for an hour and gave up after the cat crawled between my legs.  No kittens here.  Just  blob laying there keeping me awake.  Yesterday she went into attack mode and started biting my arm to wake me up.  Now this garbage!  Ok, I'm gonna give it ONE more try!  Coffee sure sounds good though!  :)

• Like 2

yeah... I'm up... been up for.. since 2:30A...5:30 your time

Watching tv and avoiding the news as best possible. Wandered out to the doghouse and responding to a couple e-mails...else I would have been "on" earlier

Dave, does the cat have food? Our get ornery when they are hungry.

Wife went grocery shopping with her sister yesterday. She left at 1:30P..... returned at 7PM. I was just a wee upset. We didn't need anything... They spent 4 hours in a grocery store. How do you do that? I wasn't too crazy about her going to start and then to take so long. Women.  The store was fairly well stocked, I guess. No tomato products, though.

• Like 2

Geeze that's not happening to me too much lately, but if I reach 5:00 it's the obligatory water then I'm making coffee.

Ten `till eleven and I'm relaxing for the first time since before 7. Her G-tube would only accept half of the sustenance/Rx then. Tried ten times with every routine including the emergency airplane sized diet coke. When the gastro's nurse called back a half hour ago I tried once more while giving her the rundown and...... voila!:):huh2: 

The darned apparatus started to work correctly and we don't have to go downtown!!

Like making an appt with the doctor and the morning of waking up well. Or taking a kid and having the temperature return to normal by the time you arrive.

Either way it's a load off, & Thank You Sean Lennon for voicing some intelligent thoughts to the sheep.

loud, More Loud, LOUDEST

• Like 2