Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

oh no...

there are some strains that do smell very similar to skunk "perfume".

Well apparently I never had that before, easy to remember smell like that.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Tuna ... one of my favorite meals. I'll take a Tuna steak over a beef steak any day. 

Yes and raw please. 

• Like 5

Skunk you say?  Had some baby skunks under the mess hall @ Ft. Benning once.  One of the cooks said he was going to take the scent bag outta one of them.  Naturally we didn't believe him.  Had a guy in our barracks who had a habit of just flopping down on his bunk.  We'd taken the springs out of it a few times and got him but a skunk scent bag?  Somehow we alllll happened to be outside one night and the dude went in to flop.  Yup, he was a bit late finding the scent bag partially under one of the metal legs.  Glad I had a room downstairs.  Nasty just nasty.  :)

• Haha 4

At the other place, I had one go nuclear under the house. I had to leave .... I had the windows open and was burning incense for a couple weeks.  Amazing how that lingers.

Hope to get some listening time today. I don't really think that is going to happen, though. The garage system ain't getting it. The R15Ms are OK, but...not compared to LS.  Wife keeps telling me I can listen to music... And I keep telling her I can't. She thinks listening is barely able to hear it. I am liking to feel the music.

Have something interesting, but may not pass the religion/politics code of conduct..So I won't

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

no! not at all

if your wives/gf get jealous...

simply tell them,"If I don't look, it means I've lost interest [in sex]... you wouldn't like that, would you?"

Hanging in the doghouse... again. It is my "office".

Lookin' at my R/C helicopters... I wonder if can still fly the things. The ones that I built/modified are like hot rod sports cars. Responsive and fast.  To a certain extent, they are like piloting a boat. There tends to be a lag between command and response, .  You "tell" it to turn and it will get there... but not immediately. You have to lead them. If you don't, that lag I spoke of will end with your toy going SPLAT. The mods I did reduce the lag, not eliminate it. I have one model that is for beginners. You have to constantly need to induce movement. Will hover w/o your hands on the controls. The ones I fixed... you have to command it to stop and hands off hover... not today. Holding it in a hover is tricky.

today's music... finished with some Norah Jones and into metal.

w/o going into details

a group says we will have to deal with a meteor striking Earth this week.This is not a recent prediction... hundreds of years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

no! not at all

if your wives/gf get jealous...

simply tell them,"If I don't look, it means I've lost interest [in sex]... you wouldn't like that, would you?"

a group says we will have to deal with a meteor striking Earth this week.This is not a recent prediction... hundreds of years ago.

Thanks. We can use all the good news we can get —

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

let's see if I can figure out the photo processing in Linux. Unloaded my card into the machine. Seems to go into bulk storage. Then I need to choose which images I want to go into photos... I could look up the instructions, but if it's in computerese, it will be of no help. I'll just fumble around until I get where I want. That's how I learn.

• Like 3

Ribeye with shrooms, red wine, garlic and butter in the iron skillet plus broccoli on the side fed me yesterday and today. 

Tried the cookies with hot tea tonight, didn't want coffee again today.... not too sweet!!

IMG-20200405-200844.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ribeye with shrooms, red wine, garlic and butter in the iron skillet plus broccoli on the side

Similar last night 

Strip over truffle oil and rosemary seasoned fries with a shallot and red wine sauce . Side shrimp cocktail and captains wafers subbed for veg 🤪

CWzogLr3Qf6fWBStLPx94w.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

Similar last night 

Strip over truffle oil and rosemary seasoned fries with a shallot and red wine sauce . Side shrimp cocktail and captains wafers subbed for veg 🤪

CWzogLr3Qf6fWBStLPx94w.jpg

get rid of the brown stuff and use Ketchup and that’s a meal fit for a king. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Mine were thin like that also, perfect for the stove treatment. Have horseradish and ketchup, gotta get some steamed shrimp next time I go out probably towards the end of the week. Don't like steaming them at home it's kind of like roasting garlic!

@BigStewMan you did read what he made that "brown stuff" with?

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yes i saw that. i’d be dipping bites of the steak in the cocktail sauce. oh yeah, i love ketchup & horseradish sauce mixed together. 

I love also but would skip it with steak unless it needed to be covered with a different flavor as in last resort. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, BigStewMan said:

i understand that, but i really dig the taste of ketchup ... i mean, i really dig it. 

I know and I wouldn't I expect anything else. 

You should rally have a collection of all the different types, there are many, a real fan would. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1