Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

my day ended early

cutting weeds, I clipped one of the kittens with the whip sickle . She is OK... I'm a wreck   I didn't catch her in the power stroke. She was out of my sight, watching too closely... Scared/worried me half to death... Yeah.. I get that way

went to see what good was at the used food store. Brought home lunch. Salmon, wild rice and a Caesar salad. Box lunch things from Sprout's [not affiliated]..

Looks like I will be learning to make tortillas. Yeast is getting hard to find/get. That and do sour dough bread. Our local sour dough isn't very sour... That's OK... I just do not like bread that turns to a gummy doughball and sticks to the roof of my mouth.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Salmon, wild rice and a Caesar salad.

That sounds good, grand kids here so tonight it's chicken spaghetti, one of there favorites.

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Never was one that went for those joints.

It's been years, mainly when people were in town we went as a group if they wanted as we walked around the quarter.

A couple times just me and the wife, but you have to be careful which ones, some are really rough. There was only one we ever went to, it is nicer, Ricks, the only one that is traded on the NY stock exchange, also better looking "employees". 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes.

A couple onions, about 6 cloves of garlic all chopped up and cooked in a little oil, 6 boneless chicken breast cut in bite size pieces and added. After a little while add sauce and cook for a while until it slightly thickens a little but mostly to make sure the chicken is fully cooked.

• Like 3

mine is.

I bet it's called cacciatore or something like that.The family recipe used wings... then they got expensive.  I use thighs... bang for buck....

In this house, its chicken spaghetti, too. Made the same as with burger or meatballs.

I used to spend some time in "gentleman's clubs".... I was dating the DJ/house  mother.  Can't say I didn't have fun. $10 would last me all evening. Enjoyed the music. The gal I was dating had good taste in music. Her  choices in men was questionable --- me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

I'm not a fancy person, prefer comfortable and relaxed instead, so we call it chicken spaghetti. :lol:

Some one visiting once asked if the looks of the large speakers in the living room ever offended anyone who came over ?

I told her if whoever comes over is offended by anything at all, please leave and don't come back, we wouldn't want you offended.

It's a house rule, we have things like we want, not to please others. Were to old for that :pwk_bs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I'm not a fancy person, prefer comfortable and relaxed instead, so we call it chicken spaghetti. :lol:

Some one visiting once asked if the looks of the large speakers in the living room ever offended anyone who came over ?

I told her if whoever comes over is offended by anything at all, please leave and don't come back, we wouldn't want you offended.

It's a house rule, we have things like we want, not to please others. Were to old for that :pwk_bs:

how about a photo of your living room speakers.

I’m so not fancy either ... except when i travel, i like to stay in nice hotels. My ex-wife got me started on that. Took her to a cheap hotel in Vegas once and when she walked into the room she said, “Don’t ever take me to a place like this ever again.”  

Went to a cheap motel one time and looked as if there were blood stains on the wall.  I joked that the only thing missing was a chalk drawing of a body on the floor. No more of those types of joints for me ... that was before my OCD became a problem, now I need nice and clean hotels. 

• Haha 5

• Moderators

I don't blame you with the hotel room, for us it does not have to be fancy but clean yes.

I don't really have any pictures of the room with the new sub in it, but there is one from one side. It was taken to show the forte's but only the center and front left is in the pic, and how the Tv was mounted. don't remember why

I need to take some new ones from the back. 

speakers (52).jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

how about a photo of your living room speakers.

You forgot what Christy likes in her den? :lol:

& that Eldon seems happy to oblige?

I saw the diagram a year or two ago with upper and lower front - back Fortes. Then came the one of a kind center SUB dialed in by the man himself! Then the drool worthy MWM's L & R. Are those Jube HF drivers?   Like the big screen also!

Wish I wasn't fancy myself!!

• Haha 3

Mornin' All

another fresh AM... Saw the low yesterday... 47`. Similar this AM.  Don't think the house got over 80`. Outside --100`. Mind you, we don't have A/C or even a swamp box cooler. We have several swamp boxes... 4. None hooked up. No real need. The only time we might use them, they won't work. Rainy season.

The only person I have to please, in the house, is the wife. I kinda think she conceded to the LS. She says she likes them - the looks. The folded horn disguises them from being simply big speakers.

Hyperextended my knee last night. Gimping around. Guess I'll be taking the day off. Wife will be at the school today.  Admin work. Like the joke about the cows coming and going ... but, the bull goes on forever. Should be wrapping it up for the school year. They're normally out the last week of May.

Kitten is fine.

With the "meat shortage", I bet we see a lot of local butchering. They were saying that beef on the hoof is down to $1/lb.  The processing plants are stuffed up. This is something [the local processing] that may stick around after things settle down. 

I saw a miracle gro ad touting "Victory gardens"... that's what we used to call my garden choice/s...

well... sun is up and this damn coffee cup is still empty.

• Like 4

On 5/4/2020 at 7:31 PM, dtel said:

Yes he is, he just ran in saying paw paw I caught  fish, all he had was a lure. It's tiny but it's his second one today, and ever. So I got the i pad and took his pic, he wants to send it to his mom.

Yes nonstop, with his spider man fishing pole.

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

You forgot what Christy likes in her den? :lol:

& that Eldon seems happy to oblige?

I saw the diagram a year or two ago with upper and lower front - back Fortes. Then came the one of a kind center SUB dialed in by the man himself! Then the drool worthy MWM's L & R. Are those Jube HF drivers?   Like the big screen also!

Wish I wasn't fancy myself!!

Ah.... Roy's OK. That's how he answers when I tell him I like something, eh it's alright, it really means it's good, or he would tell you why it's not.

Yes Christy picked out the 2 ch speakers, it was all her idea after she heard some. It was no problem from me, I just made sure she knew how big there were by cutting and taping packing paper together to the right size so she could see it,  she said I know and looked at me, so it happened.

The front of the room changed from back before the sub, it was a cabinet I built to hold the electronics and had a shelf in it to hold the center Forte ll. I gave that cabinet to our daughter for  a Tv stand when we got the sub and now just stand the center in front of the sub. The center sits on a short little stand with wheels so I can roll it to the side against the MWM if I want it out of the way.

I had no place to put the back Forte's so I made some metal brackets and hung them from the beam, they don't show if your in the kitchen and dining room on the other side of that beam. Didn't realize that until they were up there, it would not have made a difference if you could see them. 

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

The only person I have to please, in the house, is the wife.

Exactly, and apparently she likes big plywood boxes, and for sure music. 

Rears, it's odd but it works. It's slightly different now, the back three are all Forte ll's in one color Oak. in this pic it was 2 original Forte in Walnut and a center in Oak, gave the original models to our daughter.

speakers_(21).JPG.b3d9a3dcca717f49f023bea0c39351b8.JPG

• Like 6

On 5/5/2020 at 6:16 PM, Tarheel said:

After a few weeks of lock down Martinis I felt the need for a different drink.  I decided on an Old Fashion with a twist.  Instead of a sugar cube (I'm doing Atkins) I froze some liquid Splenda into miniature cubes.  Three shakes of bitters and an orange peel to garnish and 2 oz of Gentleman Jack.  Bien!

Last time I had a suger cube was... oh wait... Never mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• Moderators

Well we kind of live out in the sticks, you kind of have to coming here.

You be well also

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

Last time I had a suger cube was... oh wait... Never mind.

You were a bad boy, and you look so innocent. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1