Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Dirtmudd, seen a video of an interview with the Doobie Brothers and they were asked the real meaning of the name. They said we were not that creative naming the band, it's just what you think it is. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well we kind of live out in the sticks, you kind of have to coming here.

You be well also

You were a bad boy, and you look so innocent. :lol:

But he probably partied with Gary Richrath.  Gary, for those of you not familiar with him, was a really good guitar player. You know, that good old rock & roll stuff ... and great to watch live, and i did, about three times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

But he probably partied with Gary Richrath.  Gary, for those of you not familiar with him, was a really good guitar player. You know, that good old rock & roll stuff ... and great to watch live, and i did, about three times. 

Only saw him once and it was memorable. "You Get What You Play For" came out the next year and sounded exactly how we all remembered that show! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Only saw him once and it was memorable. "You Get What You Play For" came out the next year and sounded exactly how we all remembered that show! 

You know that is one of my favorite “live” albums of all time. 

• Like 4

Kenny's dad (southpark... you killed kenny! you ba+t*%d!)

Once said "Everyday is like the weekend when your unemployed"

Haven't left the house at 5:30 in so long I get mixed up sometimes too. Football is on Saturdays kept me in the know for a long time! Not sure this next fall.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

He was ok... When his old band practiced in my garage they didn't even have a p.a. system.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I guess I missed out on some cultural activities while I was hitch-hiking around the country?  That was how I used to spend my summer. You guys talk about some of the dives you spent the night at....

well, I dinna have to worry about bed bugs.... black widows and scorpions, yes.

Good morning all,

....or Good evening, if you are a night owl.

Can't get spotify to work now... yt is OK...So, yt it is. Wifi signal is weak, at best, in the doghouse... Spot will load, very slowly... not play  Should try it in the house.

Found something I lost 5 years ago. Was raking up dry weeds and came across the drive sprocket for one of my electric chainsaws. Been waiting for it to turn up. Gave up looking for it. Now, I wonder if I still have the saw?  Funny thing, the sprocket was right where I remember it coming off.

Spent yesterday chasing wilting plants with the hose. Our day/night temp difference eclipsed 50`. It was below 50` yesterday AM and over 100` at 3PM. Looks like the same today. R/H was 5 or 6%.

@babadono

do you get that foggy season, in June, that I've heard about? 

Wife got a bag of flour. Gal brought it from Mexico. Wife told her "20 lb"... we got 20 kilos. Of course, I bought 10lb at the store the day before. We're set for a while. Wife did get the lady's recipe for tortillas. Said the gal's face lit up when she finally got it across to her that we were going to  [try to] make tortillas. I bet she is snickering inside. Simple recipe... the trick is patting them out. Some technique involved in that. This should be a fun family activity...

• Like 3

Ok this painting crap is starting to get to me.  The past two days I've crashed about midnight and something is waking me up @ 4:45AM so yea.  Up again early.  Last time this happened the alarm in the cell was going off.  Haven't looked yet but maybe.  lol  Don't ask me!

Yea, we're on it and making daily progress but the guy w/me is a totally diff kind of painter.    He's driving an 18" roller on the ceiling and was all proud of himself for stretching a gallon to do the living/dining area vaulted ceiling which is ok BUT then stands back pointing out thin spots.  See that?  Yup, it's why I told you to load that roller up cause it's gonna take two coats. So what if I have to drop another $50 in a gallon?   Ya want it right or half-ars3d?  2.5 gallon job.  Simple.  Darn kids want you all happy n stuff so they can come back in another year and paint it again.  Ummm, NOPE.  Bullet proof the stinking thing and be happy when you look up instead of looking for thin spots here and there.  Kids!

He's a rocker on the guitar and hangs w/the former drummer for Black Label Society who's stellar.  So it comes time to take the system down thinking he was gonna get a break.  Nope, slid them out, unplugged them, covered them and said there ya go.  Back to work!  Wanted to hear the system while he painted so I made him suffer.  Puter stuff thru the lil Klipsch system on it.  Should be done by Saturday then I'll pick up a case of Heineken.  2 12packs in two days so far?  Not bad, not bad at all.  hahaha  Time to hit it.  Play nice!   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

R/H was 5 or 6%.

You would need to add a zero to those to get close to our humidity. Ours is right at 82% this a.m. A beautiful sunny day that is supposed to hit 70. We had 85 earlier in the week... the heat felt great.

• Like 4

Starting to get the kinks out here. Didn't stretch enough already, just got my second mug. It's nippy here, carried the empty oj carton to the recycle dumpster and I thought I was gonna blow smoke on the way back 25 yards away. See it's up to 48 now, gotta finish trimming that last bush but it will soak me when I do it. This is the only yard waste pickup until juvember here now.  Lots more people are out and about this past week. 

• Like 2

it's fresh here, too. Not for long... the sun is coming. Have a few minutes before I have to close the house. Ya wanna get warm? Go outside.

Yard pick up???? I have a brush pile and a weed pile. Eventually, the weed pile will turn to tillable soil. Brush pile is future kindling.

Sprayed some water around the garden. Should be OK for the day.  My knee isn't as bad as yesterday. Still not running/jumping or even walking normal. I am ambulatory.

• Like 2

We had auto deposit on refunds for the past few years, so our went in electronically. It was made as a separate deposit from my SS. I haven't done our 2019 taxes yet either.

• Like 3