Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I really had a good day and got to listen to music. The music part had more to do with it than anything. I'm sure most of us are that way. Music is just good stuff.

I don't listen to the system critically. I am very satisfied with what I have.

Bingo. Super bingo....better than super bingo!  The only thing better than this is to have MORE listening areas! More and various listening areas in and around the house.

It's great to be perfectly happy with what you have, not always normal here but I would bet what most people are using is the best sound they have had. Positively for me.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Might should I start a new thread?:?

Entitled something like-

What FULLY SATISFIES  you in  audio reproduction?

If you want, but that's kind of a tough question to answer.

• Like 3

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Please send three orders to my home thank you very much! Soo hungry now!

Yes, things like that are the reason I had to leave the other food thread, the pictures were hard to look at.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I won't fight you for the chicory coffee. I'm sure it's good... just not to my liking. We're finishing off a bag ArivacaBlend [light/dark roast].  Mexican on deck.

we had pot roast stir fry... the potatoes went in ,too. Expand those leftovers. May not sound good, but the wife is good at these things. I let her do the Asian style food....She learned from  the real Asian cooks. Spent 6 months in Malaysia... I do most everything else. Been scrambling to use the perishables wife brought from the store. We have a turkey squirreled away in the freezer. Depending on how things go, I can see it getting cooked soon. Slipping it into the Weber sounds good. Boy has a double barrel smoker/grill.. smoked turkey sound pretty good, too. No jokes about a big enough rolling paper and keeping it lit. Last [first] one I did ... I ate the whole thing myself.... not married at the time. Didn't have to share.

back to the new normal.  Wife will be working from home for a few days.

Up at 4AM... Feel like I slept in... did compared to getting up at 2;30 - 3AM. We have a couple days of cooler weather ahead. Calling for a little liquid sunshine. Not enough to do much good beyond knocking the dry smell off.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Acquired taste.

During hurricane Rita we got low on coffee.  All the stores were closed so a friend gave me a pound of Community coffee with chicory.  We had no other coffee so I powered through that can.  I never could make myself like it and really tried to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

OK.  Thanks!

Which audio SOURCES are the best (for you)?

never claimed to be normal.........

For us it's a subscription to Pandora, better bit rate than free and you can pick single songs like other services or whole albums, plus it has that feature that finds similar songs which is handy after having it a long time. And when I want something better it's CD's or DVD/BR's. And sounds good overall.

Partly because of how we listen, the music goes on in the morning and stays on until at night when someone wants to watch Tv. Kind of a convenience thing with than many hours. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Acquired taste.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

During hurricane Rita we got low on coffee.  All the stores were closed so a friend gave me a pound of Community coffee with chicory.  We had no other coffee so I powered through that can.  I never could make myself like it and really tried to.

It's not for everyone, but if it's mostly all you have ever had it's good, other coffee now taste like it's missing something to me, kind of flat. 

Habit's left over from the depression are still holding on it seems.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Do you feel like you are having special coffee when you get chicory with it?

chicory isn't particularly widely served.... is it?

Well yea it's special, for me anyway it would be like trying to give Steve food with NO ketchup, it's just not the same. 

They do sell Chicory by itself for people who want to add it to other brands.

https://www.communitycoffee.com/products/coffee/12-oz-ground-pure-chicory

12oz-ground-pure-chicory@2x-604.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's not for everyone, but if it's mostly all you have ever had it's good, other coffee now taste like it's missing something to me, kind of flat. 

Habit's left over from the depression are still holding on it seems.  

no the civil war

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

no the civil war

Didn't realize that, was told it was during the depression to stretch the coffee, that part was true. Had no idea where it originated, until now, thanks. Wanted to see how old and where it started so I looked it up, to be surprised again. 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/chicory-coffee-mix-new-orleans-made-own-comes-180949950/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1