Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, richieb said:

I’d watch that show - The Life and Times of a Ketchaholic - 

I'd watch it, it would be funny.

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

not a chance ... my tv days are over ... and there was only one of them. 

Alright what was it ?

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

because its labeled refrigerate after opening

Well that's a good reason, could be why I like it cold. I guess at one point i read it and just did it ever since, just use to it cold because it always is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Alright what was it ?

a bit part in a movie called The Courts-Martial of Jackie Robinson. Actually, was just an extra, but i did have the screen all to myself for a couple of seconds. Played one of Jackie’s college baseball teammates. Just did it for fun, had never done anything like that, so i figured why not. A lot of standing around doing nothing and that went on for a 12 hours. Didn’t even return for day two of filming. some good chow was served though. Got to interact with the star Andre Braugher some. Coincidence, there is an actor named Stan Shaw that played Joe Louis in that movie. Years later, he & my brother became friends. 

Could have been an extra in The Hunt for Red October (would have been one of the Russian sailors when the sub is being evacuated) but wasn’t interested in buzzing my hair. 

Was going to be in the intro for a detective show, but the show got the axe before filming even started. That would have been cool because then you would have got to see my mug before every episode began. 

so pretty much a whole lot of nothing ... just a fun day trying something new and then going back to my normal boring life. 

• Like 5

Mornin' All

Yeah, Steve. Lot of standing around... Lots of, "OK good... Now lets do it again".

It took hours to get the stuff needed to do the "Stranglehold" vid.  I think I could sing the song backwards. I got plowed when I was in "Gus Brown and Midnight Brewster".

....when you see folks with a drink in a movies, all of the drinks are fake, except beer. My job was to stand at the bar and drink a beer. Warm Coors is nasty stuff

I have, what used to be, a normal day ahead. wife is going to work for the day... only 2 people in the school at a time.... I will get to listen to the good stereo!

tomorrow.. who knows?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dtel said:

I love also but would skip it with steak unless it needed to be covered with a different flavor as in last resort. 

my sentiments, exactly.

general comment on sauces on meat...

if the meat is any good, it should not need sauce to cover the flavor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was only in one movie   I know of.  An Indian's game.  The one with Charlie Sheen in it.  Signs @ every entrance releasing them from "rights" if you entered.  Yea, there was the back of our heads behind home plate for two seconds.  Guess I really did miss my calling in the movie industry.

Ketchup you say?  Yanno what gets me about ketchup?  Ya open a bottle and and put it in the fridge then 3 months later you go back to the bottle and it's all a gunky brown looking.  Right?  Now IF you have a lil packet of it laying in a drawer or in the fridge it's fine two years later!  Things that make ya go hmmmm?  Prolly NEVER a problem @ Steve's!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Was only in one movie   I know of.  An Indian's game.  The one with Charlie Sheen in it.  Signs @ every entrance releasing them from "rights" if you entered.  Yea, there was the back of our heads behind home plate for two seconds.

I'm in the crowd scene in the remake of A Star is Born.... at the 20 yard line opposite end of the field.  Was a cheap concert as an way to get SunDevilStadium full.  A boogie band kicked off the show at 7:30.....AM. I think BrownsvilleStation.   Was an all day affair. Wound up with Santana and Frampton.

• Like 4

Been using barbeque sauce on the tater tots lately, haven't made fries in a while don't use it on fish either.

Have to check the date on my ketchup when I grab it out of the fridge ;)

..... now the mustard does not ever go bad around me!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2