Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

was just asking my brother if he knew how to do that ... he didn’t.   not sure how to adjust for dosage. Maybe take a one-hit bowlful and put that much in each candy or cookie?

Sure would be a lot cheaper to just buy an ounce and make my own food item.  Haven’t researched how to do it ... maybe i will, since i can’t go anywhere for the foreseeable future.

You may be able to find RSO oil. Rick Smith Oil...

You can use it to add in for baking, cooking, or whatever. It's black, and comes in a syringe marked in CC's.

It'll be spendy for a syringe, but it will last for quite some time....

You'll have to experiment with dosage. 1-2 CC's for a dozen cookies or some such. Start low, and go from there.

Just don't put 3 CC's on your finger and lick it off...you'll be severe nappy time in about 20 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thanks Dave......just chillin here waiting to be sprung.  The new music room is coming along with media storage the concern now.  Also considering a sub out of curiosity.  Maybe a Bluesound Node 2i for streaming with a Amazon HD subscription.  The Sugar Cube from Sweet Vinyl works well enough but I probably should have done streaming first (cheaper and endless selection of music). 

Sent a couple of LPs (Keb Mo and Mandolin Orange) to my bud bluesboy over on the west coast to see how he likes them.  Will talk by phone during happy hour Saturday see what he thinks.

Stay safe gents.......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Tarheel  Haven't really dug into it much but the word I got was Tidal & Roon for streaming.  I think Roon has a 1 year trial for $120.  Bezos has enough $$$.  FWIW.  As I said I'm pretty clueless on it.  With as many albums as I have it's only justified for the one's I don't have.  In a "dunno" mode on it. You can also send me albums anytime just leave a msg when you ask for my thoughts later.  I'll be waiting patiently and promise not to laff too hard when I listen to your vm msg.  😂  You all stay safe now ya here?   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

The new music room is coming along with media storage the concern now.  Also considering a sub out of curiosity.  Maybe a Bluesound Node 2i for streaming with a Amazon HD subscription. 

I don't know if you have any digitized music stored on a USB drive or NAS or the like but if you do you MUST install Roon. I'm on day 4 of my 14 trial period and for sure will be a long term user. It is the single greatest thing I've seen in music since the invention of the Marshall Stack. Mesmerizingly cool interface and wonderful way to waste 10 hours at a clip. Works for streaming services too, but with your own music you find all those gems you forgot about. Really cool feature is you play a song you like it will keep adding to your queue things it thinks are similar. Fantastic to put on Grant Green's Idle Moments and then just let Roon do it thing.

Roon1.thumb.JPG.caa5f2419ae6661602c4e54f8437f2ec.JPG

Roon3.thumb.JPG.970fb6705f2be804087bd99b8463d52a.JPG

Roon2.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

was just asking my brother if he knew how to do that ... he didn’t.   not sure how to adjust for dosage. Maybe take a one-hit bowlful and put that much in each candy or cookie?

Sure would be a lot cheaper to just buy an ounce and make my own food item.  Haven’t researched how to do it ... maybe i will, since i can’t go anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Tea, anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@Tarheel  Haven't really dug into it much but the word I got was Tidal & Roon for streaming.  I think Roon has a 1 year trial for $120.  Bezos has enough $$$.  FWIW.  As I said I'm pretty clueless on it.  With as many albums as I have it's only justified for the one's I don't have.  In a "dunno" mode on it. You can also send me albums anytime just leave a msg when you ask for my thoughts later.  I'll be waiting patiently and promise not to laff too hard when I listen to your vm msg.  😂  You all stay safe now ya here?   :)

Don't know anything about Roon.  Just don't like the idea of contributing to Jay Z on Tidal.  Plus I have Amazon Prime making it affordable.

• Like 3

On 4/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, sunburnwilly said:

should be that way.

I went to the lake... Parking lot to capacity and frig people camping. ...and more coming as I was leaving.

so much for "stay home"...  the only reason for the folks to be camping is if they have an infected individual in their house... and especially then, they should stay home. They could be carriers. Not a new concept

does Typhoid Mary ring any bells?

I shot the governor an e-mail suggesting he limit numbers of people at recreational facilities. The state parks that you need to pay to get into have a gate and attendants. Our lake doesn't fit that.

rant over.

my spring flowers are getting fragrance

not that bad, but we're getting there. they need a little more time to develop their full fragrance...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

in some circles, skunk is a pleasant odor... Not me.  I have some, that after 3 years of "mellowing" are near almost palatable. It smelled/tasted like a tire fire... Any good? I dunno... Couldn't stand to smoke it.

I think skunk is just the name or term, as in strong smell ? I couldn't see how the real skunk smell could ever pass. Now if it really did smell like skunk I wouldn't blame you. :unsure2:

You can pass a dead skunk on the highway @ 80 MPH with the windows up and still smell it, pretty amazing really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Listening to a little Keb Mo and drinking some Cabernet. 

Talked to my bud bluesboy on the other coast and caught up on the music/equipment news.

A beautiful day here pruning some azaleas and box woods and soon to have some fresh Tuna with fried green tomatoes. 

Stay safe Gents..........

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I think skunk is just the name or term, as in strong smell ? I couldn't see how the real skunk smell could ever pass. Now if it really did smell like skunk I wouldn't blame you. :unsure2:

You can pass a dead skunk on the highway @ 80 MPH with the windows up and still smell it, pretty amazing really.

oh no...

there are some strains that do smell very similar to skunk "perfume". For the most part, tastes better than it smells. Not this tire fire crap.

dead skunk in the middle of the road... thought that was Jim Stafford... Nope.. London Wainwright

I drove over one, a fresh one. Did not hit it with the tires. Could still smell it in the car when I went thru the BP checkpoint... 5 miles later and I had the windows open the whole way. My eyes were watering..

I can tolerate a certain amt of the smell. We had a "pet" skunk living here for several months.Ate and played with the cats. We never had a major [smell] problem with it. You would notice it come home after a hard night. Never discharged here, tho.  I relocated it for fear of rabies. Told wife that if the vet would give it a rabies vaccination, it could stay. The vet wasn't going for it.   Helpful hint when live trapping them. Use the smallest trap they will fit in.If they can't lift their tail, you won't get blasted. Learned that with the first one... I moved several. 4 or 5. Would rather deal with them over 'coons. Had to transplant a few of them , too. Coons can get mean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1