Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' All

sun's up... run   hide

103` today... I'll be running around the garden with the hose, chasing wilting plants. Lost a few seedlings yesterday..... not a big deal... I don't/won't pay $20/seed.. that is frig crazy.

Looks as if I'm gonna have the house/property to myself for a couple days. Boy has to watch the ranch while the owners are out of town. Wife is going to the school and then overnight at the ranch... Boy has the kid and she will be out there, too. So, I have tomorrow and some of Saturday to bother the neighbors...

Got sucked into one of the covid threads.... Watching folks going after each other is not what I care for.  Was hoping differences could be put aside to solve a problem that belongs to all of us...  I won't make that mistake, again... I could go off on a big rant, but... what good would it do.

Cleaning the coffee maker and putting a fresh charcoal filter in it.

Talked to #1 sister in IN... She was saying the weather is just wonderful... 40`, wind and rain..My favorites. I'll suffer the heat, thank you. We have today... and then it cools down

to 95`. Average is around 85`.

• Like 3

oh hey

I'm having fun... moved two wheelbarrows of rock to finish column #6 [of 8]. I'm done for the day. Temp says so.

In some ways, having all these projects is keeping me out of trouble. ... and that is marginal

Wife was talking pot roast tonight. I politely changed the menu..... How about burning some chook in the Weber. Marinate it in vinegar/oil salad dressing....It's breast... can use all the help it can get.  OK... I know some of you are "Chook????" ---- Aussie for chicken

need to make bread today... love the bread machine.  One of these days I'll learn to do it proper... In the past, all of my attempts resulted in vegetable based bricks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yup.

I could do it...That would be an upgrade from LS

prolly need to upgrade the wife, if I was to buy a pair.

She was the one that said, "You already have some of those" when I was talking about getting another pair of LS.

I don't have Jubes....

• Haha 3

so, that is what Mike looks like before his coffee.

I look like that all the time...

Mornin' All

I get a couple days off. Today, tomorrow and part of Sunday, too. Wow! The property to myself.... and 8 cats and 2 dogs...

MayDay... time for our annual idiot contest.  "Kids" from all around the area congregate in the national forest, sit in the dirt and see how high they can get... for three days. Like Woodstock w/o [organized] music. And then they hike to the top of MontanaPeak.

Wonder if ... oh, what am I thinking... it's an idiot contest, of course they will have their party..

It clouded over yesterday. We didn't get to 103` as predicted. It only made 101`. You can really feel the difference ---not. W/o the sun trying to burn a hole thru you, was appreciated. Can't say the r/h went up with the cloud cover... Still hovering around 10%.

Coffee tastes "funny" after cleaning the machine and replacing the charcoal filter. Yes... I did rinse the vinegar out... Must be the filter removing that tap water taste we are used to. Funny the things we get used to....

Niece was complaining to the wife about this remote schooling scheme. The assignments for her kindergartener was crazy... aside from the fact that K is now treated as an academic year.. She has two other kids. One a special ed and a high schooler, all with similar amts of "homework"... we aren't talking homework homework... stuff that is taught in classroom, by trained professionals...  She's trying to keep all 3 on task, and prepare meals, do housekeeping...... Maybe realistic, if you only have one child... multiple kids, another story. These aren't statewide requirements.. it is district by district. Most are much more relaxed.

• Like 2

Going to meet a small group for lunch.  Take out and then tailgating with a parking space between each vehicle.  Trying to support one our family owned places.

The down side is they serve mostly high carb food (hot dogs, cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings) and I have been doing low carb for ten days and have lost 6 pounds.  May take a bite or two but make a donation anyway.

• Like 3

Had my cleaning lady over yesterday and filled things out for both her and her daughter to get their stimulus checks.  She now owns her mom's house, which is nice but none of them have squat.  If it wasn't for her son washing dishes @ a pizza shop and helping out they'd be sunk big time.  None of them are sharp enough to get a job and both the mom and her daughter have medical/mental problems.  None of them drive and she rides her bike everywhere.   They have a 10 year old laptop w/no virus protection soooo called her a bit ago and told her to stay off the email w/all the scams out there.  Opened the freezer and loaded her up before I took her back to her place.  Good deed for the week.

Might take the day off and crank a few tunes and "think" about painting this place.  Now's the time around here.  Buddy who paints is supposedly coming over yet his van was sitting at his mom's place yesterday.  Thinkin I just may as well suck it up and break out the drop clothes and go.  Ugh.

Wish I were safe distancing sittin in a parking lot suckin down hot dogs w/ketchup and eatin fries.  Would even be a hoot watchin kids w/the grasshopper.  I don't get it w/kids today.  Laffed hard one day campin w/my buddies kids.  Gonna roll a "blunt."  One of the kids somehow shoved a quarter ounce in a cigar wrapper, lit it and shared it with 3 others.  10 minutes later they were doing it again.  Just shook my head. so I can totally relate w/grasshopper about today's kids.  Insane!  Gonna make "their" mark on society cause we didn't know what we were doing back in the day.  Ha!

Now I'm feeling worthless...  hahahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'll be leaking a LOT I'm sure.  My ladder days are long gone and I'm not gonna drive a roller.  A lil butt work slidin around on the floor is a piece of cake.  I can run w/the best of 'em and no painter likes to cut.  I loved the challenge of it and once you learn how it's cake.

• Like 2

Happy Saturday morning all. 3 cups o' joe down and ready to get to work. Dry and warm enough around these parts (finally) that roundup may do some good. After that back to wall building, going to run out of block today. I under estimated what I was going to need, oops. Well I guess it's better than having too much. Later.

• Like 3