Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' All

cold coffee... room temp... might be 60` in the house.  Another day in the mid 90's coming... then, it gets hot for a couple days. The r/h makes it tolerable, if you are in the shade. You don't notice perspiration... it dries before you notice wet. Ya build a salt crust.

Our one cat had me laughing last night. He wanted out and wife had other ideas. Poor Oso [I call him Bozo]... He run up to the door full tilt like he is going to run thru  it...Skid to a halt. Heaven forbid you be in his way....he would have knocked you down.... "Look out,  here he comes". He made 4 or 5 circuits thru the house before he settled down.... conceded. His sister is our deaf cat... might indicate a genetic mental problem?jk jk

he's a very nice cat. Kid used him for her baby doll.She'd pick him up and put where and how she wanted, "You stay there"... and he did

think I need to get off the property. Going sane...  Don't know if I want to brave the lake. Fishing is not a social sport for me. Come to think... there isn't much I do that is social... I enjoy people... don't seek them out, for the most part. This is me being social.

Kinda chuckled at the boy. He was cooking. I had to leave before he got to the stove.  he was cutting veggies when I left. He was using "the black knife"... my knife. It is very very sharp. It's a slicer. You can fillet a fish with it... a small fish. Anyway... he was making a lot of work out of these veggies. I wanted to grab the knife and show him how it's done.  He was resistant to advice, so I shut up and watched/listened to the fun.

....  bet the kid knows her way around the kitchen better than he does. She watches and helps me cook.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Put the top down on the Bubble and went to the ABC store for a half gallon of vodka.  The stopped at the grocery store for wings to cook.  Getting to be more like Randy Travis every day except I had clothes on and driving a Z4 not a truck.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Put the top down on the Bubble and went to the ABC store for a half gallon of vodka.  The stopped at the grocery store for wings to cook.  Getting to be more like Randy Travis every day except I had clothes on and driving a Z4 not a truck.

PM sent. I wish you would of answered me back, before you picked up the Vodka.🤣 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

an article hinting that smokers may have some advantages against covid. I highly doubt it, but, what a twist in the plot is it's true...

i’m beginning to think that there are just a lot of people in society that love to hear the sound of their own voice.

i’m with you, i highly doubt it. Not sure what the temperature of inhaled smoke and you’re not holding it in long enough to kill anything even if it is hot enough. 

when my lungs got mad at me and stopped working properly, i thought that if i got high enough that i’d forget that i was having trouble breathing. Spoiler Alert:  That doesn’t work. 

I’ve gotten better some over the years thank God; nowhere near back to normal, but not as bad as those first 10 years which were brutal and included countless hospital visits. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 5:31 PM, Tarheel said:

Welcome to the forum! Do you grind your beans?  Drip or percolate?  Not talking instant coffee are you?

Hi, thank you :)

At home I drink pure ground coffee, without sugar and milk. I used to make it in a geyser coffee maker, but then I just began to pour coffee with boiling water and insist. The taste is softer, there is no burnt taste. And my favorite coffee is Segafredo :) here is photo

Edited by henrietta
  • Like 4

Mornin' All

how's everyone?

Hi @henrietta

we didn't scare ya off... good!

gonna "break the ice' on the SantaCruzRiver today. Nothing exciting about that, except it being a month early.... and a week after our first 90` day. Will need to close the house up in a few minutes. Keep that 55` indoors... Haven't filled the "pool", yet.

Spent 1/2 hour picking burrs out of Scooter's tail.She does a pretty good job on herself, but, the poor cat has hair 4in long on her tail ... Good thing she enjoys the attention. Chuckie, the other kitten, has shorter, not short... shorter, hair and stays clean..

spotify is slow as... must be the site...taking forever to load...was buffering like crazy last night. So much for streaming music in the doghouse. Finally loaded. Let's see how this goes.

Feeling good the AM... no good reason.

I have two coffee cups out here. They both have the same problem... empty. Yeah, I'm in the doghouse. That's how I keep "quiet"... I make noise somewhere else. Think I have got the sub dialed in... Not running it on the sub out. That will be the next experiment. Part of the problem is the A/V receiver... the display is about gone. You can only see it in the dark.  A lot of work to make these baby speakers sound good. .. well, better. I can't say I've been disappointed with them. They are entry level stuff. Just makes me appreciate the LS, when I get to listen to the house system. Still half heartedly looking for an upgrade for the doghouse. Amp and speakers. Seeing a couple H/Ks on the local CL. They're in Phoenix. Don't know that I care to drive up there for a $100 amp.  Yeah, I know... I made a 4000 mile r/t for the LS... no regrets

Well

the sun is about to show. Best go in and close up the house... and get more coffee. Should just bring the pot out here.

• Like 2

brought two cups of coffee out here. Cut some flowers to freshen the place up.  These aren't those stinky ones. This strain actually smells good. Not stoner "good".. floral good. Like gardenias. I hope the seed is ripe.

coffee is gone... Finished before it got cold. Spose I could set it in the sun and keep it warm. Getting into that oppressively sunny season.

Wife was saying that the boy [has some medical background -- medic attached to special forces] thinks I may have had "it" already. That was in Dec/Jan... Dr said acute bronchitis... Not out of the realm of possibility. Can't say the thought hadn't crossed my mind.... after the fact.  I have to be near dead before I consent to Dr visits.

• Like 2

Fun day running around yesterday.  Slipped down to Cbus for an eye appointment w/my gorgeous lil Spanish doc who'd had her baby.  Smelled great checking out my eyeballs w/her magnifier.  I just kept telling her to come closer and she kept laffing at the dirty old man.  lol  She loves her music so last time turned her on to Nils Lofgren and she loved his "Live" lp.  This time it was the Doors and "Isle of Wight"  ha!  Then hit a nursery down there for goodies and stopped for a carry-out fried bologna & onion rings http://gandrtavern.com/ .  Bestest on the planet!  Fired up the gas and cranked a few last night!  Slept til 1 today?  That's nuts!  Buddy's coming over to give me a hand painting this living/dining room so it's game ON!  About time I get this place done!  Talk about major work?  Gonna be a double ugh!

• Like 3