Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I feel for you... a little

We're having our last day in the 80's...  Sposed to have a few days of 90's   and then

100` is predicted for next week.

A couple days short of record long time between 90` days....  if it hits 100 next week, it will be record early... We get to be comfortable for a few days between

guess I best get the "pool" ready.

Yeah Dave, I was up "late". .. and got up late, too. Rolled out at 5.

Tossing cutting some flowers around. Only holdup is the seed not being ripe.   One thing crazier than paying $200+ for an oz of weed is paying $20 per seed. Yes, people pay that much and more. A pedigree is no guarantee of quality. The reverse is also true.

Wife is going in, again, today Admin stuff.  Honestly, I think her assistant just wants to visit. I keep telling wife to call her every couple days. She is all alone. I barely know the woman, I like her... East coast "lady". Her habits are similar to mine. She gets up around 4A, too. She's a professional chef. I offered to be her sioux [sp?] chef when she goes to Hawaii. No idea why she is wife's admin assistant. Anyway, I call her periodically, just to see how she is doing and talk story.

up and at 'em

Isley Bros "Shout" came on... Not too early for it

• Like 3

Butch wax was used to keep crew cuts straight up. That's all I know about it. Nailed the rest of 'em.

I happened to  like both BlackJack and Teaberry gum.

I remember penny candies

Sputnik gum and the black jujube kids. Not PC to call them what we knew them as...

#11 test patterns was a Cheech and Chong joke

"I'm watching an Indian movie"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the 10 oz bottles of soda...

not so old

17 cent hamburgers at mickyD's 

Pinball 3games/quarter...  or 10 cent/game

pack of cigs for 50cents from a machine. 35 cents, if you went to the supermarket. That was around '70

... and I have a stack of 78RPM records

random association

was noticing on the network news, Al Roker's "home set" has lp's on a shelf behind him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

pack of cigs for 50cents from a machine. 35 cents, if you went to the supermarket.

When I was little we'd drive from New York to Florida for vacation.  I believe that it was in Virginia that we'd see the most advertisements to buy cigarettes.  They were $1.59 a carton.  This was in the early 60's.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

When I was little we'd drive from New York to Florida for vacation.  I believe that it was in Virginia that we'd see the most advertisements to buy cigarettes.  They were $1.59 a carton.  This was in the early 60's.

I watched a woman check out, right in front me in line, 1 carton of 200 smokes,10X20. Register said $119.99 and she was short a couple of bucks.

I thought she was going to cry so I kicked in. I don't agree but what are you gonna do?

• Like 2

Remembering gas wars when some stations got to 17.9.  The Sinclair station were I would get $2.00 worth, the owner had a black lab named Pal.  When dinner time rolled around Pal with get his bowl, a can of food, and the can opener.....one at a time.  That was 55 years ago so I'm pretty sure Pal is in doggie heaven.

• Like 2